Urban Meyer "absolutely" would take Dallas Cowboys job

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So he broke our program (that he helped build). Lit a match and left a dumpster fire. Skipped off to OSUcks like nothing happened. So what? At least he left a couple trophies behind in the Trophy case.
Such revisionist history born out of jilt. He didn't break the program. He didn't land the program on probation. He landed the #1 recruiting class on his way out - NUMBER ONE. He didn't "skip off" to OSU, he was out of football for a year when the OSU job unexpectedly opened up.

If Foley had hired someone competent after Meyer left, we would have been competing for NC's several times over the past decade. Your hate is misplaced.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Such revisionist history born out of jilt. He didn't break the program. He didn't land the program on probation. He landed the #1 recruiting class on his way out - NUMBER ONE. He didn't "skip off" to OSU, he was out of football for a year when the OSU job unexpectedly opened up.

If Foley had hired someone competent after Meyer left, we would have been competing for NC's several times over the past decade. Your hate is misplaced.
Meyer admitted the program was broken. Special treatment was given to certain players, etc. He broke it in his insane quest to never lose. Not jilted. Just don't like the guy. We keep the trophies. I also didn't like Michael Jordan.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

And you would have hired who? Dabo? Bob Stoops?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone who had head coaching experience.
Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley were coordinators. Hell, every coach was a coordinator at some point.

Lack of HC experience wasn't why Chimp sucked.

Also, Riley followed "a legend" and doesn't suck. There is no validity to the message board "rule" that "every coach that follows a legend must suck so just hire Zook or Chimp".

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley were coordinators. Hell, every coach was a coordinator at some point.

Also, Riley followed "a legend" and doesn't suck. There is no validity to the message board "rule" that "every coach that follows a legend must suck so just hire Zook or Chimp".

I heard that was someone else’s rule.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Still salty Fedora didn’t immediately get called up after SOS, eh?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So who was the best hire that year among coaches with experience. And I assume you meant Power 5 coaching and winning experience. Who would we have hired?
Quit posting. Some people are worth arguing with, some are not.

If you are happy with 9-10 win, non-championship seasons, more power to you. Some of us are not. You are going to have to deal with the reality that some people are going to start to expect more from Dan Mullen as time goes on.

I'm glad you were completely happy with the coaching ****show we saw against UGA.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
In 2010, Foley was the genius coach whisperer slash bargain basement program builder magician. And Chump was an up and coming hot **** coaching prospect, maniac recruiter, and defensive genius. Hindsight is 2020.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Quit posting. Some people are worth arguing with, some are not.

If you are happy with 9-10 win, non-championship seasons, more power to you. Some of us are not. You are going to have to deal with the reality that some people are going to start to expect more from Dan Mullen as time goes on.

I'm glad you were completely happy with the coaching ****show we saw against UGA.
SEC or NC? Want to be clear what an acceptable level is to you.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
In 2010, Foley was the genius coach whisperer slash bargain basement program builder magician. And Chump was an up and coming hot **** coaching prospect, maniac recruiter, and defensive genius. Hindsight is 2020.
He was coach in waiting at UTexas. We basically stole the best coaching prospect in the nation cuz Mack Brown wouldn't retire. Turns out experts were wrong about MuscleCramp. Experts are wrong all the time. Like more than half the time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He was coach in waiting at UTexas. We basically stole the best coaching prospect in the nation cuz Mack Brown wouldn't retire. Turns out experts were wrong about MuscleCramp. Experts are wrong all the time. Like more than half the time.
Even if he was a good coach (and he wasn't) he was a terrible fit for the culture at UF, and everyone except you and Foley knew it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Even if he was a good coach (and he wasn't) he was a terrible fit for the culture at UF, and everyone except you and Foley knew it.
On the board I used to post on, I constantly harped on this. A guy who believes that the game MUST be won with defense would never fit at UF. UF has only been successful when it fielded an INNOVATIVE offense. When UF tried to be like everyone else, specifically Bama, we always fell short. Foley and Chump never got this. It’s why I didn’t like Chump or Mac. It’s why I liked Meyer. It’s what I’m hoping for from Mullen - at least he has a chance.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That’s the biggest problem with WM. I’m not convinced Foley ever interviewed him regarding his vision, because it was completely opposite to what UF had always been about, and what had won us titles. Whether he didn’t, or did and signed off on it, they’re both grounds for dismissal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator