Treon Harris to start Saturday

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just searched. The word "butthurt" has been used 117 times in this thread.

:butthurt:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully both guys are handling it professionally. This could just be coach speak but Mac indicates they are...

McElwain said both quarterbacks have been informed of the decision and that there are "no secrets" within the team's family environment. Both quarterbacks have handled the decision well, he said.

"I don't think either guy is frustrated," he said. "This is a partnership. This is two guys pulling in the same direction to help this football team be successful. They're good friends. They coach each other on the field.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n270652 said:
who the f*ck cares who he's dating?

You do. You clicked the post and then followed the link to the article. :lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
"I wouldn't read that much into it," McElwain said. "Treon's going to start the football game and Will's going to play a lot too. It's a painting in progress and we've got to figure out what the backdrop is going to be."

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n270659 said:
Hopefully both guys are handling it professionally. This could just be coach speak but Mac indicates they are...

C'mon man, that's Fantasyland. :lol: Grier is so butthurt he won't be able to sit on the pine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm encouraged by the lashing out and hatred for one another in this thread. That always means it's football time! :dance:

There's too much getting along in the offseason.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mac said Treon is doing a better job of "elevating" the players around him. You need your team rallying to a QBs leadership. That already happened last year when Treon was finally elevated over Dripfail. Mac acknowledges that it has happened again.

This is more a matter of team psychology and Mac gets it. Grier may have his day but Treon proved last year he can "elevate" the effort of the guys who play with him and seems to have done so again once he caught up to Grier after being behind in the Spring.

Muschamp's bullheaded desire to stick with Driskel so long after it was obvious the team wasn't pulling together around him just added to everyone's misery. The team might not have looked that much better with Treon in there, but they played harder. Especially on offense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n270670 said:
C'mon man, that's Fantasyland. :lol: Grier is so butthurt he won't be able to sit on the pine.
You have to understand I think a QB SHOULD be butthurt if he's on the bench. If he's not that indicates a problem.

Jerk. :dance:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n270661 said:
You do. You clicked the post and then followed the link to the article. :lol:

I don't care about a majority of the dumb crap that's posted on this board, but I still read it.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
How some folks reacted when Grier didn't get the nod:

How they'll react when he inevitably gets under center this weekend:

Let's just put the butthurt aside and get behind our coach and team. In Mac AND Treon AND Will we trust!

Attachments

• conv_4318.gif
    conv_4318.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • conv_4319.gif
    conv_4319.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 56

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n270656 said:
so your still butthurt over brissett not staying the starter?

Yes, it keeps me up at night, staring at the ceiling.

Honestly, I had no recollection whatsoever that Brissett started that year until Wobble pointed it out. And I probably won't recall Harris over Grier in a month.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n270681 said:
Yes, it keeps me up at night, staring at the ceiling.

Honestly, I had no recollection whatsoever that Brissett started that year until Wobble pointed it out. And I probably won't recall Harris over Grier in a month.

started twice, later in the season to ULL the game we won on a blocked punt (Driskel was injured).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n270675 said:
You have to understand I think a QB SHOULD be butthurt if he's on the bench. If he's not that indicates a problem.

Jerk. :dance:

He should be hurt, and should work harder.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n270685 said:
started twice, later in the season to ULL the game we won on a blocked punt (Driskel was injured).

Brissett did not start against ULL, he just helped finish that game. Brissett started against Jacksonville St. :peabody:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We on this board have a gift of extrapolating far more than we should from one nugget of information. Somebody had to get the first snap and that's all we should read into it at this point. Had Grier gotten the first snap, no one should have read anything into that either. Ox is right....Grier was an unknown quantity that represented a fresh start to many. They were hoping that he would light up the filed the way Shane Matthews did when we first saw him. The hope that we found a diamond in the rough just waiting to be discovered and unleashed. Unfairly, Treon brings back memories of the stink of the old regime and that is why people are probably worried.

It's irritating that some are dropping the race card against those that wanted to see Grier start. Does that mean those who are elated that Treon got the nod are racists as well? It's just so damn irritating to see that thrown around.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
WobbleGator;n270688 said:
Brissett did not start against ULL, he just helped finish that game. Brissett started against Jacksonville St. :peabody:

Wobs = Norm Carlson

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Himey;n270690 said:
We on this board have a gift of extrapolating far more than we should from one nugget of information. Somebody had to get the first snap and that's all we should read into it at this point. Had Grier gotten the first snap, no one should have read anything into that either. Ox is right....Grier was an unknown quantity that represented a fresh start to many. They were hoping that he would light up the filed the way Shane Matthews did when we first saw him. The hope that we found a diamond in the rough just waiting to be discovered and unleashed. Unfairly, Treon brings back memories of the stink of the old regime and that is why people are probably worried.

It's irritating that some are dropping the race card against those that wanted to see Grier start. Does that mean those who are elated that Treon got the nod are racists as well? It's just so damn irritating to see that thrown around.

I'm not about to point fingers at anyone on this board, but having watched the discussion on Gator QBs on other sites play out over the last two years I saw multiple comments to the tune of:

"UF is prejudiced against black QBs and won't let one start over a white guy, even one as bad as Driskel. Those guys should all transfer."

and

"UF will never have top flight success with a black QB."

The sad fact is that there are white and black bigots in our fanbase who are, sadly, often emotionally over-invested in the color of certain players' skin. To deny this is to live in fantasy land.

Now, as far as my own Blazing Saddles post, the joke was too good to pass up and I was shamelessly angling for likes cuz you know everyone loves the "BS". And I will do so again!!

I personally just want to see our coaching staff and entire team kick butt, no matter what color they are. Orange and Blue are really the only colors that matter and I'd like to think that goes for everyone here on the board, but sadly it's not the case elsewhere in Gator Nation. Just win baby!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n270690 said:

Well starting Treon should eliminate any throwing of the race card, that is part of the reason that if they are really close I like it. Also game experience and being one year (in eligibility) ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator