Stadium food

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
you need to show up every week, support that team like crazy no matter how bad the product is, and buy and eat extremely overpriced and awful tasting concessions, no matter how much you dislike them.

at least that's what the UAA, the coaches, and the media will tell you.

#fairweatherfan

I believe that is the first line of the Fooley Handbook for when the interns are calling us poor schlubs asking for more money.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Try the new "Cubans". Not Miami quality but maybe the best thing going at the SWAMP. Get them on the ground floor coming into the stadium on the West side.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The concession stand up by us sells barely edible food, it's awful. I eat as much as I can before going to the game to avoid having to eat anything in the stadium. I will say I got a Cuban from the Mi Apa stand at halftime of the SCar game and it was great. I walked all the way down from nearly the top of section 55 to the bottom level just to avoid getting food at our concession stand. :lol:

Love Mi Apa!!! Always have to stop there when visiting Mom coming to a game. She's flying up tomorrow and wish she could get a cuban and black beans through security.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most I get at any game is the biggest Coke available to empty my Ziploc of Jack, Beam, etc. into......
Not possible at the Swamp anymore since they signed on with Pepsi. Some may like it and I suppose that Pepsi ponied up a big price, but coming from a Coca Cola town it is sacrilege. "Hey, can I fix you a Jack and Pepsi?" just doesn't sound right.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
There are other SEC stadiums with higher end catering companies running pretty good food service...as well as local booths. Just must not be a priority for folks to put the time in to make good sauce:)

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Gate One, Mi Apa Cubans. Good size and $6, which is around what they sell them for at the restaurant. They could be pressed a little more, but still been my go to for the noon kickoffs.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
you need to show up every week, support that team like crazy no matter how bad the product is, and buy and eat extremely overpriced and awful tasting concessions, no matter how much you dislike them.

at least that's what the UAA, the coaches, and the media will tell you.

#fairweatherfan
:alone:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The food experiences here point to it being consistently bad. I sat one time in the Bull Gator box and it wasn't very good there, either. Go figure.

When I go to a Rays game here, I can choose between Outback, RumFish Grill and a number of lesser known vendors who dish up a variety of solid choices. The food is good.

When I go to a Gator game, I eat before I go in.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I used to frequent the Newberry’s BBQ stand in the North Endzone. Good BBQ pork sandwiches and crinkle cut fries.

It was free standing, not built in.

Damn thing disappeared.

Alex.

The restaurant closed.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
I like good food but have eaten bad food at times (some would say often). The SC game I bought some caramel corn in the south endzone. It was inedible. I gave it back. They said try the big bag of kettle corn. So I took it but it sucked, too. Still kept it. This week I go to buy my drunk on his ass friend something to sober him up. Philly steak and cheese. Its in the 2nd level sw corner. They have sausage and also quesadilla . I tried the queso early in the year and it was terrible. Im watching them put the meat on and it looks like VERY bad canned beef. Then spoon the peppers and onions from what looks like water. IT looks like sht. So I put a bunch of mustard on it for my friend. He woofs it down. I said "If it tastes as bad as it looks I apologoize ". Sobering up some now he nods "yeah , it sucked" He now wants some popcorn and I try to warn him but a nice lady in front of us turns around and gives him us an almost full bag of popcorn. I thank her and he starts in on it. I try it and it is horrible. Finally, my buddy reminds me the chemo on his neck a few years ago destroyed most of taste buds. He cant really taste it. Lucky him. All that said, UF needs to do something about all this shttty garbage they pass offas stadium food. I Know some decent food vendors come in and sell and my advice is BUY from them or eat before you show up. I do like the huge water tank they have up there with verry good cold water you can get. nuff said.

The problem is that they should stick to fixing hot dogs with various toppings, popping popcorn, and bagged up roasted peanuts. Worked for many decades.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe I’m in the minority here, and no offense to the fine folks that have contributed thus far...but who eats food at a college football game? My whole life, I can’t think of one occasion where I planned to eat a meal actually in the stadium. It’s three, maybe four, hours. You plan things around game time, and if you do get a little hungry, you power through and map out something postgame. Coke(now Pepsi, thanks Foley), frozen lemonade, water or Gatorade are really all you should ever have to buy.

I’m equally puzzled by the guys loading up the stalls in BHG. You really can’t map out your life better than to be sitting in a disgusting stall, missing live plays while watching a strange current of liquids travel beneath your feet?

Having said that, I agree on the little food I’ve ever been given to try. The roasted pork nachos are criminal. Had a bite an immediately wanted to vomit.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I’m in the minority here, and no offense to the fine folks that have contributed this far...but who eats food at a college football game? My whole life, I can’t think of one occasion where I planned to eat a meal actually in the stadium. It’s three, maybe four, hours. You plan things around game time, and if you do get a little hungry, you power through and map out something postgame. Coke(now Pepsi, thanks Foley), frozen lemonade, water or Gatorade are really all you should ever have to buy.

I’m equally puzzled by the guys loading up the stalls in BHG. You really can’t map out your life better than to be sitting in a disgusting stall, missing live plays while watching a strange current of liquids travel beneath your feet?

Having said that, I agree on the little food I’ve ever been given to try. The roasted pork nachos are criminal. Had a bite an immediately wanted to vomit.
:snob:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe I’m in the minority here, and no offense to the fine folks that have contributed this far...but who eats food at a college football game?
I can tell you who. All the big fatasses that really need to eat less walking up the steps in front of me with enough food to choke a goat. Im looking at some of these people thinking "you really want to eat all that when you can barely walk up these steps," and besides the food tastes like a bad dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator