Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Ok, so all these guys are done. I just want want to know if this opens up 9 more spots in recruiting, and if Mac can get fired over this lack of institutional control?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Mac'll take the fifth ......... in the SEC East. :naughty:

Just wanted to say, "Hello", to everyone. I hope you are all well. I miss reading all the collective intellect.

I'm still hanging in. The Doctors ask me why and how I remain happy, after all that I've been thru and I just tell them, "I ain't scared.". What am I going to do about it, anyway. I received 8 additional lives from the Cat-9 Life Donation Pool, so, I've gotten more mileage out of this busted up body than I should have. So, every additional day is like winning Bingo - well, not that fun.

On May 21st, I fell 18' and broke my back in three places; 4 ribs; jaw; right hand; dislocated my left knee; bruised my heart; punctured my right lung and cracked 6 teeth, after getting too close to the edge and forgetting which way to walk. ;-) I walked out of the hospital 2 days later and the Doctor told me that I must have snuck some serious drugs in. I said, "Yes, mind over matter". That's why I haven't been online this season. I keep hoping I'll get back on the field, but, there seems to be hidden banana peels all over the place.

Being in my position makes me a little softer than I once was. I have been shown how fragile life is and how quick it can change. That being the case, I am not so quick to throw Callaway on the trash pile. His problem is that he is lead down the wrong road easily. He needs to have someone assigned to him who can keep him away from the traps that people like him can't help but get caught in. He's a great kid, from what I hear - just very gullable, because, he's still got the "Wide-Eye" syndrome. Coming from nothing to being a star who everyone recognizes and wants to hang out with can make a person with the inability to so "No", do some stupid crap. He should have been under closer supervision. I would make him guarantee that he would stay in school, get his degree and then turn pro. I would also make him agree to having a monitor assigned wherever he went and if he violated any part of the agreement, cut ties for good. I know guys who are better people than most; yet, they allow others to get them involved in things and end up in messes. Still, their friends help them out, because they know his core values and that he, for some reason, can't tell people no. I know, I've gotten really soft, but, a young man's life is easily lost, when it could have been saved with a little less judgement and a stricter environment. Most kids like Callaway recognize that they need the type of supervision, especially the ones who grow up without a father figure in their lives. Sure, I am concerned about the schools reputation; however, I'm now concern with making sure we did everything we can to protect some of these kids from themselves and the affects going from nothing to everything can have on them. Just imagine what some of us had been like. Girls! Partying! Being treated like a rock star! Man, many of us would have had times when we would have asked ourselves why we did something so stupid. That's all I gotta say 'bout that.

We'll see an entirely different offense on the field Saturday.

Take care my friends!

GO GATORS AND TO HELL WITH THE HATERS! :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, John! Man it sounds like you have had one helluva time. You hang in there, soldier.

I fear it is far too late for Callaway. That ship sailed.

I like your optimism as always... but I've seen this episode before.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Different than original story, actual CC theft

How stupid are they to think in this era they can get away with that?
Yea someone was trying to get out in front of this storm and control the narrative. Bad apples, bad judge of character, bad father figure.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...however, I'm now concern with making sure we did everything we can to protect some of these kids from themselves and the affects going from nothing to everything can have on them. ...
Bingo. We failed here badly. The PBJ did not cut it. I am afraid we need to control their lives much more. Needs to be a boot camp.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
On May 21st, I fell 18' and broke my back in three places; 4 ribs; jaw; right hand; dislocated my left knee; bruised my heart; punctured my right lung and cracked 6 teeth, after getting too close to the edge and forgetting which way to walk. ;-) I walked out of the hospital 2 days later and the Doctor told me that I must have snuck some serious drugs in. I said, "Yes, mind over matter". That's why I haven't been online this season. I keep hoping I'll get back on the field, but, there seems to be hidden banana peels all over the place.
Amazing............I hope you are healing up and able to be normal again. I see your outlook on life is a good one. Even Bobby B once said pitching those wayward players on a trash pile was never a good thing, At least within your program you could give them guidance and safe. I think UF lost a kid during the SOS years that in retrospect they wished they kept in the program cause he died. Either way great to see you up and around and back to gatorville here

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no words.

First keep the faith CIGator.

Second after reading this I have to put myself into the shoes of the University President. If it were me, the days of win at all costs would be over. The university's reputation is at stake here. The kids/criminals are not expendable human beings but they are expendable as far as the football program goes, and baring further clarification their days as university students should be over. There were victims here, not victims within the program, not victims within the student body, just random unsuspecting victims.

Mac? He's now got two strikes, his coaching is suspect, his choice of, and ability to, lead players is in serious question. The buck stops here applies.

As University president my priorities are: the University reputation an unquestioned number one, football number two. There is no way in hell that two trumps one.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bingo. We failed here badly. The PBJ did not cut it. I am afraid we need to control their lives much more. Needs to be a boot camp.
Yeah, I dont think the kids fear Butters AT ALL.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My wallet was stolen about three weeks ago from my car. In the span of about 12 hours they racked up thousands of dollars in credit card charges. It was a nightmare for me for about three days to get it all resolved. We have great police in Tampa and they've been all over it and I had to hunt down where the card was being used Where they pulled camera footage.

So why would the feds be involved? It's normally because it's part of a larger scheme. It was explained to me that normally you have a couple kids on the ground that steal the cards but it's a much larger, sinister network. And it's very difficult to gain traction to prosecute.

I don't think the feds are looking to prosecute these players. They are looking to lean on them to find out how they got the credit card information to get to the root of whatever network they used.

Due to credit cards having such robust anti-fraud/no responsibility programs a lot of these kids think these are victimless crimes. They aren't. It was an absolute nightmare for me. It's also why it's one of the reasons in larger cities that police forces take reports but don't do much else.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just wanted to say, "Hello", to everyone. I hope you are all well. I miss reading all the collective intellect.

I'm still hanging in. The Doctors ask me why and how I remain happy, after all that I've been thru and I just tell them, "I ain't scared.". What am I going to do about it, anyway. I received 8 additional lives from the Cat-9 Life Donation Pool, so, I've gotten more mileage out of this busted up body than I should have. So, every additional day is like winning Bingo - well, not that fun.

Being in my position makes me a little softer than I once was. I have been shown how fragile life is and how quick it can change. That being the case, I am not so quick to throw Callaway on the trash pile. His problem is that he is lead down the wrong road easily. He needs to have someone assigned to him who can keep him away from the traps that people like him can't help but get caught in. He's a great kid, from what I hear - just very gullable, because, he's still got the "Wide-Eye" syndrome. Coming from nothing to being a star who everyone recognizes and wants to hang out with can make a person with the inability to so "No", do some stupid crap. He should have been under closer supervision. I would make him guarantee that he would stay in school, get his degree and then turn pro. I would also make him agree to having a monitor assigned wherever he went and if he violated any part of the agreement, cut ties for good. I know guys who are better people than most; yet, they allow others to get them involved in things and end up in messes. Still, their friends help them out, because they know his core values and that he, for some reason, can't tell people no. I know, I've gotten really soft, but, a young man's life is easily lost, when it could have been saved with a little less judgement and a stricter environment. Most kids like Callaway recognize that they need the type of supervision, especially the ones who grow up without a father figure in their lives. Sure, I am concerned about the schools reputation; however, I'm now concern with making sure we did everything we can to protect some of these kids from themselves and the affects going from nothing to everything can have on them. Just imagine what some of us had been like. Girls! Partying! Being treated like a rock star! Man, many of us would have had times when we would have asked ourselves why we did something so stupid. That's all I gotta say 'bout that.

Take care my friends!

Wow! Glad to see you are online and hopefully recovering well. Best wishes to you!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, feds are involved because the stolen card numbers belonged to people from outside of FL.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Take care my friends!

Law and I have had a couple conversations about you. We thought for sure something bad may have happened. I'm glad to see that you're still around!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My wallet was stolen about three weeks ago from my car. In the span of about 12 hours they racked up thousands of dollars in credit card charges. It was a nightmare for me for about three days to get it all resolved. We have great police in Tampa and they've been all over it and I had to hunt down where the card was being used Where they pulled camera footage.

So why would the feds be involved? It's normally because it's part of a larger scheme. It was explained to me that normally you have a couple kids on the ground that steal the cards but it's a much larger, sinister network. And it's very difficult to gain traction to prosecute. I don't think the feds are looking to prosecute these kids. They are looking to lean on them to find out how they got the credit card information to get to the root of whatever network they used.

Lean on, indict, prosecute, convict, deal what difference does it make? They're screwed. Why would the feds be involved? Donkey, does the fact that personal data in California and other states not in Florida bring it into the Fed's purview?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a nightmare for me for about three days to get it all resolved.
What made it so tough? I've had my number stolen a couple of times, I suspect through skimmers at gas stations, and the only hassle was moving autopay transactions to a different card.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
does the fact that personal data in California and other states not in Florida bring it into the Fed's purview?
It is potentially a federal crime regardless ofbwhere the victim lives, for various reasons.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What made it so tough? I've had my number stolen a couple of times, I suspect through skimmers at gas stations, and the only hassle was moving autopay transactions to a different card.

I had six credit cards in my wallet. Including my debit card. Only two of which I normally used so I had to identify which ones had been stolen and call up to shut them down. It was stolen on the Thursday before Labor Day. I had no way to purchase anything because I had almost no cash and no cards. I had to go sit at the DMV for a couple hours just to get a new drivers license. The DMV is normally open on Saturdays but because it was Labor Day weekend they weren't opened. And then nobody was open on Monday. Because it was Labor Day weekend mail is slow down so I didn't get the majority of my cards until Tuesday or Wednesday. That's a week without any money other than the bit of cash I had in my house.

The bank for my business checking accounts would not talk to me on the phone because I had been a victim of fraud. Which means I had to go in and see them. Because many of the charges were "pending" I could not contest them. Because they could technically drop off. So I had to call Into my banks multiple times and follow the charges to contest them. Or in the case with my Business bank I had to go in three times to find out if those "pending" charges went through so that I could could contest them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm not mistaken, feds are involved because the stolen card numbers belonged to people from outside of FL.

When my debit/check card number was stolen in college I worked with the bank and they found the person was dumb enough to order stuff and have it sent to their house. It as delivered by US Marshall (from what the bank told me). So I have no doubt that it it became federal due to jurisdiction.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's clear the ones in here making light of this situation and even to some extent defending this crap have never been a victim. I have, and it was a 6 month nightmare. Had all my info stolen, hacked through a government system hack that exposed a lot of us. All of my personal info to include accounts and SSN was shopped on the black market. People from all over the country bought my info and used it to ruin my credit, rack up tens of thousands of dollars in charges, and open up dozens and dozens of credit card, cell phone, and dept store credit accounts in my name. It took police reports, sworn affidavits, legal fees, investigations by every single creditor associated with the fraud (investigating ME to see if I really was frauded or just trying to skip out on debt), and investigations by all 3 credit bureaus. All investigations had to be found in my favor before the situation would end and my credit would be repaired.

In total, it took over 300 hours of time, over about a 6 month period and included burning a full week's worth of vacation leave to get it resolved. I fielded more phone calls from ongoing investigations than anyone could imagine. I actually fielded a close out investigation interview with synchrony bank 15 minutes after my first son was born. I literally held him and rocked in a chair next to my wife while i spoke with an investigator on the phone. This was about 3 years ago now and while all of the investigations were concluded correctly and all accounts were closed and removed from my credit history, my score has still not fully recovered. I had an 810 average before this occured. Today I have a 720.

So to everybody that says this is really no big deal. Eat a 8====D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator