Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Onion

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I get the non-iron CT shirts and they hold up pretty well--usually can get 2-3 wears out of them before taking to the dry cleaners to press/light starch and they don't wrinkle much.
I dressed up to walk the acreage today. Orange Gator Tee, 5.11 Tactical shorts (OD Green), Slip on Sketchers. Wore a GI Issue bucket cap and Oakley shades for the 2 hours I was out looking at the roses, pulling a few weeds, sipping a lemonade on the back porch and moving some heavy stuff for the bride. Shirt didn't wrinkle, probably wear it tomorrow. High today was 71 with 16% humidity. And no ironing. Life is tough sometimes.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
got the cape to go with his Mess Dress because, well, pilots gonna pilot! :lol:
In the Marines its called a 'boat cloak' and yes I damn near ordered one just to be a raging smartass at every formal event. :lol:

13 years in the Corps and I never saw anyone actually wear one.
iu

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I dressed up to walk the acreage today. Orange Gator Tee, 5.11 Tactical shorts (OD Green), Slip on Sketchers. Wore a GI Issue bucket cap and Oakley shades for the 2 hours I was out looking at the roses, pulling a few weeds, sipping a lemonade on the back porch and moving some heavy stuff for the bride. Shirt didn't wrinkle, probably wear it tomorrow. High today was 71 with 16% humidity. And no ironing. Life is tough sometimes.

It'll be board shorts and a longsleeve Drifit polyester for me tomorrow! Taking the boat down to Sanibel/Captiva.

I have to dress a bit nicer in present line of work; but Gator polos/tees and Oakleys are a staple all other hours of the day.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had to look this up. It’s says “comfy” but I highly doubt it.

View attachment 58226
These are ridiculous. How do you hide the 'stirrup' part from showing under you trouser leg when you sit down? The proper ones clip to your shirt like shown, but the bottom end clips to the top of your sock to hold your sock up too, and the whole thing stays hidden.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
In the Marines its called a 'boat cloak' and yes I damn near ordered one just to be a raging smartass at every formal event. :lol:

This actually shocks me that you *didn't* get one for precisely that reason.

Everything I thought I knew about you is wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
These are ridiculous. How do you hide the 'stirrup' part from showing under you trouser leg when you sit down? The proper ones clip to your shirt like shown, but the bottom end clips to the top of your sock to hold your sock up too, and the whole thing stays hidden.

I think they’re a great compliment. Perfect for going out on a cross country walk, celebrating New Year’s with a drunken invalid or interrupting a Black Panther Party.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Would you consider the following “accessories”???

—colorful socks

—sunglasses

—hat

—wallet

—cell phone case

Alex.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Would a Shield 40 be considered an accessory?
I consider it a part of my wardrobe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator