Welcome to the new Gatorchatter! Post all your issues and annoyances here!

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
@Treebeard, plus there's this little width toggle button right next to the style picker. You can use that to make it wider or narrower between to presets.

View attachment 43879

Thanks. Found that earlier but prefer the narrow version on the large monitor. If I go to the wide version I almost have to move my head to read all the way across.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Complaint of the Day!

What's with the Push Notifications request that keeps relentlessy popping up on my phone? NO MEANS NO.

If I get an alert on my phone every time somebody upvotes my posts on Chatter, it will be blowing up nonstop all day long and will drain the battery.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Complaint of the Day!

What's with the Push Notifications request that keeps relentlessy popping up on my phone? NO MEANS NO.

If I get an alert on my phone every time somebody upvotes my posts on Chatter, it will be blowing up nonstop all day long and will drain the battery.
Go into your settings and make sure push notifications are turned off.

Also, you've used up your complaints.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Deleted it. The only thing on it was "New Posts", which was already on the FORUMS dropdown.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Now I'm old and not very tech savvy

How do you post gifs from the net? When I do it now it shows as a pic.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
throwing-papers-at-desk.gif

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
@Treebeard You're using Tapatalk, which is just a simplified browser that hundreds of forums use. Go to your web browser on your phone and type in Gatorchatter - use the actual website.

There's certainly no reason to ever use the app on an iPad. Sometimes it's easier on a phone.

Tapatalk Gatorchatter app:

View attachment 43876

View attachment 43877

Quite a difference, eh?
Oddly enough I actually prefer the first version for the phone. On such a small screen there is no clutter or contrasting colors - just easier to read. I'm used to just using the back button and navigating that way.

I do like the new layout on desktop. I will see which way I want to go on the Ipad - I usually only use that when traveling.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oddly enough I actually prefer the first version for the phone. On such a small screen there is no clutter or contrasting colors - just easier to read.
At 106 years old, I suppose this is understandable.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Complaint of the Day!

Are you sure you logged into the right site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator