Stadium food

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Had the Domino's personal pizza a few years back and my wife says that it tastes like the school pizza from back in elementary.

Now, I just buy fountain drinks just so I can get the commemorative cups. My house are full of them. Those and them damn posters that they give out at every game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For as long as I can remember the food has been inedible at that stadium for a zillion years, which is why I have not eaten anything there in years. Goes with the entire place. it is a dump and needs to be torn down.
Just want to be clear here - you want the Swamp to be torn down?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Won't happen. Too many tens of millions literally poured on top of the decrepit old frame.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Won't happen. Too many tens of millions literally poured on top of the decrepit old frame.
Heard on Jax radio that they are planning on reducing seating capacity. Is that true?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Just want to be clear here - you want the Swamp to be torn down?
Good question. A modern expandable facility, seating about 75K with all the bells and whistles, might not be a bad idea. If I ever win one of the billion dollar lotteries that seem to be the new norm, I'll gladly foot the bill! And you're all invited to the Grand Opening wing-ding! Assuming, of course, that a billion will get it done. Might need two billion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on Jax radio that they are planning on reducing seating capacity. Is that true?
Via replacing bleachers with regular seating IIRC. I believe that was posted here a few months ago.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good question. A modern expandable facility, seating about 75K with all the bells and whistles, might not be a bad idea. If I ever win one of the billion dollar lotteries that seem to be the new norm, I'll gladly foot the bill! And you're all invited to the Grand Opening wing-ding! Assuming, of course, that a billion will get it done. Might need two billion.
These days, a billion would likely not get it done.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These regents could slap a 2-cent Gator sales tax on everything north of Orlando and east of Tallahassee. That'll pay for it.

In 50 years.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got a funny story for you guys: It was 2010 and I was a Freshman at UF. Anyway, it was the week before the UF-USF game in the Swamp when my dad told me and my girlfriend he was going to drive down and stay with us while he went to see some clients (he's a financial adviser) of his in Orlando. He also said he would go to the game with us as well. So, Friday comes and my dad arrives in Gainesville about 5PM, drops his stuff off, and then heads down to Orlando to meet one of his clients. He arrives back at our place around 3AM and tells us that his client served him "many" scotches during their "meeting". Needless to say he's hammered and goes to sleep. He wakes up the next morning with one of the worst hangovers in his life but for some reason still decides to go to the game with us for some reason. Now let me say, that is still the hottest Gator game I've been to before or after, so my dad was near the brink of puking his guts out and the heat didn't help. During halftime, I went to the concession to get him some nachos to maybe help him feel better, they were so bad that he took off running into the bathroom to throw up mercilessly. We found him four hours later in the car half conscious

Sooooooooo, that's funny? :facepalm:

You didn't even go looking for him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For as long as I can remember the food has been inedible at that stadium for a zillion years, which is why I have not eaten anything there in years. Goes with the entire place. it is a dump and needs to be torn down..
Well, we are building a 50 million baseball stadium with plenty of amenities for all 50 fans.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I bought a big pretzel there, figuring that was safe. But they managed to screw even that up. It was chewy, partially cold and not done.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I used to frequent the Newberry’s BBQ stand in the North Endzone. Good BBQ pork sandwiches and crinkle cut fries.

It was free standing, not built in.

Damn thing disappeared.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
you need to show up every week, support that team like crazy no matter how bad the product is, and buy and eat extremely overpriced and awful tasting concessions, no matter how much you dislike them.

at least that's what the UAA, the coaches, and the media will tell you.

#fairweatherfan

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I used to frequent the Newberry’s BBQ stand in the North Endzone. Good BBQ pork sandwiches and crinkle cut fries.

It was free standing, not built in.

Damn thing disappeared.

Alex.

We probably passed by each other numerous time. Those sliced beef sandwiches were the best meal in the stadium. Everything else sucks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
you need to show up every week, support that team like crazy no matter how bad the product is, and buy and eat extremely overpriced and awful tasting concessions, no matter how much you dislike them.

at least that's what the UAA, the coaches, and the media will tell you.
.....and a number of posters on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator