Stadium food

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You are correct! Born and raised and still here. Having one of Dr. Pemberton's concoctions as I type!

I grew up next door in Leon county.
Did you get/buy any of that Coke stock back in the day?
And are/were you buddies with Billy Dean?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I’m in the minority here, and no offense to the fine folks that have contributed thus far...but who eats food at a college football game? My whole life, I can’t think of one occasion where I planned to eat a meal actually in the stadium. It’s three, maybe four, hours. You plan things around game time, and if you do get a little hungry, you power through and map out something postgame. Coke(now Pepsi, thanks Foley), frozen lemonade, water or Gatorade are really all you should ever have to buy.

I’m equally puzzled by the guys loading up the stalls in BHG. You really can’t map out your life better than to be sitting in a disgusting stall, missing live plays while watching a strange current of liquids travel beneath your feet?

Having said that, I agree on the little food I’ve ever been given to try. The roasted pork nachos are criminal. Had a bite an immediately wanted to vomit.

I couldn't possibly agree more. I can't recall ever eating anything at a football game.
With a plethora of restaurants near the stadium it makes absolutely no sense. Then again
I don't eat snacks watching the game at home either, so what the hell do I know.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the recruits don't see this thread. You people really need to be true Gators. We don't this negativity on here.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
After many multiple beers tailgating, the Newberry BBQ sliced beef sandwich hit the spot at halftime.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I couldn't possibly agree more. I can't recall ever eating anything at a football game.
With a plethora of restaurants near the stadium it makes absolutely no sense. Then again
I don't eat snacks watching the game at home either, so what the hell do I know.

That’s really me as well. As I said, in retrospect I guess I’m the odd one, because they have to sell food for a reason. I’m just usually so nervous and filled with particular beverages known to calm said nerves, that I can’t even think of food during game time. Now that I think about it, even at parties for away games, I’ve either eaten before or opt to eat afterwards. Drinking, yes. Eating, no.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve never eaten anything other than peanuts at a Gator game. Eat before you go and after you leave. Use bourbon to tide you over in between.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up next door in Leon county.
Did you get/buy any of that Coke stock back in the day?
And are/were you buddies with Billy Dean?
My family was pretty hard scrabble, so we weren't in on the Coke stock. I did buy some when I got older and had the means. I guess that was my way of trying to measure up! Billy was a couple of years younger than me, but we all played ball together and partied quite a bit. His real name was Harold; Billy was his dad's name that he took on the way to Nashville. He was a pretty good basketball player and had an offer to play JUCO ball in Mississippi, but the yearn to write and play music was his calling. We used to have a talent show at school every year around Halloween and Harold would play and sing. It was all country and most of the kids were into the rock scene and either laughed or dismissed his talent. He'd just smile and tell everybody he was gonna make it in Nashville one day and damn if he didn't! His dad played in a band that were the regulars at the old Amercan Legion dance every Saturday night. Called it the "Rat Races!" I lived about a block away growing up and could hear the music. That's part of where Harold got his start. I saw him a couple of years back and he mostly writes now, but still performs some I think. Branson and a few other places. He's still an entertainer.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
My family was pretty hard scrabble, so we weren't in on the Coke stock. I did buy some when I got older and had the means. I guess that was my way of trying to measure up! Billy was a couple of years younger than me, but we all played ball together and partied quite a bit. His real name was Harold; Billy was his dad's name that he took on the way to Nashville. He was a pretty good basketball player and had an offer to play JUCO ball in Mississippi, but the yearn to write and play music was his calling. We used to have a talent show at school every year around Halloween and Harold would play and sing. It was all country and most of the kids were into the rock scene and either laughed or dismissed his talent. He'd just smile and tell everybody he was gonna make it in Nashville one day and damn if he didn't! His dad played in a band that were the regulars at the old Amercan Legion dance every Saturday night. Called it the "Rat Races!" I lived about a block away growing up and could hear the music. That's part of where Harold got his start. I saw him a couple of years back and he mostly writes now, but still performs some I think. Branson and a few other places. He's still an entertainer.

Good stuff C2.
When I worked for a country radio station in Tally, one of our clients was Rocky’s Lounge in the Tallahassee Mall parking lot area.
One story smoke filled country bar.
Billy (Harold) was friends with the band (Southern Satisfaction) and he would sit in occasionally.
You could tell he had the chops to go on to the next level.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good stuff C2.
When I worked for a country radio station in Tally, one of our clients was Rocky’s Lounge in the Tallahassee Mall parking lot area.
One story smoke filled country bar.
Billy (Harold) was friends with the band (Southern Satisfaction) and he would sit in occasionally.
You could tell he had the chops to go on to the next level.
Thanks Diddy. Spent a little time at Rocky's myself and remember Southern Satisfaction. Seems like Rocky's was maybe Machine Gun Kelly's prior to. Rocky's was a fun place and you could see patrons from the cradle to the grave as I recall. Sometimes there'd be whole families dancing and drinking. Definitely smoke filled. It was a lot tamer than Sid's south of town, however. Hadn't thought about this in a long while. Thanks for the memory jog!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator