The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of stepping into this debate of whether or not a double stamp can in fact be triple stamped, I'll throw this question out there...

Do you think Campbell's the type of guy that almost needs a team of nobodies to get his message through. In short, do you see his message resonating with the primadonas that we'll need to truly compete? Or do you think a place like ISU is his perfect fit? I'm on the fence about this.

tumblr_lc13nx2wEB1qzpewgo1_500.gif
Who's driving? Sas or Ox?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Me? He posts a blatant lie and I call him out....then he says I have reading comprehension? That's on me? I didn't post the lie.
The name calling isn't nice.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Was Oregon a lower tier program when he was OC there?
Was Oregon a lower tier program when he was OC there?
Last time I checked, Oregon was a P5 school, while UCF is not and no, I don't follow the assistant coaches at every P5 school. My point is that Frost is a risk. Guy's only in his second year as a head coach and his signature win to date is against Maryland. He shows a lot of promise. He could be the next Urban Meyer, but he could also be the next Gerry Faust. The jury is still out. We're coming off two straight complete busts. I don't think we can take another risk with a guy that has never gone toe to toe with the big boys of college football. That's why I prefer a more proven coach. But hey, what do I know. I didn't even know who Frost was back in August.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last time I checked, Oregon was a P5 school, while UCF is not and no, I don't follow the assistant coaches at every P5 school. My point is that Frost is a risk. Guy's only in his second year as a head coach and his signature win to date is against Maryland. He shows a lot of promise. He could be the next Urban Meyer, but he could also be the next Gerry Faust. The jury is still out. We're coming off two straight complete busts. I don't think we can take another risk with a guy that has never gone toe to toe with the big boys of college football. That's why I prefer a more proven coach. But hey, what do I know. I didn't even know who Frost was back in August.
and my only point is that you said before Aug you've never heard of the guy. Anyone following major college football has heard of Frost.

Nothing wrong with preferring a more proven coach, you're welcome to your opinion, but it's not like Frost is a no name out of the blue.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
and my only point is that you said before Aug you've never heard of the guy. Anyone following major college football has heard of Frost.

Nothing wrong with preferring a more proven coach, you're welcome to your opinion, but it's not like Frost is a no name out of the blue.
No worries. I was being a little overly dramatic to make a point. I certainly knew of Frost, just had no idea what he was up to or where he was coaching.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No worries. I was being a little overly dramatic to make a point. I certainly knew of Frost, just had no idea what he was up to or where he was coaching.
so you lied to make a point.....you're going to fit in great here :lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Its rough here, sign of the times. Look, if you want "tried and true", Les Miles is your man. You know exactly what you will get, there will not be any disappointment, and no risk of Chimp/Mac level failure. Frost is exactly what I want, same as with Urban - a young, offensive minded coach with great success in his young coaching career, who absolutely will be leading a P5 program, its just a matter of where.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Steven Godfrey from SB Nation wrote this:

Florida is unofficially communicating with potential candidates about possibly retaining particular staff members for recruiting reasons, including defensive coordinator and current interim head coach Randy Shannon.

Hopefully the "possibly" part is open ended and they can say no without being sidelined in this search

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Steven Godfrey from SB Nation wrote this:

Florida is unofficially communicating with potential candidates about possibly retaining particular staff members for recruiting reasons, including defensive coordinator and current interim head coach Randy Shannon.

Hopefully the "possibly" part is open ended and they can say no without being sidelined in this search

How would SB Nation know this without knowing who the candidates are?
Retain for how long? Isn't early signing Dec 20 so we're talking 2 maybe 3 weeks.
Who is Randy Shannon recruiting (if anybody)?
Does it matter since we aren't going to a bowl?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe UCF and FAU will want Shannon.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
How would SB Nation know this without knowing who the candidates are?
Retain for how long? Isn't early signing Dec 20 so we're talking 2 maybe 3 weeks.
Who is Randy Shannon recruiting (if anybody)?
Does it matter since we aren't going to a bowl?
Idk but apparently he is plugged in and knows people.

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't care if they fire every coach on staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.