UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
One of the insiders who've been saying an OC is on the way all along.
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If Lagway is good, he'll make whoever is calling the plays look good.

I’m very high on Lagway, but I’d disagree with that statement. I’d venture to say that the 35 current Gators in the NFL(7th most in the country), who had about as much success in college as a Western Kentucky player, would as well.

I still think you’re the tops though. Easily Top-2 poster from the 772.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway said in an interview today that he expects Napier to still call plays next year. The idea of a OC being hired before next year has never once been discussed in all his discussions with sling blade. :lol:

Napier never indicated he was thinking of an OC. Not once. That entire stupid narrative was created out of thin air by tater fckboy apologists.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This. Get it over with sooner and we’ll be better off for it.

I got my ticket renewal notice about a week after the fsu game, and a “Thank You” package of gifts for my(our) 40th year as a Gator Booster a few days later. I think they know exactly how this next season is likely going to go, and how it’s going to look. If KJ Jefferson goes to Ucf, I think there’s a real chance he doesn’t even see the leaves change. Entirely self inflicted.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I got my ticket renewal notice about a week after the fsu game, and a “Thank You” package of gifts for my(our) 40th year as a Gator Booster a few days later. I think they know exactly how this next season is likely going to go, and how it’s going to look. If KJ Jefferson goes to Ucf, I think there’s a real chance he doesn’t even see the leaves change. Entirely self inflicted.
I've stated for quite a while that he's fired after about 5 games when he's 1-4, maybe he makes it 1-5 but the only win left on his resume as the gator HC is Samford, and it'll be a win by a small margin.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Let him hang himself. This ends soon. Hiring an OC is actually good money after bad.
The OL play is so poor, with a few exceptions, the play calling is irrelevant. If Lagaway is a generational QB is the only thing that will save this next season from a fourth straight losing record.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe it was all started by that blonde bitch Ali Peek sometime around the UGA game.
I have tried to watch some of her podcasts, but just can't do it. It's almost like, "I have nothing else to do so I am going to have a podcast".

I will give her credit where it is due. At least she is better looking than Beth Mowins. She's got that going for her. Maybe she's trying to get her job.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Napier continuing to call plays because he thinks "it's fun" and "it's a privilege" will be the biggest slap in Gator Nation's face of all time. You're not getting paid TO HAVE FUN you stupid ****in hillbilly!!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway said in an interview today that he expects Napier to still call plays next year. The idea of a OC being hired before next year has never once been discussed in all his discussions with sling blade. :lol:

Of course he is. I never thought he was going to get one.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is saying that there are a handful of names for LB coach. These were given by Graham and Chiles.

1. DJ Durkin
2. Jamar Cheney
3. Mark Ivey
4. Charlie Partridge
5. George Helow
6. CJ Wilford
7. Austin Armstrong

DJ would of course be the homerun hire.

So it probably won’t happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.