Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Dwag Robinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No one, Dan keeps them all until he gets fired

Votes: 38 55.1%

• Total voters

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'm okay with firing Stricklin first. Actually I'm very much in favor of that.

there has to be someone inside or outside of the athletic department that knows basic math and can figure out who produces the revenue.
Perhaps you could lecture them on math. I believe it's your subject.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Cut to the chase. Mullen can keep all his buddies including non-performers like Knox and English and we'll stay pretty much where we are now, hoping for 9-10 wins, never sniffing the SECCG and bragging about NY6 bowls. If he researches great replacements who are proven on the trail, fires the deadwood and gets real position coaches who can recruit we'll bust into Atlanta on a regular basis. Mullen has done a great job of reviving a sleeping Gator Nation and the Swamp is Back! He's very good at X-O and can outcoach most of em on the other sideline. He just needs to have the balls to sh@tcan the few crap coaches on his staff and get these adjustments done. If that happens we're in Atlanta.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
No one is getting let go before the bowl game. If in fact Grantham and/or others are headed to Sunbelt, CUSA et al of their own choosing, it will be after New Years and before NSD.
That happening will open up Dan to start making changes. But it certainly ain’t happening in the next 2 weeks.
Personally, I think Gonzales is toast. The televising of Mullen lighting him up on the sideline can’t be unseen. I think he knows it and I think WR recruits know it, thus the situation we have today.
I agree, my vote was for Gonzalez. I've heard there's some discontent among the recruiting staff because he was lazy on the recruiting trail. There's one or two others they feel that way about, but the only one specifically mentioned was Gonzalez.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
He will retire rich first. Iseriously doubt Seider would even take a call.

There are other great recruiters, Strong and Durkin are available today, and many others. But I doubt we call them either.

Jesus. Strong and durkin. Can Grantham’s ass and give Strong DC. Is he still a 3-3-5 guy? Cool. Whatever. Give Durkin special teams. We’ll be blocking punts again. Top 3 classes every year and a natty in five maybe sooner. I love Mullen but wtf man. How can he not see that angle?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If it'll make some of you shut up about it, fire them all, I don't care. They're just coaches, hell, they're everywhere. They're all mercenaries, we can hire a new batch until they don't suit your fancy and you ***** and moan about them, too. I swear some of you must be bi-polar.
source.gif

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
I agree, my vote was for Gonzalez. I've heard there's some discontent among the recruiting staff because he was lazy on the recruiting trail. There's one or two others they feel that way about, but the only one specifically mentioned was Gonzalez.
I have heard the same. The word I get is that if Manuel doesn’t get in, Billy G will be processed.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We have MANY that are proud of mediocrity and being 2-3rd in the east.
I will admit that after a decade of total gridiron misery, I was among the group that was desperate for anything that even resembled a competent SEC FB program. I was also less than thrilled when the search for a "real" FB coach ended in the hiring of Dan Mullen, IMO, B-list candidate if ever there were one.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

If true then add him to the list, but S and RB coaches are top of that list.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will admit that after a decade of total gridiron misery, I was among the group that was desperate for anything that even resembled a competent SEC FB program.
there's nothing wrong with that. I love me some pumpers. it would be boring if you people echo exactly what I think.

I despised the Mullinz hire. I like him now more than I ever thought I would, I admit. My head stills says he is what he is and this is as good as it gets. Lets hope this gets fixed but it is damn late in the game. The next three years are easentially fixed now.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
there's nothing wrong with that. I love me some pumpers. it would be boring if you people echo exactly what I think.

I despised the Mullinz hire. I like him now more than I ever thought I would, I admit. My head stills says he is what he is and this is as good as it gets. Lets hope this gets fixed but it is damn late in the game. The next three years are easentially fixed now.
What does your heart say? Oh wait, Go Knights.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I have heard the same. The word I get is that if Manuel doesn’t get in, Billy G will be processed.
Why would a flier on an academic risk be the straw that broke the camel’s back? If its that tenuous, can him either way. And ask him to take Knox with him.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Why would a flier on an academic risk be the straw that broke the camel’s back? If its that tenuous, can him either way. And ask him to take Knox with him.
I asked the same question. Simply put, he was the only “elite”(debateable) WR that BG was in on early. From what I gather, everyone in the building is on his ass due to his lazy stance and his arrogant attitude. I think it’s the excuse being used.
Go back and watch Mullen light into his ass during the UGA game. That particular miscue enraged Mullen more than anything we’ve seen so far.
Couple that with the sorry recruiting results and I think the man finds a new “opportunity.”

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I asked the same question. Simply put, he was the only “elite”(debateable) WR that BG was in on early. From what I gather, everyone in the building is on his ass due to his lazy stance and his arrogant attitude. I think it’s the excuse being used.
Go back and watch Mullen light into his ass during the UGA game. That particular miscue enraged Mullen more than anything we’ve seen so far.
Couple that with the sorry recruiting results and I think the man finds a new “opportunity.”
This will make @ltraz happy. Add Knox, whole board is happy.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I said what? Genuinely confused. And I say a lot of dumb things so not sure if this is referencing one of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.