The next wave I expect to pop

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
With Top247 RB Dameon Pierce in the fold, the Gators are three blue-chip OLs away from a dream class on the offensive side of the ball.

Before late July, Florida only had three offensive skill players committed in four-star athlete Iverson Clement and three-star receivers Corey Gammage and Jalynn Williams.

Now they have one of the best offensive skill classes in America with Top247 running back Dameon Pierce the latest to join the fold on Sunday.

Five-star quarterback Matt Corral is the class headliner.

Two Top10 receivers per 247Sports in Jacob Copeland and JaMarr Chase along with high-upside receiver Tyquan Thornton gave their word over the last few weeks.

One of the first to start this huge run on the trail for Jim McElwain and company was Top247 tight end commit Kyle Pitts who some next level sources believe is the best prospect in the country at his position. Three-star tight end Dante Lang also committed at the end of July and now you have Pierce joining Clement in the backfield.

Recruited by JaJuan Seider, as a junior the 5-foot-11, 205-pound Pierce average nearly seven yards per carry in gaining 1,686 yards and scoring 20 touchdowns. The season before he emerged as a national name to know gaining 2,060 yards and finding the end zone 33 times for Bainbridge (Ga.) High.

Pierce has great balance, good vision, hits the hole hard and has the quickness and feet to dart away from tacklers that could have him bottled up behind the line of scrimmage. With a downhill style, Pierce plants that foot and goes, he is a tackle-breaker, stiff-arm using, physical player that doles out more punishment than he is given.

Sources around Gainesville have felt good about landing Pierce for awhile now and the former Alabama commit is now in the fold.

With Pierce in the fold, Florida moves up one spot to No. 7 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings, passing LSU. This is the No. 2 class in the SEC.

It's all about the hogmollies the rest of the way on offense. Top247 offensive lineman Curtis Dunlap is committed. I have three other blue-chippers forecasted to the Gators on the 247Sports Crystal Ball in tackle/guard combo William Barnes, tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere and tackle Richard Gouraige.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
With Top247 RB Dameon Pierce in the fold, the Gators are three blue-chip OLs away from a dream class on the offensive side of the ball.

Before late July, Florida only had three offensive skill players committed in four-star athlete Iverson Clement and three-star receivers Corey Gammage and Jalynn Williams.

Now they have one of the best offensive skill classes in America with Top247 running back Dameon Pierce the latest to join the fold on Sunday.

Five-star quarterback Matt Corral is the class headliner.

Two Top10 receivers per 247Sports in Jacob Copeland and JaMarr Chase along with high-upside receiver Tyquan Thornton gave their word over the last few weeks.

One of the first to start this huge run on the trail for Jim McElwain and company was Top247 tight end commit Kyle Pitts who some next level sources believe is the best prospect in the country at his position. Three-star tight end Dante Lang also committed at the end of July and now you have Pierce joining Clement in the backfield.

Recruited by JaJuan Seider, as a junior the 5-foot-11, 205-pound Pierce average nearly seven yards per carry in gaining 1,686 yards and scoring 20 touchdowns. The season before he emerged as a national name to know gaining 2,060 yards and finding the end zone 33 times for Bainbridge (Ga.) High.

Pierce has great balance, good vision, hits the hole hard and has the quickness and feet to dart away from tacklers that could have him bottled up behind the line of scrimmage. With a downhill style, Pierce plants that foot and goes, he is a tackle-breaker, stiff-arm using, physical player that doles out more punishment than he is given.

Sources around Gainesville have felt good about landing Pierce for awhile now and the former Alabama commit is now in the fold.

With Pierce in the fold, Florida moves up one spot to No. 7 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings, passing LSU. This is the No. 2 class in the SEC.

It's all about the hogmollies the rest of the way on offense. Top247 offensive lineman Curtis Dunlap is committed. I have three other blue-chippers forecasted to the Gators on the 247Sports Crystal Ball in tackle/guard combo William Barnes, tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere and tackle Richard Gouraige.
They coming bro...don't worry! ;)

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Rob Cassidy of Rivals is reporting that Miami commit WR Mark Pope says he will only take 2 officials and those will be Miami and Florida.

Looks like we may cherry pick Miami's best recruits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should have a class of 25. That leaves 7 more slots. Here's what would be ideal:

1. Nesta
2. Coynis Miller (chatwood if we miss)
3. Tyreke
4. Trout
5. Schwartz
6. Barnes
7. Gouraige

We will need to possibly push one kid out of the class. That will either be Williams or Gammage. Probably Williams but I like his tape better than Gammage.

That will open up one more slot.

8. Petite-Frere

If we have the slots open we may be able to have quite a few early enroll which may open up another one or two spots. Depending on graduation and current open slots.

If we get 2 more to end at 27 - this class will end up the 2nd highest rated class.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should have a class of 25. That leaves 7 more slots. Here's what would be ideal:

1. Nesta
2. Coynis Miller (chatwood if we miss)
3. Tyreke
4. Trout
5. Schwartz
6. Barnes
7. Gouraige

We will need to possibly push one kid out of the class. That will either be Williams or Gammage. Probably Williams but I like his tape better than Gammage.

That will open up one more slot.

8. Petite-Frere

If we have the slots open we may be able to have quite a few early enroll which may open up another one or two spots. Depending on graduation and current open slots.

If we get 2 more to end at 27 - this class will end up the 2nd highest rated class.
We have 8 spots available per Rivals, sitting at 17 now

Edit: I also think we lose both Williams and Gammage

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the "slantedness" of which many speak = 1st year won East with 7-1 record ... that's one loss in the SEC race. 2nd year 6-2 ??
I think people don't give the coaching staff enough credit for year 1. I don't care how bad the East was, between our raggedy ass OL, our coked out kicker, and our QB getting suspended halfway through the year, 10-2 was a freaking miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.