The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I just hope it doesn't mean we have to keep Shannon or any one else on the staff.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
They're probably doing their due dillegence with Shannon seeing how he stepped up to the plate to be interim. He wants to stay so they're asking for him, but I doubt it's a prerequisite for the job

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is I don't want a guy who is 2-11 against his primary rival with 7 double digit losses. I'll let you all guess who that is.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My guy scored 52 this weekend. How much did your Div II guy score.
Congrats. He gave up 62 points at home to his main rival with first place in the conference and a possible playoff bid on the line. Hell, that might be even worse than Richt-level choking.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Congrats. He gave up 62 points at home to his main rival with first place in the conference and a possible playoff bid on the line. Hell, that might be even worse than Richt-level choking.
I'll answer the question since you seem to have lost your balls. Your boy scored 16. Hell we could keep Nuss and do that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope it doesn't mean we have to keep Shannon or any one else on the staff.
No coach EVER fires the whole staff. Only a moron would want to walk into a building with no one to give them the guided tour.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll answer the question since you seem to have lost your balls. Your boy scored 16. Hell we could keep Nuss and do that.
And he held quarterback Jesus to two touchdowns, including bupkiss in the second half. If he's in the top 25 with a couple top 5 wins using a walk on QB, that's fine in my book. Meanwhile, Gundy can't win a big game with one of the top 10 or so QB's in the country. That's even worse. I'll take a guy who wins with nothing over a guy who chokes his ass off year after year despite having a pretty healthy amount of talent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And he held quarterback Jesus to two touchdowns, including bupkiss in the second half. If he's in the top 25 with a couple top 5 wins using a walk on QB, that's fine in my book. Meanwhile, Gundy can't win a big game with one of the top 10 or so QB's in the country. That's even worse. I'll take a guy who wins with nothing over a guy who chokes his ass off year after year despite having a pretty healthy amount of talent.
Grier was 20/25 passing.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Steven Godfrey from SB Nation wrote this:
Florida is unofficially communicating with potential candidates about possibly retaining particular staff members for recruiting reasons, including defensive coordinator and current interim head coach Randy Shannon.
Hopefully the "possibly" part is open ended and they can say no without being sidelined in this search

My hope is that Randy Shannon takes a comfortable seat in the catapult and we launch him over the GA line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.