Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Did he really have that much knowledge though? Or did he just carry himself in a way that suggested it, using phrases that most of us had never heard before? I swear every time he dissected a play there was a new animal nickname involved for some player that was totally unknown to me, like Cox is the jack rabbit here, or Ryland-Powell is supposed to play smash grizzly bear concept, or Trevez tried to boundary lamb but they cheesed him. And this would go on for 4 to 5 paragraphs at a time. I know I can be a bit wordy, but even I had to sometimes break up his posts into multiple days just to be able to spend time with my kids.
tldr

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
In @ltraz defense, the so called "composite talent" lists all put us at 12-15 in the country. Not elite, but better than most of the teams we played this season.

Are those team ratings that far off?

Could it be that the players attitudes and habits (as a team) has more to do with it?

Could it be that the existing players (especially on defense) were very talented but just the wrong mix of individuals?

And, could it be, BN and staff made a strategic decision, early on, to put most of their efforts into developing recruiting rather than coaching and game planning this year? (I prefer to think this is the case)

A lot of my questions regarding this staff will be answered on ESD. (And portal).
How is the composite compiled? If it’s based on a players ranking as a recruit, then it should be taken with a grain of salt. Take Jason Marshall Corey Collier for example. Depending on the service, he was either a 5 or high 4 star player, yet even with our bad safety play, he barely saw the field. Several of our other former four stars seem to be going lower rated programs.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
How is the composite compiled? If it’s based on a players ranking as a recruit, then it should be taken with a grain of salt. Take Jason Marshall for example. Depending on the service, he was either a 5 or high 4 star player, yet even with our bad safety play, he barely saw the field. Several of our other former four stars seem to be going lower rated programs.
So there is the problem. The corner who started all 12 games could not find the field. I see clearly now.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He had disagreements with everyone. He knew his stuff but like a few others, went ape :kiffin: if you challenged him. He would get very personal.

There are facts and opinions. There is news and commentary. People today have trouble distinguishing the difference.

Yep, he didn’t typically take the GC ball-busting banter very well when it was directed at him. He was one of the more fragile egos on this board, yet he would call others out for not having a thicker skin, lol.

That said, he was a big asset when breaking down positional technique and athletic talent. His expertise made the tiptoeing fairly tolerable.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not quick enough. You’ve gotta vigilant around Joe. He’s always waiting in the wings to pounce, usually with some sort wise answer.
In the interest of full disclosure, had Joe not corrected me I would not have caught it - at least until one of the other wise azzes around here made some equally sarcastic post!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, every single rule on Gatorchatter can be broken down and summed up into one simple rule:

1. Do not annoy the Admin.

If you follow that one rule, you will never have any issues on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.