Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You should've written "Trigger Warning" first in consideration of @soflagator's Parrotphobic sensitivities.

I am speculating that his downward spiral began with 'Cheeseburger in Paradise'.
God knows I got so sick of hearing that song, and I'm a fan. Albeit, not a Parrothead per se.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I am speculating that his downward spiral began with 'Cheeseburger in Paradise'.
God knows I got so sick of hearing that song, and I'm a fan. Albeit, not a Parrothead per se.
I worked as an oyster shucker during my sophomore year and expected I'd eventually get sick and tired of raw oysters and of Jimmy Buffett, whose "Songs You Know by Heart" greatest hits CD got worn out on the juke box. Never happened, though. Turned out that for me there is no such thing as too much of either of those.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
...speaking of which, "Long Lost Tees" has added CJ's and Balls to their Gainesville collection, to go with the Purple Porpoise, Dub's, Skeeter's and Joe's Deli. I got 'em all except Dub's. Don't want to be a poser, I never really hung out there at all.

calico-jacks-318500_360x.jpg

balls-bar-697773_360x.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
id love to think we beat jawja again but i highly doubt it. stars aligned for us last year to win.

heisman caliber qb on our side while jawja had an absolute disaster of a qb situation on theirs and a bit of a reload on defense going on.

this year its brand new qb's on both sides so likely a push, but what isnt a push is the talent/depth differences and lets be real, we all know dwags will have another high level defense this year while ours will continue to suck hard enough to make hunter biden jealous.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
The "Boston Blackie" kind
A two toned Ricky Ricardo jacket
And an autographed picture of Andy Devine

Sounds like something you'd see written on the wall of a truck stop bathroom, right next to the condom machine.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
...speaking of which, "Long Lost Tees" has added CJ's and Balls to their Gainesville collection, to go with the Purple Porpoise, Dub's, Skeeter's and Joe's Deli. I got 'em all except Dub's. Don't want to be a poser, I never really hung out there at all.

calico-jacks-318500_360x.jpg

balls-bar-697773_360x.jpg

Sorry GGG, but I must take issue with the CJ's shirt. If it ain't Archer Road and 34th Street in the Winn Dixie Plaza, it ain't CJ's :thug:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
While I never tired of the music, it just is the perfect chill music some day, I did get tired of his overpriced schilling of everything.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Sorry GGG, but I must take issue with the CJ's shirt. If it ain't Archer Road and 34th Street in the Winn Dixie Plaza, it ain't CJ's :thug:
I would agree with you that for purposes of it being a classic throwback T, they should've used the original address. But CJ's was open for eight years in that location vs. about 22 in the Second on Second. It didn't have the divey vibe of the original but it was a fine place in its own right. Better for game watching and a much better kitchen. It was a good spot for a time, until it went downhill as nearly all good places eventually do.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I would agree with you that for purposes of it being a classic throwback T, they should've used the original address. But CJ's was open for eight years in that location vs. about 22 in the Second on Second. The second didn't have the divey vibe of the original but it was a fine place in its own right. Better for game watching and a much better kitchen. It was a good spot for a time, until it went downhill as nearly all good places eventually do.

And I was there a few weeks ago and that location is empty. CJ's was a dive and that was the beauty of the small place on Archer. with people dunking paper towel balls into pitchers of beer and throwing them around. The bigger place made it seem like a restaurant. I will forever know the location on 2nd Ave. as Peppi's

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
BTW, to keep the thread on its rails, I see UT and OU accepted their invites into the SEC. I am shocked. I thought they would respectfully decline!!!!!

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
And I was there a few weeks ago and that location is empty. CJ's was a dive and that was the beauty of the small place on Archer. with people dunking paper towel balls into pitchers of beer and throwing them around. The bigger place made it seem like a restaurant.
It was a restaurant, with a raw oyster bar. The only one in Gainesville. That was the draw of it for me so I didn't get nostalgic about people throwing around wet paper towel wads that would stick to the ceiling then fall down at inopportune moments. Or opportune moments depending on your point of view I guess. I do not care for childish horseplay, SIR! :shakehead:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It is to make sure we play everyone more often.

And to make another level of playoff $$$$. You dont want Div #1 and #2 to play. You want the "Pod Champions".

I cant wait to see our Pod Runner Up trophies.

Well you might have to go to the campus trophy cases in Columbia or Lexington to see it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your confirmation bias overly discounts Kirby’s ineptitude and capacity to mishandle talent.
Kirby is touched with stupid but he has never had any trouble with Mullinz. You are what your record says you are.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.