Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm not saying he is a better overall receiver than XH. Right now XH is far more polished. I'm saying Bowman may be a better fit for certain type of plays. I know he is more explosive. With Bowman's speed and explosion, I'd rather him run a WR screen than XH.
And all I am saying is that it is not at all clear that XH left because he is being passed on the depth chart. And, he may transfer and fail. But that wouldn't mean the odd play calls and seemingly uncoordinated or sophomoric pass game are not part of the package. We hope the staff has a full book of plays that work, and that our staff was unable to use it because of AR. But that seems like a reach because some of the staff's calls were so odd. I still recall the fourth quarter slant that vs LSU and that was frightening. AR just slinged it, desperately, no touch or line. But the call left only one option, AR makes that throw on target and catchable, and the receiver makes the catch. Not too impressive when that was the game. Maybe it was just beyond AR's ability in a game situation... but at the same time, staff is required to know that. The way the staff let clocks run out at half time make me think they just didn't get a playbook installed, weren't prepared. But that's okay, last year. This year it's going to be hard to excuse head scratching play calls or the inept in-game management.

This is one we will have to look back on and until our pass game stinks and/or XH is mediocre somewhere else, we just won't know how to take it.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Here are team stats from last season. XH was a top 3 receiver. It's interesting to see he had the most catches but fewest YPC of the top three. Makes me wonder if XH's role was to consistently run shorter routes. He might have been pegged as a short yardage, possession guy and that didn't suit him. Don't know. But we clearly lost one of our top 3 receivers from last year and it's hard to say it will turn out to be a good thing.

Here's another question that jumps out to me, how is the staff going to replace the yards and TDs Richardson accounted for, 654/9 ? Our top RBs had 700 and 800+ so it's unreasonable to expect more. To me, it would seem that if we are opening up our pass game by necessity that it should seem like the perfect opportunity this season. Big challenges ahead for the staff, mostly replacing Richardson's production, and if that production is not duplicated by our pass game, I don't see how it would be.

FWIW, thought Montrell was a SR and I see he's here next season. That's really big. We have two RBs, Johnson and Ettiene unless Webb turns out to be a special FR or our one or two RB transfers are the real deal. Thin.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Not that it is any surprise, but XH's yards per catch was among the lowest in the conference. That is two years in a row his yards per catch is among the lowest in the SEC.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not that it is any surprise, but XH's yards per catch was among the lowest in the conference. That is two years in a row his yards per catch is among the lowest in the SEC.
Agreed based on stats but what was his role? If someone here knew he was on as many longer routes as our top 2 then we would know he had his chances. Someone with more knowledge may know if his role was constantly shorter routes. If he's gone, it's water under the bridge, obviously. We still lost a top 3 WR so it would be comforting to know that he was simply athletically incapable of more, as opposed to his being limited by staff to simple routes, dumps, hitch routes. I myself, do not know.
YPC

It just seems odd to have the most catches but half the YPC. That suggests his routes were mostly short.
# of receptions

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
FWIW, thought Montrell was a SR and I see he's here next season. That's really big. We have two RBs, Johnson and Ettiene unless Webb turns out to be a special FR or our one or two RB transfers are the real deal. Thin.
Montrell was a sophomore last year and while I suppose he could pro after next year, I kinda doubt it. The RB room should be solid the next couple of seasons.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Thai Bowman guy is dreadful and has no business even being on the roster . The guy couldn’t carry Hendersons jock .

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Xz made a choice. He, obviously, felt it was best for him in the long run. Time will tell, but he's probably right. Everything I've seen, most agree.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Losing Henderson ain't a big deal. But bowman and Douglas suck too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Losing Henderson ain't a big deal. But bowman and Douglas suck too.

Douglas had great moments as a Freshman. I think he’ll be fine. I have no idea the infatuation with Bowman, but do agree that he’s shifty and probably better suited for the WR screen role than XH, who had the first step of Mitch McConnell. No idea why we insisted on using he(and Shorter) that way so much.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Douglas had great moments as a Freshman. I think he’ll be fine. I have no idea the infatuation with Bowman, but do agree that he’s shifty and probably better suited for the WR screen role than XH, who had the first step of Mitch McConnell. No idea why we insisted on using he(and Shorter) that way so much.
McConnell was a burner in high school

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
McConnell was a burner in high school
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread