Where did you live in Gainesville while you were attending UF?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I only went to UF for two years being a JUCO transfer. I lived in an apartment complex way down 13th, near Williston Road (I can't remember the name to save my life). Then moved into an old ugly green 4-plex apartment right next door to Alachua General Hospital, near the sorority houses. Lived w/ two dudes the first year - buddies from home, then just one of us lived together in the other place. Graduated May 1995. Can't believe it's been almost 24 years....

I don't know how some of you jokers did what you did in Gainesville!

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Freshman - Georgia Seagle Hall
Sophomore - Landmark Apts.
Junior & Senior - Bought a 12 x 52 mobile home and put it in a park at the corner of 34th St. & Archer Rd (Rocky Point Rd.), where the Carrabbas is now.

Did you pull ass back to that single wide? :D

Just kidding, probably a good financial move. What did you do with it after graduating?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I was a JUCO transfer and poor as hell. Bought an old, 35-ft travel trailer and parked it in a trailer park out on Waldo Road for $80 a month. Lived there for three years. Aero was a 5-year program.

For graduate school, I sold the travel trailer to a local cabby and got an apartment. Woo Hoo! Movin' on up! One apartment was off SW 34th St. and another was off SW 16th Ave.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spent my first year and a half in Fletcher Hall in the Murphree buildings. No AC, sweated my ass off until November. They started renovating after that and I moved to the Landmark or Landfill Apts as we called them, from there I moved to the Hawaiian Village Apts, then finally to the Regency Oaks Apts on the corner of 34th and Archer.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
You’re not a real man until you do a summer semester in Buckman. It used to get so hot we’d camp out in the study lounge which had a window unit. I took so many cold showers to deal with the 90 + degree heat.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Freshman year—South Hall (think it’s called something else now); great location, as it was basically a walk across the street to the Swamp, the ODome, and the baseball stadium.
Sophomore-senior years—Camelot apartments; another great location for me, since I worked across 34th Street at the UF golf course.
Grad school—a house a block or two west of 34th and just north of University. Used to be a Grandys on the sw corner of that intersection... man did I used to like that place.

Good memories.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
First summer at Jennings then a house on sw 3rd ave near Alachua general hospital. House came with a dog that all housemates took over. The Dr that owned the house was a charitable man and only charged me $250 a month for the biggest bedroom in the house which had a fire place, balcony, among other things. Always heard nightmare stories about people bouncing from place to place but me and my housemates stayed in the same house the entire time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You’re not a real man until you do a summer semester in Buckman. It used to get so hot we’d camp out in the study lounge which had a window unit. I took so many cold showers to deal with the 90 + degree heat.
Same with Broward Hall. I started school one week after graduating from HS and roomed with one of my buddies who I had played football with. No AC and hotter than the devel's butthole. Luckily it was a coed dorm and we spent many a night camping out with the ladies in the air conditioned lobby and hanging down at Broward Beach (pool). All and all it was a blast despite the heat.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Hume hall, a house across from Zells then a ratty trailer in mobile city. Had trans hookers to one side and some ag Birchers on the other. Those were the days.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hume hall, a house across from Zells then a ratty trailer in mobile city. Had trans hookers to one side and some ag Birchers on the other. Those were the days.
Lol, so Gainesvillian.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Gatorwood 89-93. Wife lived in Tolbert and Weaver in ‘85, then Gatorwood with me when we came back from Germany. Son #1 lived in Broward, then Keys, now in killer ghetto house near 13th and 16th Ave... it’s truly my “Old School” flop house and it has a pool! Son #2 in Broward now, will be in Lakeside in the Fall.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Just another note. When I started at Florida, freshmen and spots were required to live in the dorms.
I was a student from '69-'73 and there was a requirement for freshmen to live on campus then. But both my parents worked at UF and lived in High Springs. I used their mailing address and then lived at Georgia-Seagle Hall, a co-op house on University Ave. about 3 blocks east from the intersection with 13th St. Freshmen to grad students lived there and the food was great. One price for room & board, something like $299/quarter, with a full time chef that cooked buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
My last 2 years mostly in the SEZ. When I wasn't there we lived out on 77th ave. in a double wide we rented from those Fking crooks at Watson Reality. Could hear the funny cars at the Gator nationals like they were in my back yard.

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
'99-'01 Casablanca West (CBW907) Many couches were lit on fire here and toilets thrown from the roofs.
upload_2019-2-25_8-40-42.png

'01-'03 The Gardens on Tower Road
upload_2019-2-25_8-41-4.png

'04-'07 Sweet house on the corner of Newberry and NW 44th St, it was on 19 acres and our landlord was the owner of Freeride Surf Shop (now its a Renasant Bank) We once got a noise violation from the city for having a party with "300+ people" as we went through 9 kegs. (back when Brew-Has would deliver beer)
upload_2019-2-25_8-39-46.png

'07-'14 Behind Midtown on NW 8th Place, I lived in a room where my landlords son had been murdered back in 1999. Crazy story. The carpet was only different in that bedroom.
upload_2019-2-25_8-39-26.png

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Campus Lodge for a semester
Spyglass for a year
The Laurels for 3 years

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Spent my first year and a half in Fletcher Hall in the Murphree buildings. No AC, sweated my ass off until November. They started renovating after that and I moved to the Landmark or Landfill Apts as we called them, from there I moved to the Hawaiian Village Apts, then finally to the Regency Oaks Apts on the corner of 34th and Archer.
man, I remember spending August - November hanging out at my friend's dorm. Had two fans pointed at me at all times, plus an oscillating fan. Then in December, they decided to do roof work and we couldn't open our windows, and for some inexplicable reason they turned the heat on. My Korean roommate thought that was the best time to bring in some kimchi in a slow cooker. it took months to get the smell out

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For the record Murphree hall in 1965 had to be the hottest place on campus or maybe earth. It was so hot that the roaches left the building during the day. Friday's we had roach night. Killed and dumped them in piles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.