UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meh I watched him too and will gladly take him on my roster. Can't hurt at all.
Well, Notre Dame was 4 - 8 this past season and Zaire's stats are: 11/23 for 122 yards and 47.8% Completion %. He had 20 carries for 34 yards a 1.7 yard average. I am glad you'll take him on the roster and perhaps he can play if Del Taco cannot start against Michigan but, if he could not start for a 4 - 8 Notre Dame team he isn't going to light the world on fire in the SEC...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if he could not start for a 4 - 8 Notre Dame team he isn't going to light the world on fire in the SEC...
Of course he is not. But the other options are a guy who couldn't get on the three deep at Oregon State, a guy who is more interested in making duck faces and can't throw seams, corners, or outs, and a guy who couldn't start in HS and who was going to be Houston Baptist's fourth stringer.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Notre Dame was 4 - 8 this past season and Zaire's stats are: 11/23 for 122 yards and 47.8% Completion %. He had 20 carries for 34 yards a 1.7 yard average. I am glad you'll take him on the roster and perhaps he can play if Del Taco cannot start against Michigan but, if he could not start for a 4 - 8 Notre Dame team he isn't going to light the world on fire in the SEC...

Yes, he couldn't beat out one of the best QBs in the country therefore he's not good.

ND's record is irrelevant, they had really good QB play. Feel free to check the stats if you so please.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshone-kizer-1.html

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is Goldkamp who you hang your hat on now?
Ummm.... no. I like him, but he isn't nearly as good at X's and O's as Dave, for sure. He's damn sure better than Spivey though. And they are all waaaaaay better than the GS boobs (which still includes Crucial in my mind).

However, when the Koolaid chuggers are all ambivalent, it's a clue. Maybe they are just trying not to commit until the SID tells them what to think.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, he couldn't beat out one of the best QBs in the country therefore he's not good.

ND's record is irrelevant, they had really good QB play. Feel free to check the stats if you so please.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshone-kizer-1.html

I have checked Kizer's stats and he thtew for just under 3,000 yards with 29 TD's and 6 interceptoons. Of course Notre Dame's tecord is important and I don't think Kizer was aone of the "best QB's" in the country. The NFL draft guys were baffled he went in the second round. But, hey, maybe you'll be right and a QB that has done nothing will tear it up.

Last edited:

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see any way it can be a negative. I think Franks will eventually be a very good QB, but it appears he still needs a little time to grow and mature. I think it is very likely that Zaire will be our starter. Franks should be able to get some game time as well, especially in the cupcake games.

I think Zaire gives us a better chance at winning right now. If he comes in and underperforms in fall practice then we go with Franks as planned.

Lol..pretty much how most reasonable people are looking at it

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I have checked Kizer's stats and he thtew for just under 3,000 yards with 29 TD's and 6 interceptoons. Of course Notre Dame's tecord is important and I don't think Kizer was aone of the "best QB's" in the country. Thr NFL draft guys were baffled he went in the second round. But, hey, maybe you'll be right and a QB thst has done nothing will tear it up.

NFL Draft guys were not baffled lol, most had him as one of the top 5 QB prospects. I'm just going off what the experts said and where he was drafted, which shows he was in fact one of the best QBs in the nation.

As for Zaire, I'm not saying he's going to come in here and kill it. What I am saying is at worst he comes in here and pushes the competition. I feel much better with Zaire/Franks than I do LDR/Franks. Best case is Franks beats him out regardless,but I don't see that happening.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lol..pretty much how most reasonable people are looking at it

Sure...if that was the narrative. He's coming for depth and be a good back up? But that's not what we've heard. We recruited him heavily. Calling it anything else is an outright lie. I'm reasonable. But don't blow smoke up my ass. If Franks is your guy...freaking roll with him. Coach him up and win. Zaire had multiple schools he could go to. Why here? LOL. Not to mention the staff told Fields we are only a QB away. Sounds like Mac has no confidence in Franks at all when you put all these little pieces together. I know the pumpers sometimes like to ignore that stuff because it doesn't fit the narrative that everything is super wonderful and we are about to beat FSU and unseat Bama.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby started more games, threw more yards and TDs than Zaire before he came here. Wtf is this clown talking about? :lmao2: at the Brantley comment.:doh:
Now, that is a scary stat. Did Appleby get an NFL tryout? I don't pay attention to the draft. By the way, Dilfer said this kid Zaire (isn't that where Ali "rope a doped Foreman) is a great passer and I put tremendous stock in Dilfer's opinion......

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Who's to say we haven't already given Zaire a playbook knowing he wanted to come here and potentially knowing that the grad transfer rule would be changed? Now obviously this would only be okay if we already had a handshake agreement, and Sankey's word behind closed doors. Any chance this is possible?

The kid is obviously smart having graduated from ND and having Harvard as an option for his 5th year. I'm hoping he can pick up an offense quickly if he comes here.
Because that would be horrible even though the playbook sucks. You don't want someone who doesn't show up to have that info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.