Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This was always going to be the hire (mid major). Golden fits the Napier mold (as would have Mcmahon). Total upgrade to White. Love it!
Lee if you are excited about this, that's good enough for me. Now I want Todd to wax MW.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We gonna win them all!

:chomp:

He’s from San Fran: His politics will align w/ the wokeness in G’ville

Golden, an American-Israeli, played at St. Mary’s where he helped lead the Gaels to a pair of NCAA Tournament appearances. He was St. Mary’s all-time leader in free-throw shooting (.832) at the time of his graduation, and as a senior, he was second nationally in assist-to-turnover ratio. After college, Golden played three seasons with Maccabi Haifa in Israel before returning to the United States and getting into coaching two years later.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gators Hire Todd Golden As New Basketball Coach | GatorCountry.com

These quotes.

"This hire shows Scott Stricklin’s desire to get to a modern approach to basketball. Whether it was scheme, data usage, or analytical concepts, Florida’s previous staff was well behind the curve. Now, the Gators will be on the cutting edge, and that’s something that Florida fans should be ecstatic about. "

"When it comes to the transfer portal, Golden is going to use data and advanced statistics to find who fits his system perfectly and who will help him compete right away in the SEC."

giphy.gif

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"... with no better than fourth-place finish in the West Coast Conference during his tenure"

Ouch. Hate the hire.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This was always going to be the hire (mid major). Golden fits the Napier mold (as would have Mcmahon). Total upgrade to White. Love it!
Upgrade how exactly? His conference record is 1 game over 500 and overall record is .613, worse than MW's for god's sake LOL. This is a typical Fooley/Strick hire cheap based on potential. It works out once in awhile, but what's the odds it works out for both BB and FB with these 2 hires? It's possible I suppose.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Upgrade how exactly? His conference record is 1 game over 500 and overall record is .613, worse than MW's for god's sake LOL. This is a typical Fooley/Strick hire cheap based on potential. It works out once in awhile, but what's the odds it works out for both BB and FB with these 2 hires? It's possible I suppose.

Attention to detail, should be a good recruiter, learned as an assistant with Pearl. Uses analytics, finds the optimal lineup, good offensive mind, young, took one of the smallest schools to the NCAA and almost beat a 7 seed. Will being tons of energy back to the team for sure

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible hire from someone who learned under that piece of human debris Bruce Pearl.

Fire Stricklin. ****ing loser POS. This is Gainesville, but Starkville mediocrity returns. No good bastard dork.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What @MidwestChomp said. Lee, if you like it I’m good with the hire. Based on reports, he had multiple suitors.
Well at least it's not that bum Bennett. Who wants a NC winning coach with the best winning percentage for the last 10 years in the best BB league in the country when you can have a guy with a 500 West Coast conference record who uses a computer for all in game decisions? Looks like the computer helped him to a One and done so at least he's not busy now.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Attention to detail, should be a good recruiter, learned as an assistant with Pearl. Uses analytics, finds the optimal lineup, good offensive mind, young, took one of the smallest schools to the NCAA and almost beat a 7 seed. Will being tons of energy back to the team for sure
Based on what? I'm guessing he has zero regional contacts and will likely be in the lower third of the league in recruiting. This is a hire that says we aren't serious about competing for the top of the league and final fours anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.