Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;97726 said:
If Muschamp finishes strong, he will bring in a top 10 class.
I'm praying that you get the help you obviously need. This statement goes beyond absurd and more into the territory of lunacy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I want you guys to consider something else. If Muschamp is retained, he's STILL going to be considered a coach on the hot seat next year, something that usually hurts recruiting. Foley would have to sign him to an extension if he was brought back for that very reason. Chew on that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n97776 said:
I'm praying that you get the help you obviously need. This statement goes beyond absurd and more into the territory of lunacy.

As crazy as it sounds, it's probably pretty accurate. Mike Farrel of Rivals was talking about this following the Mizz game. There are 3-4 game changer kids that are high on us, but also really high on WM. One of the primary reasons they've held off is that they are waiting to see what happens. If we were to strong--which I think would require a major improvement in our offensive game under Treon--including an upset win in Tally, we'd probably get a decent bowl and be considered to be trending. Now, there are about 100 "ifs" in post up to this point. But if they were accomplished, I do think we'd finish strong in recruiting.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are always kids out there who want to come to Florida, and if offered they will. Then there are the rest. Recruiting has changed so much in the past 5 years, especially in the area of flipping. Anyone who currently has Florida on their list (top 5) is fair game until signing day, even if they give a verbal to another school. I truly believe that the dynamic playmakers out there are not going to come here (unless they were coming here anyway) if they see that their primary responsibility is to block. I also believe that if a new head coach, known for running a dynamic offense of running and passing is hired, we will flip an all-time record number of recruits that have Florida in their top 5. Just my opinion...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n97784 said:
As crazy as it sounds, it's probably pretty accurate. Mike Farrel of Rivals was talking about this following the Mizz game. There are 3-4 game changer kids that are high on us, but also really high on WM. One of the primary reasons they've held off is that they are waiting to see what happens. If we were to strong--which I think would require a major improvement in our offensive game under Treon--including an upset win in Tally, we'd probably get a decent bowl and be considered to be trending. Now, there are about 100 "ifs" in post up to this point. But if they were accomplished, I do think we'd finish strong in recruiting.
Don't buy it, but I guess time will tell.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97779 said:
I want you guys to consider something else. If Muschamp is retained, he's STILL going to be considered a coach on the hot seat next year, something that usually hurts recruiting. Foley would have to sign him to an extension if he was brought back for that very reason. Chew on that.
EXACTLY! This is why we're in this situation to begin with...because he was given another year to hang himself. One more will just set us back an additional year in recruiting.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Originally posted by T REX View Post

No one wants to play for him and snooze ball. He's 16-14 in the SEC. It is easy to negative recruit against him. Nothing will save this year's class. It's gone. We may get some guys who would've come here regardless but we'll be lucky to get into the top 25.

alcoholica;n97770 said:
Do you follow recruiting at all? I mean even a little. We are basically being recruited by the #1 TE in the class because of Treon, not to mention the Calloway kid. You don't think RB's will see the UGA and see the potential in the offense. Or look at DRob in the KY game and see potential. We have a beast Oline class almost full. You don't think the offense will be better under Treon than Driskel? You just want to bitch non stop.

Irrational hatred isn't capable of objective analysis.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97678 said:
Short term solution. Tell me what QBs and WRs you will get to come here. None. I mean he gets none anyhow but all you'd get is RB and some o linemen if you're lucky.

Long term? Recruiting will go into the toilet. Kids these days don't want to play for this garbage and they will keep going elsewhere.

Seems like no one is looking into the future. It's not Muschamp.

Any good coach is going to run an offense that works. If running the ball is working any good coach will keep doing it. If throwing is working, then a good coach will do that. Usually, you need the right balance and even Muschamp knows that we are not going to run the ball 60 times a game.

Alabama has been able to recruit playmakers at WR with a run heavy offense... there is no reason we can't if we show the balance and the ability to use our WRs for big plays at key times. We showed we are willing to throw the ball against LSU and I think you will see UF throw the ball more, but the run was working so well against UGA it just didn't make sense to start tossing it around in that environment.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97770 said:
Do you follow recruiting at all? I mean even a little. We are basically being recruited by the #1 TE in the class because of Treon, not to mention the Calloway kid. You don't think RB's will see the UGA and see the potential in the offense. Or look at DRob in the KY game and see potential. We have a beast Oline class almost full. You don't think the offense will be better under Treon than Driskel? You just want to bitch non stop.

You think kids are using a single game samples to make a decision? Do you know how stupid that sounds? Look at the KY game? Come on man...give me a break...UGA? An anomaly? Some of us are going full retard after one game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97806 said:
Originally posted by T REX View Post

No one wants to play for him and snooze ball. He's 16-14 in the SEC. It is easy to negative recruit against him. Nothing will save this year's class. It's gone. We may get some guys who would've come here regardless but we'll be lucky to get into the top 25.

Irrational hatred isn't capable of objective analysis.

Hatred is your opinion and equals truth in mine. Muscrap is craptastic. All this talk about keeping him is utter nonsense and frankly, irrational. Nice word, thanks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's objective for you: 16-14.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97818 said:
You think kids are using a single game samples to make a decision? Do you know how stupid that sounds? Look at the KY game? Come on man...give me a break...UGA? An anomaly? Some of us are going full retard after one game.

Have any of my posts talked about 1 win against UGA doing anything? No. But you guys love to mix words because well it just suits your agenda. You're like a bunch of liberals scheming to make everyone eat a **** sandwich. You do realize that many of us would rather keep Muschamp in the GatorNation than you. You realize that your arrogance is why people hate UF fans. We deserve this and we deserve that. Maybe if we learned to appreciate what we have we might keep it around a bit longer. You are the same type of people who booed Spurrier (yes it happened) and leaned on Meyer (even tho he's a sack). You think you're entitled...so how about we set you up on some food stamps and get you a meal plan. You can get an Obama phone and get teabagged by Jessie Jackson. Go choke on a Xanax, you're like Alvie's sheep humping cousin.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The freaks come out at night.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
t-gator;n97160 said:
The only guys that I can think of that fit that description is Hugh freeze, kliff Kingsbury, Dan Mullen and James Franklin. I'm surely missing somebody

Charlie Strong

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp is a one step forward, two steps backwards kind of guy. From a visionary and executive standpoint, he is poor. As I said during the game, the first order of business is to beat the dawgs; however this does not mitigate 4 years of suspect preparation, record breaking historical lows and being spanked by teams showing up on our turf with more want to than us. Your team is a reflection of the head coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97898 said:
Have any of my posts talked about 1 win against UGA doing anything? No. But you guys love to mix words because well it just suits your agenda. You're like a bunch of liberals scheming to make everyone eat a **** sandwich. You do realize that many of us would rather keep Muschamp in the GatorNation than you. You realize that your arrogance is why people hate UF fans. We deserve this and we deserve that. Maybe if we learned to appreciate what we have we might keep it around a bit longer. You are the same type of people who booed Spurrier (yes it happened) and leaned on Meyer (even tho he's a sack). You think you're entitled...so how about we set you up on some food stamps and get you a meal plan. You can get an Obama phone and get teabagged by Jessie Jackson. Go choke on a Xanax, you're like Alvie's sheep humping cousin.

You....

alcoholica;n97818 said:
you don't think RB's will see the UGA

Sounds like one of your posts talked about 1 win vs UGA...no mixing there dude. Get that head checked out.

I never boo'ed Spurrier. I was a sycophant. A zealot. Still am. And why do all the sunshine pumpers always fall back on insults and name calling? It's the standard MO and has been since day one. On all three sites. Attack attack attack if someone isn't a blind follower. Grow up pal. Life is more than football.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n97979 said:
I didn't see him making Bridgewater hand off 80% of the time.

That's not what I'm saying lol. I was going through coaches that fit the criteria thay ox 's source said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.