Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Provided our OL plays equivalent to last year or better, he'll have a better year
Based on what? QB's often regress, especially after defenses have a year of film on them.

Even Dan Marino regressed from his junior to senior year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what? QB's often regress, especially after defenses have a year of film on them.

Based on it will be his 2nd season in the offense and he didn't even show progress until the end of the season. I'm not saying he'll have the same level of improvement, but we saw him putting touch on the ball at the end of the season and reports that this is a point of emphasis. I think he'll improve. How much or how little is unknown.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Based on it will be his 2nd season in the offense and he didn't even show progress until the end of the season. I'm not saying he'll have the same level of improvement, but we saw him putting touch on the ball at the end of the season and reports that this is a point of emphasis. I think he'll improve. How much or how little is unknown.
You've regressed as a poster.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not holding my breath on Franks. He's yet to show he can make the intermediate throw with any kind of consistency.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You heard it here first. IF FF stays healthy and the O line is adequate he will have a damned good year.............

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
If anybody has more time than me to look up and post Will Miles' newest Read and Reaction article, it's worth reading. It's about whether Franks can make the leap from slightly above average to elite. Miles shows the stats and compares those to Fromm and Tua.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You've regressed as a poster.
One day you may hit a point in life where regression is a possibility. We're rooting for you Jimmy. And by "rooting" I mean we could care less.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One day you may hit a point in life where regression is a possibility. We're rooting for you Jimmy. And by "rooting" I mean we could care less.
It's we "couldn't" care less. This is what I mean by you regressing. The old alky never would have made that common yet maddening mistake.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If anybody has more time than me to look up and post Will Miles' newest Read and Reaction article, it's worth reading. It's about whether Franks can make the leap from slightly above average to elite. Miles shows the stats and compares those to Fromm and Tua.

I just read it, very interesting article. The guy really does his homework. Personally, I'm trying to stay positive about Franks' ability to progress even further under DM's guidance. Remembering who FF started his career with at HC and OC, it's no wonder he stunk - not an excuse, but certainly a factor in his miserable start. As others have already said, if FF continues to improve and the OL gels by mid-season, we could make some pretty serious waves next year. I don't see us knocking of the dwags without some help, but with KS on the sideline anything is possible.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just read it, very interesting article. The guy really does his homework. Personally, I'm trying to stay positive about Franks' ability to progress even further under DM's guidance. Remembering who FF started his career with at HC and OC, it's no wonder he stunk - not an excuse, but certainly a factor in his miserable start. As others have already said, if FF continues to improve and the OL gels by mid-season, we could make some pretty serious waves next year. I don't see us knocking of the dwags without some help, but with KS on the sideline anything is possible.

. I don't see us knocking of the dwags without some help, but with KS on the sideline anything is possible.

Please fix last sentence

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever slightly better QB template FF fills out, it is Mullen's $ job to mold around him the components that make him work winningly with this team, his team, Mullen's creation. FF growth towards greatness will be a welcomed surprise.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever slightly better QB template FF fills out, it is Mullen's $ job to mold around him the components that make him work winningly with this team, his team, Mullen's creation. FF growth towards greatness will be a welcomed surprise.

Mullen is a miracle worker, not God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.