The WNBA - why does it exist?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I followed some of the teams when the league first formed. I was a big fan of the Toxic Shock, which was the Detroit franchise that later moved to Tulsa and was coached by Nolan Richardson. They moved the team to Dallas, earning Red Wings as their new name. The Milwaukee Froth were pretty fun to watch when they were in the league. They had a guard named Michelle Yeestie who had an itchy shooting finger and used to put up shots from everywhere. The Santa Fe Taco were a pretty good team but they folded, as were the Chicago Flow, who are also defunct after bleeding money and operating in the red for years. They can't seem to keep these teams afloat for long enough to build a fanbase, unfortunately.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It only survives by being subsidized by the NBA. In other words, there's no actual demand it's just a big charity case.

Have you ever been to a WNBA game? Please share your experience.

Discuss.
Obviously, you are not a Lesbian.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
:ohnoez: I thought I was your favorite?

seriously, I can't tell if you're on a vendetta against the WNBA or you're just having fun. they average 7K fans in 17 home games. somebody is watching. and they only get like 15 games on TV a year. that's like 30 hours of TV time a year. like, whats the big deal dude?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:ohnoez: I thought I was your favorite?

seriously, I can't tell if you're on a vendetta against the WNBA or you're just having fun. they average 7K fans in 17 home games. somebody is watching. and they only get like 15 games on TV a year. that's like 30 hours of TV time a year. like, whats the big deal dude?
Damn. I didn't know any male WNBA apologists existed. You have opened my eyes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and I'll bet you 75% of those 7,000 who attend the games get in for free.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any Dude that watches the WNBA is the same Dude that watches "Sex in the City". Case closed. End of discussion.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's what you said to the guy you were giving a "W.C. Handy" to in the public men's room on Beale Street.
This retort from a Dude that admitted watching the freaking WNBA and has an avatar celebrating Beastiality. :) This should be the next video topic for "Squirrel", the Redneck Florida Fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.