The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
And I wear slim taper thank you very much. If you're still sporting jnco wide pants at the ankle in 2017 you need to understand the majority of the population on planet earth is laughing at you

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did you jerk off on your hand me down couch to macelwain at CSU too? I'm reserved now. What's elite about him? Literally nothing screams elite. One good season does not make him the next great coach. I want someone who is excellent, with few peers, at SOMETHING. Frost is one of the best o minds in the game and so is kelly. Norvell is also innovative and great at O. Campbell can sure craft a post game speech. Jesus Christ roll out the red carpet. We need another talker. The big 12 is piss pure garbage. If he did this multiple years I'd be ok. But we don't have another season to wait it out. It's either the absolute best hire now or we are ****ed for another 3-4 years.
:orly:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And I wear slim taper thank you very much. If you're still sporting jnco wide pants at the ankle in 2017 you need to understand the majority of the population on planet earth is laughing at you
e94eo.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Did you jerk off on your hand me down couch to macelwain at CSU too? I'm reserved now. What's elite about him? Literally nothing screams elite. One good season does not make him the next great coach. I want someone who is excellent, with few peers, at SOMETHING. Frost is one of the best o minds in the game and so is kelly. Norvell is also innovative and great at O. Campbell can sure craft a post game speech. Jesus Christ roll out the red carpet. We need another talker. The big 12 is piss pure garbage. If he did this multiple years I'd be ok. But we don't have another season to wait it out. It's either the absolute best hire now or we are ****ed for another 3-4 years.

You just described Frost. Except the one good season part. One half a good season?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You just described Frost. Except the one good season part. One half a good season?
Winning by the skin of your teeth and winning insanely convincingly aren't really the same. If there was more of a sample size of his offense being explosive I would be ok but there isn't. I'm sure he's great but I think there are guys who have won and been around great programs that scream elite to me more than Campbell. I'm mostly busting captains chops seeing how he's got the night off from Applebee's tonight.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Should we email Stricklin to tell him to hire Frost? I think that will do the trick...

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you still drunk at the terrible Greek restaurant??

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well obviously it doesn't have be exactly 50% of the time, the statement is just general that I want a true QB instead of a throwing running back and an offense that can provide multiple different looks depending on what the situation is.

Yeah, I think we are pretty much in agreement about the type of QB who has the best chance for success that can be replicated.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
cream your skinny jeans over a guy clobbering a JV schedule, I don’t know what else to say.

I want you to look me in the eye (yes I know I'd need to stand on a pretty tall pedestal), and tell me Frost & UCF wouldn't kick Our butts, Tennessee's butts, Vandy's butts, Kentucky's butts, and USCe's butts this year, and do a hell of a lot better than 42-7 against UGA too. You know he/they would. They're a very good team with nowhere near the talent most P5 schools have. I'm open to other coaching candidates, but I'm not seeing much to gripe about if it ends up being Frost. You did say you'd be open to Frost, so I guess we're kinda on the same page.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The news of the firing relived a lot of pain we went through with Butters. Unfortunately, we may be in a position where many may be disappointed with the new hire. I am trying to prepare for that. Hiring the best coach is not easy to do nowadays.

And neither is deciding just who might be the "best coach" for UF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator