A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So a team that went
10-4 (7-1) in 2012
12-1(8-0) in 2013
9-4 (7-1) in 2014
Just suddenly lost all their talent in 2015? Did everybody graduate in 2014?
Yes, actually. And it wasn't the first time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want offense and winning football. I get that you girly men want cutesy, cutesy. Can any of you explain his deficiencies in football terms?
Yes it sucks and he doesnt score points. You can watch Vandy and see his offense in practice.

Last edited:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think out of the pool of potentials, Frost is the most attractive. I just am not sold on him being the next greatest coach out there. He might be, but a season and a half is a small body of work to crown him.

Don't take this as me not wanting him, I'm willing to swing big for the fences, but I think plenty of people are talking down the risks as if he comes here we're going to have a dynasty on our hands.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hearing from multiple places that Kelly to UCLA is going to happen.

He's been a west coaster since he left New Hamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are always risks if the dude's name isnt Saban or Creyer. I dont even particularly like the option aspects of Frost's offense.

However, he is the only coach out there that seems to have IT.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchchin: They must have graduated a lot of Sophomores. I don't see many Seniors on that squad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_UCF_Knights_football_team

You asked if they lost their talent. They did. There wasn't much they could afford to lose. And they had no QB, other than Perriman (who left for the pros) their receivers were not very good, their RBs were not good at all (Stanback was kicked off the team or something). Their defense lost some of it's best players although the Griffin brothers and Killings are very good.

But again, your statement lacks logic and has zero bearing on what Frost has done there with his recruiting, system and in game coaching.
Why would a team who, as you suggest, had a consistent history of success with a coach up and quit on him all of the sudden?

Last edited:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
But my assertion has always been that OK State is not on the level with Oklahoma or Texas. If Gundy had that record at those two schools I wouldn't even look at him.

They may be a notch below Oklahoma but they're not 2--11 below. They don't lack for money or resources. And if you're going to be considered an elite coach then you've got to beat a better team every now and then. Certainly more that twice out of thirteen tries.

I am not yet fully committed to Frost but I would be strongly opposed to Gundy. Don't see him as the guy to beat Bama in Atlanta.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They may be a notch below Oklahoma but they're not 2--11 below. They don't lack for money or resources. And if you're going to be considered an elite coach then you've got to beat a better team every now and then. Certainly more that twice out of thirteen tries.

I am not yet fully committed to Frost but I would be strongly opposed to Gundy. Don't see him as the guy to beat Bama in Atlanta.
Well then lets hope the guy who's never beat anybody can do it.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
There are always risks if the dude's name isnt Saban or Creyer. I dont even particularly like the option aspects of Frost's offense.

However, he is the only coach out there that seems to have IT.
I'll repeat again that I am willing to take the gamble. I would just like to see his offense this year against a decent SEC caliber team (i.e. not us) before I am willing to concede he's the next great offensive minded corch out there.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Last time I checked, Oregon was a P5 school, while UCF is not and no, I don't follow the assistant coaches at every P5 school. My point is that Frost is a risk. Guy's only in his second year as a head coach and his signature win to date is against Maryland. He shows a lot of promise. He could be the next Urban Meyer, but he could also be the next Gerry Faust. The jury is still out. We're coming off two straight complete busts. I don't think we can take another risk with a guy that has never gone toe to toe with the big boys of college football. That's why I prefer a more proven coach. But hey, what do I know. I didn't even know who Frost was back in August.
anyone we take is a risk ...we could hire chip kelly tomorrow and theres no guarantee he will coach like he did with the ducks

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Really? I'm at 90/10 we get him at this point.

Gary Sharp, a radio host out of Omaha said today that Frost is pretty much a lock to go to UF, and that Strictlin is working super fast to get this deal in place, and that Frost is extremely interested in coaching the Gators. Sharp went on to say that he knows a few prominent boosters that live in Ocala that told him all this, TIFWIW. One booster even said he'd "bet his house" that Frost is coaching the Gators next season.

Sharp also said UF reached out to Bob Stoops to kinda feel him out (in case the Frost deal goes south), but Bobby is quite happy in retirement.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Gary Sharp, a radio host out of Omaha said today that Frost is pretty much a lock to go to UF, and that Strictlin is working super fast to get this deal in place, and that Frost is extremely interested in coaching the Gators. Sharp went on to say that he knows a few prominent boosters that live in Ocala that told him all this, TIFWIW. One booster even said he'd "bet his house" that Frost is coaching the Gators next season.

Sharp also said UF reached out to Bob Stoops to kinda feel him out (in case the Frost deal goes south), but Bobby is quite happy in retirement.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There isn't an HC out there without risks of falling short. So, with any "up & comer" you have to see explanations of "why" this one excells :

1) Nowhere has Frost failed at coaching young men.
2) Players praise his coaching style, none denigrate,.
3) His coaching is inspiring involved on-the-field of practice.
4) During games, Frost thoughtfully paces the sidelines consulting his sheet of 'tried and trued' color coded schematricks. (This connectedness reminds me of Spurrier.)
5) In all public speaking endeavors, he superiorly represents his college and his players and coaches.
6) He overtly takes responsibility for results. He fully knows "the buck (starts &) stops here.
7) He's in athletic physical shape = dynamic performance of his duties. (an HC rarety)
8) Frost leads by examples and that leaves no confusion in young players' minds (or coaches).
9) Frost is "best friend" with the process, not buddy buddy with players.
10) He has picked a staff that keeps up with him, their CEO.

These are rare traits vitally operating in any one HC.
I couldn't help realizing that these are all opposites of who we just fired and all who need firing.
IMHO, in 2018, Frost will continue his upward rise wherever he coaches. I'd like it to be here.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
I think Frost is getting a lot of pressure to go to Nebraska. Hell I hear they are going sent Tom Osborne out to personally offer him the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator