Welcome to the new Gatorchatter! Post all your issues and annoyances here!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, I ended the edge to edge screen width and made it fixed, although a bit wider than before. If you're like me, I can't read anything at 100% on Chrome, so I zoom in. This page is zoomed in at 200% at Chrome for me and looks great.

@Jack o' Diamonds you need to utilize zooming in your browser.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here is what I see on desktop Chrome at 200%:

asasda.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yeah its really looking sharp now with a lot of great features.

will we have more christmas balls this winter? and will you jingle them? :grin:

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
So I use some Gatorchatter ap (not a browser) on my Samsung phone and my Apple Ipad. So far the only difference I note is that the reactions counts tally beyond five. Other than that, they look and work exactly the same as before. I don't see the orange circle on the phone or Ipad.

I am used to both so not really an issue, but is there some sort of upgrade I should install to better use the new format?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So I use some Gatorchatter ap (not a browser) on my Samsung phone and my Apple Ipad. So far the only difference I note is that the reactions counts tally beyond five. Other than that, they look and work exactly the same as before. I don't see the orange circle on the phone or Ipad.

I am used to both so not really an issue, but is there some sort of upgrade I should install to better use the new format?
@Treebeard You're using Tapatalk, which is just a simplified browser that hundreds of forums use. Go to your web browser on your phone and type in Gatorchatter - use the actual website.

There's certainly no reason to ever use the app on an iPad. Sometimes it's easier on a phone.

Tapatalk Gatorchatter app:

F701E642-9216-479E-AB61-FB8FE0AAC72F.png

146C5995-F961-4630-80BD-1296D37D7974.png

Quite a difference, eh?

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Fellas, I ended the edge to edge screen width and made it fixed, although a bit wider than before. If you're like me, I can't read anything at 100% on Chrome, so I zoom in. This page is zoomed in at 200% at Chrome for me and looks great.

Boo. Some of us actually use massive screens at times. Leaving it immensely wide allows X2 to adjust to whatever screen the user is viewing, even down to small mobile devices. By limiting it, you leave big blue bars on each side of the wasted space. But I get what you're saying - use the zoom function....and then it fks with every other site you have on other tabs. Not your best decision. But I'll cut you some slack because I know the headache this whole thing can be at times.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Boo. Some of us actually use massive screens at times. Leaving it immensely wide allows X2 to adjust to whatever screen the user is viewing, even down to small mobile devices. By limiting it, you leave big blue bars on each side of the wasted space. But I get what you're saying - use the zoom function....and then it fks with every other site you have on other tabs. Not your best decision. But I'll cut you some slack because I know the headache this whole thing can be at times.
Total nonsense TLB. When I change my zoom settings on Chrome, it ONLY effects that particular site, none of the others. It ain't 1998 anymore.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Total nonsense TLB. When I change my zoom settings on Chrome, it ONLY effects that particular site, none of the others. It ain't 1998 anymore.

You M'fer....that is now TWICE this week, and it is only Wednesday, where you have corrected me with reality. I yield.

In my ..experience, if you right click launch a link to a new tab off the zoomed one, the launched tab retains that zoom effect. But that's so damn weak I'm not even gonna consider offering it as a defense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You M'fer....that is now TWICE this week, and it is only Wednesday, where you have corrected me with reality. I yield.

In my ..experience, if you right click launch a link to a new tab off the zoomed one, the launched tab retains that zoom effect. But that's so damn weak I'm not even gonna consider offering it as a defense.
Yeah, that's the way it was 20 years ago. Browsers have evolved, old hoss.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I don't know what it is on the desktop, but I also go directly to the site using an app - it is just titled Gatorchatter in the app list. I have been using it over the direct browser for quite some time, mainly because my browsers (Chrome or Edge) seemed to not show a number of the pictures/gifs/jpegs. The app seemed to work better.

All of the new board features are working on desktop as described in these threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.