Status
Not open for further replies.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121623 said:
Not when tier 2 school are starting to offer the same amount. Every year things shift. Foley should be on top of this. Let me put it this way: would you rather overpay for someone who put you SECC games regularly and possibly could get you a NC? Or underpay a person that is mediocre. Freeze is used to playing really tough teams. The third tier is not. In fact Utah state, who CSU beat by a FG, got completely destroyed by Tennessee. Tennessee!!

Well Tennessee beat USCe, who beat ugay, who beat the sh*t out of Auburn, who beat Ole Miss!! Freeze is obviously not that good.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n121622 said:
Freeze stays at Ole Miss and that means all the big names are off the table? :headscratch:

I am pretty sure Stoops isn't interested and I just think Briles, Patterson etc. aren't leaving. I think the biggest name we could get is Rich Rod but Foley probably wouldn't hire him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n121626 said:
I am pretty sure Stoops isn't interested and I just think Briles, Patterson etc. aren't leaving. I think the biggest name we could get is Rich Rod but Foley probably wouldn't hire him.

So you have no idea like the rest of us and are just making things up?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n121622 said:
Freeze stays at Ole Miss and that means all the big names are off the table? :headscratch:

Ole Miss isn't saying we offered Freeze, Freeze himself isn't saying we offered Freeze, Sexton isn't saying we offered Freeze, Florida is denying they even contacted Freeze, so how the heck is it that Freeze spurned us to stay at Ole Miss?

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
In fact Utah state, who CSU beat by a FG, got completely destroyed by Tennessee. Tennessee!!

But that same CSU team beat Boston College 24-21 who nearly upset FSU and did beat Southern California. We beat UGA and yet lost to the team they destroyed - Missouri! It cuts both ways!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121633 said:
Ole Miss isn't saying we offered Freeze, Freeze himself isn't saying we offered Freeze, Sexton isn't saying we offered Freeze, Florida is denying they even contacted Freeze, so how the heck is it that Freeze spurned us to stay at Ole Miss?

When did I say anything about spurning us? Or is your post directed at someone else?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What if we end up getting McDaniels? He obviously could bolt for an NFL job, but not before he got UF to be successful... would people be willing to take a short term solution... I'm not a huge fan of this, but I realize it's a possiblility. I want somebody who will stay at UF for a long time... I'm tired of the coaching searches every 4 or 5 years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n121629 said:
So you have no idea like the rest of us and are just making things up?

No one knows except Foley now but if you think I am full of it I will avatar bet you we don't get a big name (we can agree to the list) unless its Rich Rod.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not when tier 2 school are starting to offer the same amount. Every year things shift. Foley should be on top of this. Let me put it this way: would you rather overpay for someone who put you SECC games regularly and possibly could get you a NC? Or underpay a person that is mediocre. Freeze is used to playing really tough teams. The third tier is not. In fact Utah state, who CSU beat by a FG, got completely destroyed by Tennessee. Tennessee!!

So Freeze has been to multiple SECCGs? When? It appears you are basing your opinion on evidence that isn't there at this point. How do you know Freeze isn't another Zook, a guy who can recruit good talent, win a game he shouldn't win every year, but lose a game he shouldn't lose a couple of times a year. Similar to what he did at Ole Miss this year. Is that kind of candidate worth top 5 money? Freeze is used to facing tough teams, and he is used to facing teams like Presbreytain and Texas El-Paso. You really have a lot of faith in a guy who hasn't proven to be more than Zook. But as you said, we should over pay for that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze is gone
We put out a feeler, he hemmed and hawed
We never offered
He was one leg of Plan A
There are others we're considering
McElwain is a candidate of significant interest
Foley won't commit to hiring McElway until he's absolutely certain the A list shelf has been exhausted
The A list shelf still is not empty
How Chip Kelly got on it is anyone's guess
Please put the words "I think" in front of every one of these
Merry Christmas

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n121640]Freeze is gone
We put out a feeler, he hemmed and hawed
We never offered
He was one leg of Plan A
There are others we're considering
McElwain is a candidate of significant interest
Foley won't commit to hiring McElway until he's absolutely certain the A list shelf has been exhausted
The A list shelf still is not empty
How Chip Kelly got on it is anyone's guess
Please put the words "I think" in front of every one of these
Merry Christmas[/QUOTE]

What do you consider A list 78?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n121638 said:
No one knows except Foley now but if you think I am full of it I will avatar bet you we don't get a big name (we can agree to the list) unless its Rich Rod.

Ok. The list is Everyone except Muschamp.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121627 said:
I was not completely sold on Freeze, but what convinced me that it could work was how he played in big games. He overperfomed his talent. Even Arky was tough this year. I could see how with better players and a weaker conference, he could be successful at Florida.

How he played in two big games? Mississippi State isn't a big game talent wise, its two middling SEC schools. So he beat LSU last year, and Alabama this year. What else do you have? A loss to a 4-4 Auburn team, who got crushed by a Georgia team we crushed? Other than those two wins, what big games did he wow you. That clock management against LSU? Wasting the 20 seconds on the playclock before sending on the field goal unit against Auburn? Beating a $hitty Texas team last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator