Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n104238 said:
Overall student apathy plays a role in attendance too. I don't get it myself, I know a lot here went to UF, some went to smaller schools like I did, but regardless, every home Saturday you went, record be damned.
Jeebus Rice, dude. How hard is it? Like most Gators are long past tired of this shhiiit. You can't pay us enough to watch another game of boring ass 1950s Bulldawg Chimp Ball. Or to listen to you people who are just hoping for moral victories and chanting wait til next year again.

The only interesting parts of the game is when the crowd starts chanting "Fire Muschimp" or seeing whether Chimp decides to throw the ball to Clay Burton or Westbrook with the game on the line.

You can talk apathy all you want, but there were big screens and iphones before Chimp, yet we had sold out games. Yes most teams didn't be we did. We had a steak of around 25 years, even when all those other teams couldn't sell out. Even Zook had sellouts. Even Zook.

You can also talk about 98% tickets sold (with some being given to Boys Clubs etc for free) but we sound like Semenholes when it's obvious to everyone that 25% of the stadium is empty. It will only get worse next year as more and more people checkout completely.

UCLA used to be a football powerhouse for decades. Tinerc did, too. Nothing is a given. Chimp can completely destroy this program and if you were to draw up a plan you couldn't devise a better one than exactly what he's done.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n104280 said:
Jeebus Rice, dude. How hard is it. Like almost every Gator you can't pay us enough to watch another game of boring ass 1950s Bulldawg Chimp Ball.

The only interesting parts of the game is when the crowd starts chanting "Fire Muschimp" or seeing whether Chimp decides to throw the ball to Clay Burton or Westbrook with the game on the line.

You can talk apathy all you want, but there were big screens and iphones before Chimp, yet we had sold out games. You can also talk about 98% tickets sold (with some being given to Boys Clubs etc for free) but we sound like Semenholes when it's obvious to everyone that 25% of the stadium is empty. It will only get worse next year as more and more people checkout completely.

UCLA used to be a football powerhouse for decades. Tinerc did, too. Nothing is a given. Chimp can completely destroy this program and if you were to draw up a plan you couldn't devise a better one than exactly what he's done.

logo.jpg

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you're still my buddy and I'd rush the gates of hell with ya!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n104164 said:
GIGator;n104153 said:
It goes back and forth GI. In 2012 and midway through last season, I was one of the ones defending the hell out of WM and folks like Law were constantly being battered by myself and most of the board. Well, after a 4-8 season and the beatings we've endured so far this year, it looks like Law and the naysayers were spot on about him and his prospects as a HC. The bottom line is this...his results have been unacceptable and most of Gator Nation is ready to move on. In year 4, there really is no valid defense of the job he's done. Meyer, injuries, QB play, bad luck or whatever just doesn't fly in year 4 for most of us. Don't take things so personal. We're all Gators at the end of the day and this message board has always been one to take shots at each other. It's what makes it the best in my opinion.

Law based his comments on factual data and sound reasoning. That's much different than someone calling Muschamp names and being disrespectful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n104290 said:
Ox, you're still my buddy and I'd rush the gates of hell with ya!

We know you would, bro. I know what you're made of and respect your never quit attitude. Real life stuff and a real life hero. That's why we love you... even when we disagree with you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n104291 said:
Law based his comments on factual data and sound reasoning. That's much different than someone calling Muschamp names and being disrespectful.
I'm confused a little on this one. Some would say I'm quite disrespectful and sarcastic. Just some of course.

Anyway, it wasn't rocket surgeon stuff. You can't play just half the game and expect to win. Yeah, you can get by sometimes just playing defense (Chimp in 2012, VTech, etc) and just playing offense (all the lil Mumme Leach Horgersons Rodriguezes out there) but it just doesn't work as a real formula for success.

I know some have forgotten but I was a huge Chimp supporter when he was hired, until he proved he has zero interest in playing offense, scoring points and winning games.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
This dude sheridan says the leghumpers will win the east, didn't even mention the gators. I want to kick his ass, he could ve atleast said gators might surprise. Damn even finebaum is writing us off. I actually think we beat usce

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law you actually supported the chump, wow thought you would know shi! When you saw it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n104311 said:
Law you actually supported the chump, wow thought you would know shi! When you saw it
He is an elite DC. Really, it should have been easy. All he had to do was get a mediocre OC, turn off the headphones when the offense was on the field, and let his recruiters do their thing in the richest state in the country. We coast to wins.

Instead he felt he needed to be the OC also, be the guy who sets the depth chart on offense, and believed that you win games by time of possession. It's hard to make that stuff up.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
dubster1;n104311 said:

Come on, I think the majority of us wanted him to succeed. I sure did.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
dubster1;n104311 said:

Quite a revalation for me also. Kinda like finding out the Easter bunny isn't real.

Listen to this though. I think that Champ is going to be laser focused in what he knows. He may have something dialed up for USCe. If he keeps his hands off the O for the next 3 games...
I think as long as we don't get behind this team can stay ahead. If we get behind we stay behind.
I like our chances against F$U too.

Of course Champ has disappointed me before.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gatormandan;n104313 said:
Come on, I think the majority of us wanted him to succeed. I sure did.
I didnt like the hire to start with, initially i supported him, but i have watched enough football to know that this marty shotenheimer 3 yards and a cloud of dust would never work at uf, and chump turned out to be what i thought he was a over bearing maniac that wants to micro manage ever snap both offense and defense. You cant hand the keys to a s500 series to a teenager, so you should not hand the keys to a top 5 program to a unproven hc, just my 2 cents

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
dubster1;n104317 said:
I didnt like the hire to start with, initially i supported him, but i have watched enough football to know that this marty shotenheimer 3 yards and a cloud of dust would never work at uf, and chump turned out to be what i thought he was a over bearing maniac that wants to micro manage ever snap both offense and defense. You cant hand the keys of a s500 series to a teenager, so you should not hand the keys to a top 5 program to a unproven hc, just my 2 cents
^
This

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I know alot of people hate urbs.i personally don't have a issue. Urbs bought us two bcs titles and allowed me to talk major **** for 3 years to ga.fans fsu fans, Alabama fans, lsu fans, etc

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I know I will be extremely happy when its settled and the new coach is announced!

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gatormandan;n104329 said:
I know I will be extremely happy when its settled and the new coach is announced!
Im at the point, that they could name finebaum the coach and i would be happy, anything has to be an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator