Treon Harris to start Saturday

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n270704 said:
I'm not about to point fingers at anyone on this board, but having watched the discussion on Gator QBs on other sites play out over the last two years I saw multiple comments to the tune of:

"UF is prejudiced against black QBs and won't let one start over a white guy, even one as bad as Driskel. Those guys should all transfer."

and

"UF will never have top flight success with a black QB."

The sad fact is that there are white and black bigots in our fanbase who are, sadly, often emotionally over-invested in the color of certain players' skin. To deny this is to live in fantasy land.

Now, as far as my own Blazing Saddles post, the joke was too good to pass up and I was shamelessly angling for likes cuz you know everyone loves the "BS". And I will do so again!!

I personally just want to see our coaching staff and entire team kick butt, no matter what color they are. Orange and Blue are really the only colors that matter and I'd like to think that goes for everyone here on the board, but sadly it's not the case elsewhere in Gator Nation. Just win baby!

I've not seen any racism on THIS board and that was what I was responding to. Someone earlier said we have racists on this board simply b/c some are disappointed that Grier isn't starting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n270688 said:
Brissett did not start against ULL, he just helped finish that game. Brissett started against Jacksonville St. :peabody:

I sit corrected.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Himey;n270706 said:
I've not seen any racism on THIS board and that was what I was responding to. Someone earlier said we have racists on this board simply b/c some are disappointed that Grier isn't starting.

yeah, saw that. don't agree.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n270694 said:
Wobs = Norm Carlson

More like a Cliff Claven

cliffy.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n270706 said:

I said it and I've seen it. It's usually subtle, but it's there.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I just find it all amusing and like to pick at everybody. I want to win but I'd much prefer it be exciting as in bygone days. Don't have a problem with Treon but, yes, I'd love to see Grier live up to the hype and fling it all over the place. I'm sure he'll get his opportunities. Up to him but some kids do have the"it" more than others. We'll see.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
aka;n270756 said:
I just find it all amusing and like to pick at everybody. I want to win but I'd much prefer it be exciting as in bygone days. Don't have a problem with Treon but, yes, I'd love to see Grier live up to the hype and fling it all over the place. I'm sure he'll get his opportunities. Up to him but some kids do have the"it" more than others. We'll see.
I think it will be awful hard to unseat him against this competition. It's hard to imagine either will struggle much so I expect Harris will probably still have the slight edge going into week 2, but we'll know soon enough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n270469 said:
Where did I say he'd be devastated, asshat? Someone actually liked this post?
You should ban them all, except Dub bc I luv Dub.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n270492 said:
we hoped (expected) our Grier to be able to produce stats somewhat similar to his high school production … maybe 4 TDs/game, 300+ YPG etc
It's almost like he's never seen a Nusschamp offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lrtx1;n270553 said:
It's sad at UF we can't find a better QB than Treon. I still think we won those games last year despite Treon not because of him.
The offense looked like a bunch of zombies before Treon came on the field. I suspect they would have looked better with Grier also but saying we won despite Treon is a joke. The Big Dummy would have lost to Tinerc the last two years if he weren't mercifully removed from the field each time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n270602 said:
Rumor floating around that grier was late for a meeting earlier this week
And smelled like skank (or maybe it was crablegs) when he came in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I offered a potential explanation for the "butthurt" reaction to finding out that Grier ain't way-better than the Treon
we've seen. There's no Danny Wuerffel, Shane Mathews, etc in the wings. This may all be in "blind-sight".
This is what GatorNation idolizes from our past and fervently desire for our future.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n270656 said:
so your still butthurt over brissett not staying the starter?
No, we are butthurt over the piece of trash that replaced him. Clearly, Tyler Murphy should have been the #2 QB.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Grier pre-emptive preference over Treon is not about skin color, more about height and throwing the deep
pass accurately. ?? This is part of Gator play tradition, passing completions all over the field.
P.S. I like Treon just fine … it remains a whole-team thing that's created by a whole HC.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to Treon for getting the start. Hopefully his accuracy has improved a ton, as it's obvious the other guys on offense love playing for him. I just hope it isn't too much to ask for an offense that looks like it played football in the last half of the 20th century. That pre-1950's stuff has to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator