Things could be MUCH worse for us...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So it's okay a Div 2 school had more points and yards than us because each games different? Lol no. One game maybe but most of Vandy opponents have outgained us. The same for UMass. The worst offense in the nation outgained us and was up 27-7 in the first half until WM went WM and with a starting True QB, RB and WRs. There's zero excuse for a WM offense to outgain UF for any reason especially with an offensive coach against 1-6 UMass.

It's definitely not ok. But these scenarios exist way more than you'd think. We're just reading into it more because we're on the fence about a coach. As he said, each game has its own storyline and you can't take too much away from it.

In that case, based on last night, Michigan should not only beat OhSt, the score should be somewhere around 100-0.

Again though, no question our offense needs massive improvement.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
So it's okay a Div 2 school had more points and yards than us because each games different? Lol no. One game maybe but most of Vandy opponents have outgained us. The same for UMass. The worst offense in the nation outgained us and was up 27-7 in the first half until WM went WM and with a starting True QB, RB and WRs. There's zero excuse for a WM offense to outgain UF for any reason especially with an offensive coach against 1-6 UMass.
We also curb stomped Kentucky this year who has since beat Miss State (who beat USCe) and Vandy (who beat UGA who beat USCe) and USCe themselves. What is your point in all of this nonsense?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
We also curb stomped Kentucky this year who has since beat Miss State (who beat USCe) and Vandy (who beat UGA who beat USCe) and USCe themselves. What is your point in all of this nonsense?
That were great at winning ugly games against bad teams. Print the shirts.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You must have only followed college football for two years if you think Miss State has always been good. They are a bottom feeder that is on their way back to normal

You can add UCLA and Arizona to that list. How many times has either of those programs been relevant in the past 15 years...once or twice for each team maybe?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It would appear, "you're only as good as your last SEC or National Championship".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We take wins worse than any fan base............Many here remind me of this guy...................
Screen+Shot+2014-03-12+at+9.30.27+AM.png
Again with the ignorance. I've had convos with 5 bama fans since yesterday's game that are mad about the offense, think their QB is terrrible at throwing and think lsu is going to smoke them. Enough with this stupid narrative.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Again with the ignorance. I've had convos with 5 bama fans since yesterday's game that are mad about the offense, think their QB is terrrible at throwing and think lsu is going to smoke them. Enough with this stupid narrative.

Wow, I am sure that is true b/c I know some Alabama fans, but here are the objective eye's opinions. yes the Alabama QB is not a great thrower (he is a true frosh), yes at times they are very conservative (QB is true frosh and their defense is outstanding) and no LSU will not smoke them, LOL. Here is what is true about Alabama's offense that is not true about UF's offense. They run the ball extremely well b/c their O-line is good and knows their jobs. Their RB's are not constantly dodging defenders in the backfield as soon they take a handoff like our RB's are often. Their QB is not constantly being harassed on almost every pass play b/c a rusher has come in untouched like our QB is b/c our O-line will triple team a guy while 2 others walk right on into the backfield. The point is this. When it is 3rd or 4th down and inches, I am 99.9% confident Alabama will get a 1st down. Same scenario with UF I am less than 50% confident we convert into a 1st down. I wish our offense was as bad as theirs and I wish our defense was 1/2 as good as theirs.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, I am sure that is true b/c I know some Alabama fans, but here are the objective eye's opinions. yes the Alabama QB is not a great thrower (he is a true frosh), yes at times they are very conservative (QB is true frosh and their defense is outstanding) and no LSU will not smoke them, LOL. Here is what is true about Alabama's offense that is not true about UF's offense. They run the ball extremely well b/c their O-line is good and knows their jobs. Their RB's are not constantly dodging defenders in the backfield as soon they take a handoff like our RB's are often. Their QB is not constantly being harassed on almost every pass play b/c a rusher has come in untouched like our QB is b/c our O-line will triple team a guy while 2 others walk right on into the backfield. The point is this. When it is 3rd or 4th down and inches, I am 99.9% confident Alabama will get a 1st down. Same scenario with UF I am less than 50% confident we convert into a 1st down. I wish our offense was as bad as theirs and I wish our defense was 1/2 as good as theirs.
Could have just summed all this up by agreeing that all fanbases gripe no matter what... which was the point and the only point.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Wow, where in the world did I say it was ok for offensive suckage up to this point. Since you're a newbie you've not seen where many, including myself have not only called out Mac but Nussy as well. I don't always subscribe to the notion that just because X team beat Y team and gained this and gave up that will necessarily transition over to UF. So, does the fact that LF and LSU drilled more holes in Arky's D that UF should do exactly the same?? NO, UF-Arky will be its own game and UF should try to have the same success. In all of these games you've mentioned do we know if it is entirely the same team. Should UF have had more yardage if LDR played? Who on those teams were injured? And so on. Just an observation on your original post. And no one, including me is saying that our offense doesn't need work. And regarding WM, no matter what happened yesterday that will be a different game come Nov. 12.

It's definitely not ok. But these scenarios exist way more than you'd think. We're just reading into it more because we're on the fence about a coach. As he said, each game has its own storyline and you can't take too much away from it.

In that case, based on last night, Michigan should not only beat OhSt, the score should be somewhere around 100-0.

Again though, no question our offense needs massive improvement.

:exactly::clap:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So what you are saying is bama fans are dumber (miuch more) than our fans.............imagine that?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Just ask...Miss State...Notre Dame...Michigan State...Oregon...UCLA...Arizona...who ALL have 5 losses EACH. Those are programs that are typically ALWAYS good and they STINK this year. We think we have it bad with 1 loss that feels like 10 losses to some of you clowns. Go Gators!!

Seriously, you think Michigan State is TYPICALLY ALWAYS good? You think Oregon is TYPICALLY ALWAYS good? You think Arizona is TYPICALLY ALWAYS good? And saddest of all you think Mississippi State is TYPICALLY ALWAYS good? That is what you aspire for UF? Foley has ruined UF's fans more than I even thought?

BTW, UF is 17th win overall winning percentage. Michigan State is 32nd. Arizona is 44th. Oregon is 57th. Mississippi State is 97th. UF's program should not aspire nor be compared to such programs.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So what you are saying is bama fans are dumber (miuch more) than our fans.............imagine that?
No, that's not what I'm saying. That's a given, we all know that. What I'm saying is our fans complaining about how the team plays regardless of the scoreboard is not unique, and we certainly don't have a monopoly on the activity either.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just ask...Miss State...Notre Dame...Michigan State...Oregon...UCLA...Arizona...who ALL have 5 losses EACH. Those are programs that are typically ALWAYS good and they STINK this year. We think we have it bad with 1 loss that feels like 10 losses to some of you clowns. Go Gators!!
Since when are those programs always good?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5 losses? This such a stupid premise.

No ome can lose 5 games at Fla with our September schedule. Mushcramp couldnt lose 5. Hell, Vandy couldnt lose 5.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just saying, but each one of those teams other than UCLA has either been ranked #1, in a BCS bowl, or in the playoffs more recently than Florida.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well let's see. We played Umass in a torrential downpour for much of the game in which LDR in his first start threw the ball 44 times and generally connected with his safety valve for short yardage yet still threw for 256. The running game, behind what was a very shaky line, only managed 100+ yards. The game was odd in that we only got 10 possessions but scored on 6 (7 if you count taking points off the board) And would've scored on an 8th had we elected to kick a FG instead of going for a 4th and one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.