Spring Practice (PT 2)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator Fever;n203087 said:
Another exciting spring practice video today.

Is it me, or did it appear both QBs took shotgun snaps and spun around before throwing. If that's what I saw, that doesn't seem natural or correct.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n204292 said:
Is it me, or did it appear both QBs took shotgun snaps and spun around before throwing. If that's what I saw, that doesn't seem natural or correct.

Maybe they are doing that to simulate a fake handoff or something when you don't have a RB there. Not sure

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n204312 said:
simulate a fake handoff or something when you don't have a RB there. Not sure
Don't let Law hear that or all we'll hear for the next 6 month's is that Muschimp left us with such poor numbers at RB we couldn't even practice real fake handoffs this spring....

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thanks, Fever. I didn't think of that but you are spot on.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n204292 said:

embarrassing 43 second waste of bandwidth and time. If that is indicative of the new regime, we are in trubble....whoever put that piece of crap out as a week 3 of spring practice summary should be fired immediately. And why do we not get ANY information on Friday's practice and Saturday's scrimmage on the day they occur? Crappy way to rebuild fan fever IMO.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, perhaps Coach Mac is counting on actually winning some games to build "fan fever".

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n204254 said:
weve had a number of players "kill" it at the TE position the last few seasons :facepalm:

Well they've killed the TE position anyway...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n204446 said:
Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, perhaps Coach Mac is counting on actually winning some games to build "fan fever".
:shocked:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
GatorJ;n203129 said:
Ronald Powell, Andre Debose, and Gary Brown were absolutely phenomenal in their All Star Games
True. That catch Powell made was phenomenal. Oh wait...I am not supposed to remember that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
GatorJ;n203195 said:
Debose had a streaking TD that was the offensive highlight of the All Star game. Powell killed it as a TE.
At last the truth comes out. The wheels of the gods grind exceedingly slow.
But they grind exceedingly fine.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n204312 said:
Maybe they are doing that to simulate a fake handoff or something when you don't have a RB there. Not sure

God, I hope it isn't a move to add to the TOP stat.:worried:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n204417 said:
embarrassing 43 second waste of bandwidth and time. If that is indicative of the new regime, we are in trubble....whoever put that piece of crap out as a week 3 of spring practice summary should be fired immediately. And why do we not get ANY information on Friday's practice and Saturday's scrimmage on the day they occur? Crappy way to rebuild fan fever IMO.

These videos are a joke. I would have rather had some videos of drills that lasted a while like the first year Muschamp was hired when he was keeping practices mostly closed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, from the looks of the video, Darius Masline and whomever wears #38 are going to be big parts of the offense, huh?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n204641 said:
Welp, guess we'll be lucky with a 4-8 season then.

Probably... and we can blame Chimp and Fooley for it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now wait.
#1) It isn't the team's readiness now that determines the season.
#2) These players are not going to be prepared & fueled by coaches fueled by Messedchomp but by Mac's crew.
#3) Some players will be "developed" experienced sidekicks to our inexperienced ones, to keep 'em on task.
#4) These Gator boys are gonna play inspired, rejoiceful CFB just to be shed of ole bloody-knuckles.
So we'll have a winning season, even with us upsetting some opponents -- remember what upsets were ?:chomp:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Pr...-work-36642006

Doesn't sound too great.

Grier Struggles Mightily
While quarterback Will Grier continues to get the first crack at first-team reps in both speed ball and pass skeleton work in the open periods, he had his worst day to date in the work open to the media.
Grier completed two short passes during speed ball work to Demarcus Robinson and was fine during a route tree drill on air, but he really struggled when the team began red zone pass skeleton work.
His first pass was picked off by Keanu Neal on a woefully underthrown seam to Jake McGee. Grier then threw a ball into the dirt on an out, overthrew two receivers in the end zone, was forced to pull the ball down with the secondary locking up his receivers three times, threw one away out of the back of the end zone and missed McGee again on an overthrow on a corner route in the end zone.
He finished the pass skeleton drill just 1-7 passing, with the lone completion on a short checkdown dumpoff to a running back with everyone covered.
Drops Crop Up Again
Drops were an issue again at times for the offense, particularly on the route tree drill against air. There were at least four, with Ahmad Fulwood dropping two extremely catchable balls on relatively simple routes (a corner and a skinny post).
Freshman receiver Kalif Jackson had a drop on air on one of his first looks, while Alvin Bailey also dropped a pass that hit him in the hands.
It wasn't the most crisp of efforts from the wideouts.
Secondary Extremely Staunch
If there was ever a dominant day for the secondary, this was it. By the middle of the pass skeleton drill, the defensive backs were openly taunting Grier, daring him to throw and chiding him for not doing it when he decided against it.
Neal nicely read Grier for the aforementioned pick.
The most impressive interception, though, belonged to walk-on D.L. Powell, who has recorded one in the last two practices open to the media. Powell hung on the hip of McGee on a post across the middle of the end zone, then wrestled the ball away from his grasp as the two went to the ground. Powell has been very impressive for a walk-on

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other News and Notes
-- Quarterbacks Skyler Mornhinweg and Treon Harris were both sharper than Grier in the work open to the media, though neither completed a throw with a high degree of difficulty. Still, Mornhinweg found walk-on Evan Schroeder on a wheel route for a touchdown with Marcus Maye getting over a little late. Harris had a nice completion on a slant to C.J. Worton.
-- Running back Kelvin Taylor got more work in speed ball today, taking two carries off left tackle. While Ahmad Fulwood got a decent block on the first on the perimeter, David Sharpe was beaten easily by Jordan Sherit on the second for an easy tackle for a loss.
-- A handful of new players started at receiver in speed ball 11-on-11 work, with Ahmad Fulwood working outside and Valdez Showers working in the slot. DeAndre Goolsby was the starting tight end. Showers lined up as an H-back on one of the running plays.
-- Right guard Travaris Dorsey, who seems to have moved ahead of Andrew Mike as the starting right guard, led the team in stretches on Monday.
-- Sherit was getting repetitions in front of Alex McCalister on the first-team at weak-side defensive end. GatorBait.net was unable to spot McCalister at the practice, though the open periods were brief.
-- Alex Anzalone and Daniel McMillian continue to start at middle and weak-side linebacker, respectively.
-- The starting secondary on Monday was Vernon Hargreaves III and J.C. Jackson at cornerback, Brian Poole at nickelback and Keanu Neal and Marcus Maye at safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.