Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You’re taking it better than this dude

Idk, maybe don’t bet against a team with one of the top QBs in the league who is known to pull rabbits out of his hat every 10 minutes? Especially if you’re betting money you can’t afford to lose…

Also, it that his tv? Or did he just wreck someone else’s?

This is an example of the 7 year old that Durty described in the AITA thread, after he “grows up.”

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Idk, maybe don’t bet against a team with one of the top QBs in the league who is known to pull rabbits out of his hat every 10 minutes? Especially if you’re betting money you can’t afford to lose…

Also, it that his tv? Or did he just wreck someone else’s?

This is an example of the 7 year old that Durty described in the AITA thread, after he “grows up.”
It's likely staged for clicks/views. I'm not sure the TV was even attached to the wall.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I find it interesting that virtually every media outlet has described the performance as “Epic”.
I went to my laptop during halftime because to me there is nothing special about lip synching a bunch of remixed garbage....from what I could hear coming from my TV it sounded like sh!t....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Someone help me out… what’s the mascot name for the football team in Kansas City?
I can see the Eagles are mentioned
:grin:

:stirpot:

Once their efforts to rename the Redskins and the Indians succeeded, it was just a question of time before the Chiefs would be in the cross hairs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We can debate the merit of the rules, but by current definition Smith made the catch and the second play you mention was incomplete. One was called correctly, the other was not.
The play at the end of the 1st half was a catch all day long. Ball was secured against his helmet, both feet in bounds...a terrible call that was most likely changed by the NFL to try and keep the game more competitive.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Once their efforts to rename the Redskins and the Indians succeeded, it was just a question of time before the Chiefs would be in the cross hairs.

I'm ok with the name, but for God's sake, can we eliminate the damn chop?
The Braves and the clowns included.
This is a cause that would be supported by most everyone in the US.

Let's be the change we want to see in the world!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My amygdala gets stimulated in the wrong way whenever I hear the chop. Even women and babies aren't safe around me.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'm ok with the name, but for God's sake, can we eliminate the damn chop?
The Braves and the clowns included.
This is a cause that would be supported by most everyone in the US.

Let's be the change we want to see in the world!
Right!?! If we had to retire the Gator Chomp... why do these racist schools/teams get to keep their Tomahawk Chop?

BTW: That was an awesome game. But Refs should NEVER decide the outcome of the SuperBowl with a ticky-tack call.

Pathetic end of game experience. Ruined an otherwise entertaining Bowl.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right!?! If we had to retire the Gator Chomp... why do these racist schools/teams get to keep their Tomahawk Chop?

BTW: That was an awesome game. But Refs should NEVER decide the outcome of the SuperBowl with a ticky-tack call.

Pathetic end of game experience. Ruined an otherwise entertaining Bowl.
When did we retire the Gator Chomp?

They nixed the Gator Bait bit (which is bullschit too) but we still do the chomp

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I intentionally skipped the halftime show because it typically sucks and the consensus here seems to be that Rihanna was in fact awful.
I find it interesting that virtually every media outlet has described the performance as “Epic”.

I wonder if the media folks feel obligated to gush over certain people these days…….. nah, must be my imagination.
Halftime show sucked big Time!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I watched zero pre-game, halftime or postgame. It was a helluva game and I didn’t have to suffer through any of the BS.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great game up until the ref bailed out mahomes when he failed to get it done. If you call that a hold then every play in every game in history is gonna require a flag. Absolutely ruined a great game.
It was a dreadful call . Almost as egregious as the PI flag getting thrown against Miami after Coker getting the Gatorade bath . The ref that threw the flag deserves a kick to the nuts .

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to my laptop during halftime because to me there is nothing special about lip synching a bunch of remixed garbage....from what I could hear coming from my TV it sounded like sh!t....

Agreed

Apparently neither of us works in the media because we would have been advised to use words like epic and incredible to describe a mediocre performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator