Spring Practice (PT 2)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n204770 said:
The starting secondary on Monday was Vernon Hargreaves III and J.C. Jackson at cornerback

Is Tabor hurt, or did Jackson beat him out? :eek:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
From what I've read Jackson is going to beat him out. Everyone says J.C is a FREAK on the field!
It's a good problem have

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some practice news finally! Unfortunately seems like our 2 critical areas on offense , QB and Oline are going to make for a long, suffering season, and with all the drops, if in a real game the O line hangs in there, the QB manages to get the ball to the receiver, geez, half the time it will be dropped.

We'll need the D to get some pick sixes, score on special teams and hope the offense can get a few scoring drives, or at least not turn the ball over. (I'm having flashbacks..)

Mac gets a pass this year due to the mess dawgchamp left. But I do so want to see some improvement on offense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These reports definitely don't point to a quick turn around

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n204823 said:
Some practice news finally! Unfortunately seems like our 2 critical areas on offense , QB and Oline are going to make for a long, suffering season, and with all the drops, if in a real game the O line hangs in there, the QB manages to get the ball to the receiver, geez, half the time it will be dropped.

We'll need the D to get some pick sixes, score on special teams and hope the offense can get a few scoring drives, or at least not turn the ball over. (I'm having flashbacks..)

Mac gets a pass this year due to the mess dawgchamp left. But I do so want to see some improvement on offense.

Yep sounds like the only way to have a real good record this seasons is to get lucky and win a lot of close defensive games like we did in 2012 unless this improves quite a bit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sounding real promising at this point. We are 3 weeks into practice and while I expected the defense to be a good stretch ahead of the offense it sounds like we may not have the hidden talent so many of us were hoping for. Guys who should be pulling ahead at their respective positions, Fulwood, Taylor and Sharpe, are struggling while it seems walkons are the only ones we are hearing positive reports on. I'm surprised the anointed one, Grier, seems to be doing worse than Guy and Skyler....Looks to me that it's a good thing Harris is still here because with the oline being what it is I'm expecting we'll need his legs more often than not :headslap:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hate to say it but I wouldn't be shocked if Mac plays a sh!t ton of the freshmen this fall to build for 2016 and on. Something about 3rd and 4th year players struggling against walk ons the 3rd week into spring tells me this might not be a happy place next fall...:worried:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Mac will play whomever gives the team the best chance to succeed/win. He needs some momentum and reps for the starters.

Building for tomorrow will only come during games that are blow-outs or against expected weaker teams.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Okay so I guess there are two ways to look at this. One our QBs and WRs SUCK!:couch: However, since we cannot see video of these poor passes, drops, and other things, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and say the reason they are struggling is becuase or DBs are BaddASS!!! I know I am a homer but I refuse to go to meetings for it.:captain:

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
So If I were to be given an update without having to read the thread, what would it be #TeamLazy

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n204978 said:
Okay so I guess there are two ways to look at this. One our QBs and WRs SUCK!:couch: However, since we cannot see video of these poor passes, drops, and other things, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and say the reason they are struggling is becuase or DBs are BaddASS!!! I know I am a homer but I refuse to go to meetings for it.:captain:
Without a doubt we probably have one of the best group of DB's in the nation, so going against them has to help our struggling offense because it pushed them to give 200% ( yea i know it doesn't exist) but maybe from these reps, when we go against lesser talent they get open easier, the QB's see it and hit the open man, oh of course, he hangs on to it, hell, even runs in for a touchdown.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
CaribGator;n204994 said:
Without a doubt we probably have one of the best group of DB's in the nation, so going against them has to help our struggling offense because it pushed them to give 200% ( yea i know it doesn't exist) but maybe from these reps, when we go against lesser talent they get open easier, the QB's see it and hit the open man, oh of course, he hangs on to it, hell, even runs in for a touchdown.

I hope this is the case. I don't think there is a DB unit out there that can compete with these guys, and I hope that they do push these WRs and QBs to become better. If not be prepared for a long season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n204994 said:

2 ways of looking at that I guess. Like you said above or that it doesn't give the offense as much of a chance to build up a good rhythm in practice sessions to really get things going. It probably evens out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n204994 said:
Without a doubt we probably have one of the best group of DB's in the nation.
We have the best group of CBs. I will need to see more before Im convinced out safeties dont still suck. One of the pieces yesterday mentioned Maye getting toasted by a walkon receiver. And Maye is the better of our cover safeties.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n204992 said:
So If I were to be given an update without having to read the thread, what would it be #TeamLazy

we lost another OL in practice. we are down to 6 schollie OL. the wr's can't catch. the qb's can't throw. we suck. the season is doomed.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n205099 said:
we lost another OL in practice. we are down to 6 schollie OL. the wr's can't catch. the qb's can't throw. we suck. the season is doomed.

The part that gives me the most grief is the part about receivers dropping balls. Everything else is/was beyond the new coaching staffs control. I am somewhat ok with offensive linemen getting beat, even suspect QB play because there really isn't a lot of experience there.....but dropping the f#cking ball is starting to piss me off. That's not on coaching either, that's players losing concentration......repeatedly...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Law98gator;n205086 said:
We have the best group of CBs. I will need to see more before Im convinced out safeties dont still suck. One of the pieces yesterday mentioned Maye getting toasted by a walkon receiver. And Maye is the better of our cover safeties.
Thought Dawson was our best cover safety.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I meant between Maye and Neal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics