Were Pumpers Right on GC Activity If Dumpers Left?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This board lost a lot of traffic when it turned into a Swamp Gas replica. I originally came here from there because of the non-stop pumping. Ox won't let you criticize the offense or the poor tackling or the poor coaching without a message in return about how you're a Fagg*t and you don't know anything about football if you are not behind Napier.
Fagg*t

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The state of the program has definitely effected it for sure. Also seeing the same old negative drivel drove people away too. I spend less time on here for sure because of all the negativity that was present but also because I just have too much going on with my sons. I was just tired of seeing the same old nonsense when there is absolutely nothing we can do as fans to change the product on the field or help the teams and coaches win games.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The state of the program has definitely effected it for sure. Also seeing the same old negative drivel drove people away too. I spend less time on here for sure because of all the negativity that was present but also because I just have too much going on with my sons. I was just tired of seeing the same old nonsense when there is absolutely nothing we can do as fans to change the product on the field or help the teams and coaches win games.
You're right. We should just stop talking about it since we cant control it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

please tell me you named them Owned and Destroyed

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This board lost a lot of traffic when it turned into a Swamp Gas replica. I originally came here from there because of the non-stop pumping. Ox won't let you criticize the offense or the poor tackling or the poor coaching without a message in return about how you're a Fagg*t and you don't know anything about football if you are not behind Napier.
Really disappointed in the two asshats who actually liked this post.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
For me, I’ve noticed a real drop in the number of threads. Back in the day, after every game, there would be multiple threads about various aspects of the game.

Now, after a game we get Bits and Pieces and Truth Takes (which I love, big thankya to the authors) and maybe a thread or two about how we suck.

No doubt, our lack of productivity on the field has created a lack of things to talk about, each other’s moms notwithstanding.
Disable chat, problem solved :popcorn:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Damn there are some butt hurt folks in this fan base. (Yes @Brooks I’m picking on you!)

I don’t get where the butt hurt comes from. Yes, first with SOS & then with Urbs, we reached the pinnacle of CFB success. Since then, there’s been a rough decade+. We all hate it; some are much more vociferous than others. Did this place start to become a broken record of bitchin’? Maybe. Do successful programs usually have downturns? Definitely.

Ox apparently tired of the whining and gave, from my perspective, some pretty mild, and often tongue firmly planted in cheek, pushback. So what? Did he actually ban anybody strictly for being a dumper? Not that I recall. (This is usually where someone tells about some specific instance that proves me wrong and I am forced to channel my inner Mark Twain: “Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.”)

I get the complaints about CBN’s in game decisions; definitely were some head scratchers last fall. Other than that - which I’m not diminishing - what else is there to complain about with the guy? I won’t speak for our favorite bovine - he’s clearly fully capable of doing that for himself - but I won’t blame him if he got tired of all the whining; especially when it was rarely original or clever. Here’s a hint for any hyper sensitive posters: When Ox threatens a ban he’s kidding; when he’s not kidding he just does it without much fanfare and moves on.

Think whatever you will, but this place is still a great the best spot for Gator fans.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Damn there are some butt hurt folks in this fan base. (Yes @Brooks I’m picking on you!)

I don’t get where the butt hurt comes from. Yes, first with SOS & then with Urbs, we reached the pinnacle of CFB success. Since then, there’s been a rough decade+. We all hate it; some are much more vociferous than others. Did this place start to become a broken record of bitchin’? Maybe. Do successful programs usually have downturns? Definitely.

Ox apparently tired of the whining and gave, from my perspective, some pretty mild, and often tongue firmly planted in cheek, pushback. So what? Did he actually ban anybody strictly for being a dumper? Not that I recall. (This is usually where someone tells about some specific instance that proves me wrong and I am forced to channel my inner Mark Twain: “Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.”)

I get the complaints about CBN’s in game decisions; definitely were some head scratchers last fall. Other than that - which I’m not diminishing - what else is there to complain about with the guy? I won’t speak for our favorite bovine - he’s clearly fully capable of doing that for himself - but I won’t blame him if he got tired of all the whining; especially when it was rarely original or clever. Here’s a hint for any hyper sensitive posters: When Ox threatens a ban he’s kidding; when he’s not kidding he just does it without much fanfare and moves on.

Think whatever you will, but this place is still a great the best spot for Gator fans.

*butthurt

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019

1st paragraph, root cause is middle center

Urban-Meyer-UF-25.jpg

3rd paragraph, needs to hire an OC and fire the current DC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i miss the feeling of having urbs and spurrier roaming the sideline on game day. you knew we were going to win, only question was by how much. and any concern post game was focused on the point disparity not being as big as we were expecting. those were the days. these days i just hope we figure out a way to score points, and not completely embarrass ourselves on defense. but yay for facilities and a good gpa!!! :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator