Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n98447 said:
These are the kinds of names that make me question making a change. I'm all for upgrading, and have been calling for WM's head since 2011. But change, just for the sake of change, is flirting with ut territory. We need to get a real name.

Completely agree. There are about 8 names I'd take tomorrow, otherwise, we need to tread lightly. Guys like Stoops, Franklin, Sumlin, Chip Kelly, Jim Harbaugh are tier 1 guys, Freeze and Mullen are tier 2 guys that I'd take asap. But when we start throwing out names like Schiano, Taggert, or even a Gundy or Dabo Sweeney, I start getting a Tennessee feel.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n98454 said:
But when we start throwing out names like Schiano, Taggert, or even a Gundy or Dabo Sweeney, I start getting a Tennessee feel.
Uh, I've got a Tennessee feel now and have for nearly two years.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n98456 said:

And yet we've beat them 10 years in a row. I don't think we're quite down to Tennessee level yet.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n98456 said:

I get that. But we gotta do better than Schiano and Taggert or it'll get worse. And it can get worse.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n98459 said:
I get that. But we gotta do better than Schiano and Taggert or it'll get worse. And it can get worse.
Honestly man, I really don't think it can. A 4-8 season and losing to an FCS team? Over 100 ranking in offense 4 years in a row? Two straight homecoming losses? Crap recruiting classes? Even these lower-tier guys could do better than that with the resources UF has. It really has been an astoundingly bad run here. NOBODY thought it could get as bad as it has.

Guys, I hate to keep banging this stupid drum, but we have a guy right now that is several tiers below guys like Schiano and Taggert. Either one of those stiffs would be going up several tiers. I'd much rather make a change to one of them than stay with what we've got.

Saying that, I think the Board of Trustees is aiming high this time anyway.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
fetch

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think taggart and shciano would be a lateral move. Actually I'd rather have muschamp than shciano not only is he a ****ty coach he's a shmuck

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n98460 said:
Honestly man, I really don't think it can. A 4-8 season and losing to an FCS team? Over 100 ranking in offense 4 years in a row? Two straight homecoming losses? Crap recruiting classes? Even these lower-tier guys could do better than that with the resources UF has. It really has been an astoundingly bad run here. NOBODY thought it could get as bad as it has.

Guys, I hate to keep banging this stupid drum, but we have a guy right now that is several tiers below guys like Schiano and Taggert. Either one of those stiffs would be going up several tiers. I'd much rather make a change to one of them than stay with what we've got.

Saying that, I think the Board of Trustees is aiming high this time anyway.

Yeah Ox, lets get Taggert to give you another five years of failure to biotch about. Reminds me of your favorite movie ~ Dumb and Dumber. If we are going to fire a failed coach, we better make sure we get someone who can get the job done rather than just an incremental half step forward and half step sideways. Firing a coach to satisfy your indignation is the height of narcissism.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell atleast taggart is cool. I mean he's got that going for him

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Might as well add 'being cool' to the criteria for finding a new coach. I think many posters on this board would be satisfied with one criteria ~ anybody but Muschamp. I wonder what the collective IQ on here is?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Don't feed the troll...he's hungry but don't do it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n98490 said:
Might as well add 'being cool' to the criteria for finding a new coach. I think many posters on this board would be satisfied with one criteria ~ anybody but Muschamp. I wonder what the collective IQ on here is?

C'mon man Willie T has a bad ass ring to it don't you think? I'm all in on taggart bro! He could do big things here

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n98483 said:
Yeah Ox, lets get Taggert to give you another five years of failure to biotch about. Reminds me of your favorite movie ~ Dumb and Dumber. If we are going to fire a failed coach, we better make sure we get someone who can get the job done rather than just an incremental half step forward and half step sideways. Firing a coach to satisfy your indignation is the height of narcissism.
Hey Bull, I'm not doing any of the hiring and firing. Aren't you one of the Foley nutswingers? I figured you have complete faith he'll hire a top-notch guy.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n98503 said:
Hey Bull, I'm not doing any of the hiring and firing. Aren't you one of the Foley nutswingers? I figured you have complete faith he'll hire a top-notch guy.

Based on Foley's track record for hiring head football coaches, a selection committee is absolutely necessary.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard that someone was fired at the UAA for speaking about Muschamp's future. Anyone hear this or find an article?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
alcoholica;n98520 said:
I heard that someone was fired at the UAA for speaking about Muschamp's future. Anyone hear this or find an article?

If that is true, that story and all the details should be coming out. We need Zack to spit the bit and get the story.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sources are running crazy these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.