Urban Meyer "absolutely" would take Dallas Cowboys job

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Giants broke off their head guy, but appear to have targeted Ron Rivera...

Rivera’s got a deal in place with the Redskins. Besides, Meyer would have no interest in coaching in East Rutherford. He’s in terminal pursuit of purity.

As floated in one of those links, turning around the Browns on the heels of what he’s accomplished at OSU would put him up there with Paul Brown among Ohio coaching royalty.

Yes, Ohio royalty, as oxymoronic as it sounds.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rivera’s got a deal in place with the Redskins. Besides, Meyer would have no interest in coaching in East Rutherford. He’s in terminal pursuit of purity.

As floated in one of those links, turning around the Browns on the heels of what he’s accomplished at OSU would put him up there with Paul Brown among Ohio coaching royalty.

Black Monday is always a good sports new watch, to see what falls out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If the Cowboys want him too, there's no way in hell he's taking the Browns job instead.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

DC sports radio thinks Rivera takes the Giants job because of the GM there. He'd be a good hire for either franchise.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the Cowboys want him too, there's no way in hell he's taking the Browns job instead.

I say no way in reverse now that Cleveland’s at play. Meyer’s in tight with Haslam, he’d be given enormous control over personnel decisions. He’d have virtually no control in Dallas. Great coaches are control freaks. Meyer is a great coach.

Secondly, you’re way underestimating the purity angle and how important that is to Meyer. The Dallas opening is a corporate decision. The Browns represent the state of Ohio, a chance for revive a storied franchise and achieve immortality alongside Woody Hayes, Paul Brown and, of course, the great sweater vest himself, Jim Tressel.

Thirdly, there’s the lakefront, the airport, John Kasich, the Rock N Roll HOF, the Indians, and lets not forget Ohio’s a swing state.

I’ll bet Urban is getting fitted for a statue in front of FirstEnergy Stadium as I write this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I say no way in reverse now that Cleveland’s at play. Meyer’s in tight with Haslam, he’d be given enormous control over personnel decisions. He’d have virtually no control in Dallas. Great coaches are control freaks. Meyer is a great coach.

Secondly, you’re way underestimating the purity angle and how important that is to Meyer. The Dallas opening is a corporate decision. The Browns represent the state of Ohio, a chance for revive a storied franchise and achieve immortality alongside Woody Hayes, Paul Brown and, of course, the great sweater vest himself, Jim Tressel.

Thirdly, there’s the lakefront, the airport, John Kasich, the Rock N Roll HOF, the Indians, and lets not forget Ohio’s a swing state.

I’ll bet Urban is getting fitted for a statue in front of FirstEnergy Stadium as I write this.
You forgot to mention one thing: It's the friggin' Cleveland Browns. One of the worst jobs in sports.

He'll take Dallas if offered, and has already confirmed it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot to mention one thing: It's the friggin' Cleveland Browns. One of the worst jobs in sports.

Better be careful with all these Cleveland slights. Bernie Kosar lurks here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I think Jerry keeps Garrett. I’m certain that’s what he wants to do or he would’ve fired him already.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Jerry keeps Garrett. I’m certain that’s what he wants to do or he would’ve fired him already.
I know that's what he wants to do, Garrett is the ultimate yes-man. But there's too much pressure now on him. Even he eventually buckles.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know that's what he wants to do, Garrett is the ultimate yes-man. But there's too much pressure now on him. Even he eventually buckles.
Will be interesting to see. Jerry has a huge ego, so I’m not sure he succumbs to any pressure.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s be funny if Garrett has a deal in place somewhere else and resigns from the Cowboys. Not wanting to put up with Jerry’s Schit anymore.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I can't state this factually (but heard this often the past few weeks) and actually it does not really matter, but in regards to Dallas and Garrett, Garrett's contract is officially up, so technically he can't be fired and can do as he pleases. Just as Dallas can do what they please and neither side needs to offer the other anything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't state this factually (but heard this often the past few weeks) and actually it does not really matter, but in regards to Dallas and Garrett, Garrett's contract is officially up, so technically he can't be fired and can do as he pleases. Just as Dallas can do what they please and neither side needs to offer the other anything.
Well there you go. At this point, I have the same chances at getting a head coaching contract offer from Jerry Jones as Garrett does.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Contract ends 3 days after season which technically was Sunday

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jags meeting with the moron tomorrow. Here's to another year of horrible football!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Garrett’s definitely not returning. This should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.