Stadium food

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I took my skinny ass 15 year old son to the Mizzou game recently. About an hour before the game we stuffed ourselves at Piesanos thinking we'd be good till we got to Starke on our way back home to Orange Park. He gets hungry again before halftime and gets a Domino's Pizza at the concession stand and tells me it was worse than his school's pizza and he loves Domino's. I can't remember someone getting upset over wasting $8 on 4 small slices of pizza.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I took my skinny ass 15 year old son to the Mizzou game recently. About an hour before the game we stuffed ourselves at Piesanos thinking we'd be good till we got to Starke on our way back home to Orange Park. He gets hungry again before halftime and gets a Domino's Pizza at the concession stand and tells me it was worse than his school's pizza and he loves Domino's. I can't remember someone getting upset over wasting $8 on 4 small slices of pizza.
You lost me at “he loves dominos”

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I took my skinny ass 15 year old son to the Mizzou game recently. About an hour before the game we stuffed ourselves at Piesanos thinking we'd be good till we got to Starke
My skinny ass 14 yr old (and his 11 yr old sister) LOVE Piesanos. Starke just closed the Steak House if you ever hit that place.
You lost me at “he loves dominos”
He is 15. At 15 pizza was like crack if it was half assed any good. Now I will admit Dominoes sucks but at 15 it would have been like oxycontin to me.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is a difference between a good stadium hot dog (which can be a wonderful thing) and a school lunch-style hot dog which is a terrible thing. We get the school lunch version.

I've gotten great hot dogs from a Nathan's or Sabrett's push cart. I don't understand why we can't duplicate that in the stadium.

Burgers are a lot harder, grilled chicken harder still so I rarely expect those to be good at a stadium.

However, we should be able to put out great hot dogs, tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, cheesesteaks, etc. That stuff is easy.

There's no excuse for bad popcorn.

Some ethnic food would be easy to do well in a stadium setting. You could easily do a great gumbo over rice, mild chicken tikka masala over rice, or Puerto Rican roast pork or stewed chicken over rice (pernil/pollo guisado y arroz con gandules). Jamaican beef patties would be easy (all mild with a packet of hot sauce on the side). I went to a Dolphins game and there was an outstanding arepa stand--hot, fresh, cheese melted.

As hot as it is at games, I would prefer some good cold sandwiches--chicken salad and pimento cheese would be easy to do well in a stadium setting.

And to echo what somebody else said, even the food in the President's box, the Gator dens, and the club levels is bad cafeteria food.

It's not about being a food snob. It's an easy way to make the gameday experience much better. People pay lots of money to go to a game. It's easy to give them a great hot dog. It's easy to give the high-dollar boosters a decent bite of food.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There is a difference between a good stadium hot dog (which can be a wonderful thing) and a school lunch-style hot dog which is a terrible thing. We get the school lunch version.

I've gotten great hot dogs from a Nathan's or Sabrett's push cart. I don't understand why we can't duplicate that in the stadium.

Burgers are a lot harder, grilled chicken harder still so I rarely expect those to be good at a stadium.

However, we should be able to put out great hot dogs, tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, cheesesteaks, etc. That stuff is easy.

There's no excuse for bad popcorn.

Some ethnic food would be easy to do well in a stadium setting. You could easily do a great gumbo over rice, mild chicken tikka masala over rice, or Puerto Rican roast pork or stewed chicken over rice (pernil/pollo guisado y arroz con gandules). Jamaican beef patties would be easy (all mild with a packet of hot sauce on the side). I went to a Dolphins game and there was an outstanding arepa stand--hot, fresh, cheese melted.

As hot as it is at games, I would prefer some good cold sandwiches--chicken salad and pimento cheese would be easy to do well in a stadium setting.

And to echo what somebody else said, even the food in the President's box, the Gator dens, and the club levels is bad cafeteria food.

It's not about being a food snob. It's an easy way to make the gameday experience much better. People pay lots of money to go to a game. It's easy to give them a great hot dog. It's easy to give the high-dollar boosters a decent bite of food.

Alex.
It's more than that. There is a ton of money to be had by having good food that people want to pay for. When food is good, word gets around and more people buy it. Having bad food that people buy once and never again (while telling anyone that will listen that it's awful) is simply horrible business. Spend a few extra bucks to produce a good product.

You have to take full advantage of having crowds of people that gather together. It sounds like there are some really stupid food vendors out there flushing potential income down the john. You don't see this problem at NFL stadiums - they take advantage of every last cent.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I’m in the minority here, and no offense to the fine folks that have contributed thus far...but who eats food at a college football game? My whole life, I can’t think of one occasion where I planned to eat a meal actually in the stadium. It’s three, maybe four, hours. You plan things around game time, and if you do get a little hungry, you power through and map out something postgame. Coke(now Pepsi, thanks Foley), frozen lemonade, water or Gatorade are really all you should ever have to buy.

I’m equally puzzled by the guys loading up the stalls in BHG. You really can’t map out your life better than to be sitting in a disgusting stall, missing live plays while watching a strange current of liquids travel beneath your feet?

Having said that, I agree on the little food I’ve ever been given to try. The roasted pork nachos are criminal. Had a bite an immediately wanted to vomit.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna hold off on taking a crap in the stadium unless it's forced upon me by bad stadium food.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm probably gonna hold off on taking a crap in the stadium unless it's forced upon me by bad stadium food.
I only crap in a public restroom if it's pretty much an emergency. I can't even imagine doing so in a filthy stadium bathroom with dozens of people milling around the room. Gross.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I only crap in a public restroom if it's pretty much an emergency. I can't even imagine doing so in a filthy stadium bathroom with dozens of people milling around the room. Gross.
Not to mention the slop on the toilet seat from guys taking any opportunity available to relieve themselves from the 12-pack consumed before the game.

This really increases your empathy for women.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I used to frequent the Newberry’s BBQ stand in the North Endzone. Good BBQ pork sandwiches and crinkle cut fries.

It was free standing, not built in.

Damn thing disappeared.

Alex.

The actual restaurant was closed down to health code violations. Consider yourself lucky to be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator