Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103965 said:
Irony is a hell of a drug.

I hope we win out. I think we still have a good shot to win the SEC East and even FSU. I'm simply stating that I'd love to see Champ stay despite the record. All of the negative attitudes on here have gotten to me. UF is still a University first. With the exception of the Treon allegation, which many believe was a false allegation, we haven't had any off the field issues. By all accounts he is instilling character into the young men and helping them mature and grow up. I think he is good for the University.

If people on here want to boil everything down to a football program, that's your choice, but it's narrow minded and short sighted. How many Bullgators do we have on here? They are the only ones with any real pull over the situation. The new TV contracts will keep us in the black regardless. That is mostly due to Foley not going whole hog on new facilities. Many other SEC programs are now leveraged to the hilt, not UF.

But hey, maybe we should bring an Urban Meyer type back. Let the inmates run the asylum. We can be FSU east. BTW, what do you think happens there once Jameis leaves?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fact that Florida Football is not a high priority in my life has given me a different perspective. I still watch every week and yell and scream. And I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two weeks. If FSU beats us, I don't really care. I know plenty of FSU fans who'd brag and gloat. My response will be the same. Did you even go to FSU? If not, how could you not even get in there. If yes, then I'm really sorry that you couldn't get into UF.

There is so much more to going to UF than the sports program. I rooted for the Gator regardless, and I will continue to do so. But the petty hatred on here is absolutely ridiculous. If that is you sole motivation, which it obviously is for some, I hope Muschamp stays for a long time, just to spite you. Because I'll root for the Gators every Saturday regardless. My love for UF does not hinge on a football record.

We do have pull whether you belive it or not. That booing at the Missouri game whether called for or not being shown on Sportscenter etc. was more powerful than most Bull Gators except for a few at the very top. If we would have lost to Georgia I really believe Muschamp wouldn't have been the coach any longer as Foley wouldn't have wanted a repeat of that situation. I do think he is retained by Foley if we beat SC however due to the QB change to Harris and the rest.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n103964 said:
Just an observation. Many arent renewing their season tickets and others have voiced their displeasure and have said no more donations until he is gone. Attendance is low and will most likely continue to dwindle if he were to be contained. I dont have access to numbers but am willing to bet merchandise sales are at a pretty low point. Recruiting is suffering. I have never claimed to know much but I think there are obvious signs of regression.

Through the LSU game the stadium was averaging 96.6% (down from last years total 98.75%) attendance for the home games (EMU, UK, and LSU). Know student ticket sales have been down this year (I do not have verified number). So I'm not sure we are dwindling too much that it would hurt that bottom line, especially with the new money coming in from the SEC network. This does also go with a drop in overall FBS attendance as well, since 2010. As far as Merchandise Sales, that number won't be verified until later in the year. Donations, there has been a lot of big talk about pulling donations. Usually that is all it is. There might be people here or there that pull there money, but usually those aren't the people who make the needle move to begin with. Another thing that will not be completely verifiable until at least the end of the quarter or at the latest the fiscal year. Donations were not down in 2013, which we can all agree was a much worse year.

As far as recruiting, has nothing to do with the comment I made.

There is a lot of things we can blame Muschamp for, but loss of venue isn't verifible and has too many other factors that go with it (Idaho game, economics, etc.).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have dropped from the 4th highest revenue team to the 10 highest revenue team it looks like since Muschamp arrived looking at some lists.

Edit - some lists show us 6th or 7th still so Its whatever numbers you take I guess.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n103983 said:
Through the LSU game the stadium was averaging 96.6% (down from last years total 98.75%) attendance for the home games (EMU, UK, and LSU). Know student ticket sales have been down this year (I do not have verified number). So I'm not sure we are dwindling too much that it would hurt that bottom line, especially with the new money coming in from the SEC network. This does also go with a drop in overall FBS attendance as well, since 2010. As far as Merchandise Sales, that number won't be verified until later in the year. Donations, there has been a lot of big talk about pulling donations. Usually that is all it is. There might be people here or there that pull there money, but usually those aren't the people who make the needle move to begin with. Another thing that will not be completely verifiable until at least the end of the quarter or at the latest the fiscal year. Donations were not down in 2013, which we can all agree was a much worse year.

As far as recruiting, has nothing to do with the comment I made.

There is a lot of things we can blame Muschamp for, but loss of venue isn't verifible and has too many other factors that go with it (Idaho game, economics, etc.).

So, do you believe the negatives will increase or decrease if he were retained? Do you think new blood would help or hurt the negatives?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n103984 said:
We have dropped from the 4th highest revenue team to the 10 highest revenue team it looks like since Muschamp arrived looking at some lists.

Edit - some lists show us 6th or 7th still so Its whoever numbers you take I guess.

Fever, some of the teams that have jumped us have had Conference and Unversity tv deals. This will be our first year with a conference television deal. So that isn't a good indicator due to other factors. Since Muschamp has been made coach, Big 10 network, Pac-12 network, Texas Network, etc... SEC is playing catch up on the television money.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing is going to hurt overall revenue because of the TV deals. I think the question is about ticket revenue. Do we have specific numbers on ticket revenue?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n103990 said:
Nothing is going to hurt overall revenue because of the TV deals. I think the question is about ticket revenue. Do we have specific numbers on ticket revenue?

Merchandise is a great indicator as well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103965 said:

I hope we win out. I think we still have a good shot to win the SEC East and even FSU. I'm simply stating that I'd love to see Champ stay despite the record. All of the negative attitudes on here have gotten to me. UF is still a University first. With the exception of the Treon allegation, which many believe was a false allegation, we haven't had any off the field issues. By all accounts he is instilling character into the young men and helping them mature and grow up. I think he is good for the University.

If people on here want to boil everything down to a football program, that's your choice, but it's narrow minded and short sighted. How many Bullgators do we have on here? They are the only ones with any real pull over the situation. The new TV contracts will keep us in the black regardless. That is mostly due to Foley not going whole hog on new facilities. Many other SEC programs are now leveraged to the hilt, not UF.

But hey, maybe we should bring an Urban Meyer type back. Let the inmates run the asylum. We can be FSU east. BTW, what do you think happens there once Jameis leaves?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fact that Florida Football is not a high priority in my life has given me a different perspective. I still watch every week and yell and scream. And I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two weeks. If FSU beats us, I don't really care. I know plenty of FSU fans who'd brag and gloat. My response will be the same. Did you even go to FSU? If not, how could you not even get in there. If yes, then I'm really sorry that you couldn't get into UF.

There is so much more to going to UF than the sports program. I rooted for the Gator regardless, and I will continue to do so. But the petty hatred on here is absolutely ridiculous. If that is you sole motivation, which it obviously is for some, I hope Muschamp stays for a long time, just to spite you. Because I'll root for the Gators every Saturday regardless. My love for UF does not hinge on a football record.

It doesn't have to come down to an either or situation. There are plenty of succesful coaches that do things the right way off the field. WM doesn't have a monopoly on this and he has proven he is as weak as water as a HC on the field. Sorry, but your argument on this is lame at best.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n103990 said:

Attendance is down, but total ticket revenue hasn't been released (as far as I have seen), that will be the real factor. Student ticket sales are reported as being the biggest culprit which is the lowest cost ticket, but there have been no number release from what I have seen.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n104003 said:
Attendance is down, but total ticket revenue hasn't been released (as far as I have seen), that will be the real factor. Student ticket sales are reported as being the biggest culprit which is the lowest cost ticket, but there have been no number release from what I have seen.

I found where ESPN got the reports in 2008 but they don't show any other years and despite us being 4th in total revenue that year our ticket revenue was only 17th on the list. I cant find it for other years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n103985 said:
So, do you believe the negatives will increase or decrease if he were retained? Do you think new blood would help or hurt the negatives?

As far as revenue, his firing at this point in the season wouldn't make the needle move too much right now (after the season, possibly). It would depend on the hire post his removal that would make the needle move. Also there will be a wait see if the next coach is questionable. Florida has a powerful fanbase that is built in regardless of the coach, and is well managed overall. From a football prospective his removal would help in my opinion, but if he wins out I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed either and people would spend money because they would see improvement.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103965 said:

I'm almost positive you are the same person that thought Billy Donovan was a mediocre coach. Irony is something, isn't it?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n104016 said:
As far as revenue, his firing at this point in the season wouldn't make the needle move too much right now (after the season, possibly). It would depend on the hire post his removal that would make the needle move. Also there will be a wait see if the next coach is questionable. Florida has a powerful fanbase that is built in regardless of the coach, and is well managed overall. From a football prospective his removal would help in my opinion, but if he wins out I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed either and people would spend money because they would see improvement.

I'm pretty sure we got an email letting boosts know tickets were available for the next 2 games as low as $15. I think they were lower level as well. Anyone else get that email?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n104022 said:
I'm pretty sure we got an email letting boosts know tickets were available for the next 2 games as low as $15. I think they were lower level as well. Anyone else get that email?

Where they in the student section. Because as I stated above attendence is down from last year, and it is reportly mostly in the student section.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n104022 said:

South Carolina returned tickets, they posted info on social media saying tickets available as low as $55. I'm sure tickets for the last game are cheaper because it's not a "premium" SEC game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n104025 said:
South Carolina returned tickets, they posted info on social media saying tickets available as low as $55. I'm sure tickets for the last game are cheaper because it's not a "premium" SEC game.

How dare you bring facts into the Muschamp is the reason people aren't coming to games discussion. :banned:

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we have sold out one game this season. Tickets have been available for every home game. That is an indictment of Muschamp.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n104081 said:
I don't think we have sold out one game this season. Tickets have been available for every home game. That is an indictment of Muschamp.

Or big screen HD TVs?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n104081 said:
Either that, technology, the fans, or the state of college ball....I'd say it is all.

I do not pay as much attention as I used to....it's not all Muschamp with me...more of the amount of money and false importance of college ball has become....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.