SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103965 said:
I'm simply stating that I'd love to see Champ stay despite the record. I think he is good for the University.

the fact that Florida Football is not a high priority in my life

Explains a lot...

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n103922 said:
GI, I thought you were smarter than this. There's a difference between telling someone they don't know what they are talking about and calling them a liar. I never called you a liar. YOU, on the other hand, flat out called my sources liars. So how are you so much better in this situation?

Unbunch your panties, it's a message

Ox, uou been hanging out with Obama's Press Secretary. I stated what I have been told by some people who know what's going on and you stated that I didn't know "WTF" I was talking about. How could that be interpreted as anything other than you accusing my of lying? Now, had I said that it was my opinion, then it would have meant that my opinion was wrong and that's fine. I did call whoever told you that Muschamp was told he wasn't being retained a liar, because they lied when they told you that and I'll tell them that to their face.

No, I wasn't angry. I chose the use those words to make a point, because you broke out the "WTF" bomb. Trust me, I may challenge some comments, but, I don't get angry over such things. Mess with my kids and you will see angry. There are fans with various opinions. It seems that the only opinion that is welcomed here is the anti-Muschamp posters. That's the main reason there has been a drop off in the debate. If a poster makes a point in Muschamp's favor, he/she is made to look like they are mad, stupid or lying. Not many want to participate in that kind of discussion. There's not much tolerance for opposing views. BTW, Danny Weurfel just endorsed Muschamp and said he should be retained. His argument was rather convincing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n104153 said:
oxrageous;n103922 said:
GI, I thought you were smarter than this. There's a difference between telling someone they don't know what they are talking about and calling them a liar. I never called you a liar. YOU, on the other hand, flat out called my sources liars. So how are you so much better in this situation?

Unbunch your panties, it's a message

Ox, uou been hanging out with Obama's Press Secretary. I stated what I have been told by some people who know what's going on and you stated that I didn't know "WTF" I was talking about. How could that be interpreted as anything other than you accusing my of lying? Now, had I said that it was my opinion, then it would have meant that my opinion was wrong and that's fine. I did call whoever told you that Muschamp was told he wasn't being retained a liar, because they lied when they told you that and I'll tell them that to their face.

No, I wasn't angry. I chose the use those words to make a point, because you broke out the "WTF" bomb. Trust me, I may challenge some comments, but, I don't get angry over such things. Mess with my kids and you will see angry. There are fans with various opinions. It seems that the only opinion that is welcomed here is the anti-Muschamp posters. That's the main reason there has been a drop off in the debate. If a poster makes a point in Muschamp's favor, he/she is made to look like they are mad, stupid or lying. Not many want to participate in that kind of discussion. There's not much tolerance for opposing views. BTW, Danny Weurfel just endorsed Muschamp and said he should be retained. His argument was rather convincing.

It goes back and forth GI. In 2012 and midway through last season, I was one of the ones defending the hell out of WM and folks like Law were constantly being battered by myself and most of the board. Well, after a 4-8 season and the beatings we've endured so far this year, it looks like Law and the naysayers were spot on about him and his prospects as a HC. The bottom line is this...his results have been unacceptable and most of Gator Nation is ready to move on. In year 4, there really is no valid defense of the job he's done. Meyer, injuries, QB play, bad luck or whatever just doesn't fly in year 4 for most of us. Don't take things so personal. We're all Gators at the end of the day and this message board has always been one to take shots at each other. It's what makes it the best in my opinion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those who want him retained for some reason think he can coach. I am not one of those people. That's why I don't want him retained. I think if he is brought back it's only going to prolong our agony and set us back further. Nothing personal, simple as that. I also think this opinion is shared by more than 80% of the Gator Nation, and perhaps much higher than that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n104168 said:
Those who want him retained for some reason think he can coach. I am not one of those people. That's why I don't want him retained. I think if he is brought back it's only going to prolong our agony and set us back further. Nothing personal, simple as that. I also think this opinion is shared by more than 80% of the Gator Nation, and perhaps much higher than that.

Maybe we should have a poll to see if you are right.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n104174 said:
Too early for a poll. Let's wait until after this weekend.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n104175 said:
Too early for a poll. Let's wait until after this weekend.

History has proven if we lose you will have a lot more people to poll

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n104174 said:

Where is Queen City when you need him?

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
oxrageous;n104168 said:
Count me in among the 80%. My opinion of Muschamp as a head football coach is based on his body of work. I am one who believed he should have been fired last year not only for the bottom line team results but also--and in my mind of greater import-- because of his behavior which by any standard was an embarrassment to the university. I am arrogant enough to make the claim that the University of Florida deserves better.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LadyGator74;n104203 said:
Count me in among the 80%. My opinion of Muschamp as a head football coach is based on his body of work. I am one who believed he should have been fired last year not only for the bottom line team results but also--and in my mind of greater import-- because of his behavior which by any standard was an embarrassment to the university. I am arrogant enough to make the claim that the University of Florida deserves better.

Yup. One more game wont make much difference.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n104081 said:
I don't think we have sold out one game this season. Tickets have been available for every home game. That is an indictment of Muschamp.

Only two teams in the SEC have sold out every game through the 7th week. Attendence is down in the NCAA overall, after last year where it dropped as well. So it's a national problem, for some Muschamp is the reason. But for others who would fill those spots increased prices, stagnant job growth, HD tvs, and a host of other reasons are the cause.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n104188 said:
History has proven if we lose you will have a lot more people to poll

And the results will be affected also. If SC does beat us we will never know how good these sources actually were.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n104233 said:
Only two teams in the SEC have sold out every game through the 7th week. Attendence is down in the NCAA overall, after last year where it dropped as well. So it's a national problem, for some Muschamp is the reason. But for others who would fill those spots increased prices, stagnant job growth, HD tvs, and a host of other reasons are the cause.

Overall student apathy plays a role in attendance too. I don't get it myself, I know a lot here went to UF, some went to smaller schools like I did, but regardless, every home Saturday you went, record be damned. Especially at a smaller school, you actually knew and were friends with a majority of the players, which made a difference as well. Today it seems that students would rather stay in their dorm or apartment and play on Facebook all day. Different times I guess.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n104236 said:
And the results will be affected also. If SC does beat us we will never know how good these sources actually were.

If it is fluctuating that much from week to week...probably a good indicator that he needs to go.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n104238 said:
Overall student apathy plays a role in attendance too. I don't get it myself, I know a lot here went to UF, some went to smaller schools like I did, but regardless, every home Saturday you went, record be damned. Especially at a smaller school, you actually knew and were friends with a majority of the players, which made a difference as well. Today it seems that students would rather stay in their dorm or apartment and play on Facebook all day. Different times I guess.

:exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member