Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Fickel makes Muschump look like a good HC. You have to look at the ingredients to see what you are getting. Some of you people are fuchsing morons.

Luckily USCw appears to be planning on ensuring their continued irrelevance with Fickel.
Yeah, who the hell would want a guy that's taken a bunch of 2 and 3 stars to the brink of the CFP.
Just beat mighty Notre Dame at home with 2 and 3 star players, Played in the NFL, and has a National Recruiting footprint. Oh, and his outstanding Defensive Coordinator left for Notre Dame last season.

Oh, and you always bring up that bowl loss to Muschamp.
Even though Ohio State had loss their starting QB for the season, Head coach was just fired and they were on probation. Interim coaches normally don't do well......

He was the DC under Urbs as Ohio State goes 61-5 and wins a Natty...Over Bama by the way.
2 Time AAC Coach of the year. All time head coach record 47-21

He will take Cincinnatti to the Playoff this year as a group of 5 rep. WITH A BUNCH OF 2 AND 3 STARS.

How about we wait and see what he does in the playoff?
I don't have any idea how anyone could immediately dismiss this guy.

He's more accomplished than Joe Brady or Brian Johnson. Period.

Probably a long shot anyway. He's an Ohio Guy, a Ohio State Alumnus and would probably never leave Ohio.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The problem is it isn't a lateral move, it would be a significant step down for him. No chance Riley leave OU for UF. Maybe if Saban had a stroke or something and Bama came courting that might entice him to make a move, but not for a UF program in it's second decade of ineptitude from the administration and coaches.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with the young offensive masterminds is the NFL is snatching them up. Hell, Kliff Kingsbury got FIRED from Texas Tech and was immediately hired as a NFL HC - and he's flourishing.

It has to be someone who truly loves the college game.
If he's good and it's working out. You can make his salary and his buyout too high that the NFL wouldn't wanna take the chance. Also if you give em all the resources they need here they might not wanna leave. Look at Lincoln Riley. He's twice the coach Kingsbury is. I don't see him bolting for the NFL any time soon. The assistant coaches are the ones that usually bolt. Haven't seen a head coach of a major program that things were going well since nick saban. It doesn't happen that often.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, who the hell would want a guy that's taken a bunch of 2 and 3 stars to the brink of the CFP.
Just beat mighty Notre Dame at home with 2 and 3 star players, Played in the NFL, and has a National Recruiting footprint. Oh, and his outstanding Defensive Coordinator left for Notre Dame last season.

Oh, and you always bring up that bowl loss to Muschamp.
Even though Ohio State had loss their starting QB for the season, Head coach was just fired and they were on probation. Interim coaches normally don't do well......
This this is exactly the kind of thinking that ends up with garbage coach after garbage coach.

You want to ****ing disaster that went six and seven with a roster that had that was 12 and 1 the year before and 12 and of the year after you want to hire them the ****ing six and seven coach.

Thankfully you're not the one making the decision and Muschump Lite won't be available anyway since the USC AD just came from Cincy and is already negotiating.. unofficially of course.

It amazes me how much people get excited about the records of coaches in a little league conferences, that in this case are worse than normal because every decent team's already left.

Frankly he isn't even as good as Butch Jones was at Cincinnati. Of course you probably thought that was a great hire also.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some people can't wait till we start trying to run the clock out again

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This this is exactly the kind of thinking that ends up with garbage coach after garbage coach.

You want to ****ing disaster that went six and seven with a roster that had that was 12 and 1 the year before and 12 and of the year after you want to hire them the ****ing six and seven coach.

Thankfully you're not the one making the decision and Muschump Lite won't be available anyway since the USC AD just came from Cincy and is already negotiating.. unofficially of course.

It amazes me how much people get excited about the records of coaches in a little league conferences, that in this case are worse than normal because every decent team's already left.

Frankly he isn't even as good as Butch Jones was at Cincinnati. Of course you probably thought that was a great hire also.
You are full of more sheet than a FN Christmas Turkey.

You base your entire argument on his one year as an INTERIM coach.
The entire program was in disarray. Tressel was canned at the end of the season prior for
Recruiting violations.

Sorry Fickle doesn’t fit into your arrogant , know it all box of ****tard BS.

Facts are Facts bro.
He’s doing more with less than anyone in college football right now!
Fact.

I’ll gladly eat crow if he gets blown out in the playoffs, but, if it’s a close hard fought, one score game that comes down to the last possession, he will have proven himself.

We will see

Now F Off bitch.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He would bring in some great defensive recruits

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
No more three star whisperers please. Just give us a brilliant young offensive mind who will hire good assistants.
Really??
A guy that gets a group of 5 team into the playoffs with 2 and 3 star talent doesn’t get your attention?

Same guy that had Georgia on the ropes and lost with a 53 yard FG with 30 seconds left?

Same guy that took those 2 a d 3 star guys to Norte Dame and kicked their ass?

Oh, yeah, let’s waste more time with a “coordinator”.

Good lord

Good thing you guy weren’t making decisions when a certain coach was taking a group of 5 team to the fiesta after an undefeated season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really??
A guy that gets a group of 5 team into the playoffs with 2 and 3 star talent doesn’t get your attention?

Same guy that had Georgia on the ropes and lost with a 53 yard FG with 30 seconds left?

Same guy that took those 2 a d 3 star guys to Norte Dame and kicked their ass?

Oh, yeah, let’s waste more time with a “coordinator”.

Good lord

Good thing you guy weren’t making decisions when a certain coach was taking a group of 5 team to the fiesta after an undefeated season.

Ironhead, I do think Fickel is a decent coach, but to claim a guy who gets a team up for one or two games a year makes his resume. It's a good look. Look at how Mullen got our team "up" for Alabama, then basically sleep walked through the rest of the season. Scott Frost did the same thing at UCF. Need a little more to say he is a dude or not.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ironhead, I do think Fickel is a decent coach, but to claim a guy who gets a team up for one or two games a year makes his resume. It's a good look. Look at how Mullen got our team "up" for Alabama, then basically sleep walked through the rest of the season. Scott Frost did the same thing at UCF. Need a little more to say he is a dude or not.
Oh No doubt.
I agree
His schedule definitely gives me pause.
Still, watching them compete with Georgia and beat ND at ND is a notch in the belt, IMO.

As I said though, let’s see what Cincy does in the playoffs.
Are they just another UCF or, are they another Utah Circa 2004 ?

Personally , I think the guy can coach and knows how to hire good people as evidenced by little to no drop off after losing his longtime D coordinator to ND after last year.

But, yes, schedule is an issue here, no doubt.

I just don’t think we should automatically shet can a dude because of his one season as interim coach.

One more thing, I don’t think Frost would have bombed at UF like he did at Nebraska.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Some of y’all have a major Jones to bring Muschamp back. I don’t want to struggle to beat bottom feeders 13-9 because we forgot to recruit on the o line.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Some of y’all have a major Jones to bring Muschamp back. I don’t want to struggle to beat bottom feeders 13-9 because we forgot to recruit on the o line.
What teams did Muschamp beat as a head coach before coming to UF?

What teams has Brian Johnson beat as head coach?

What teams has Joe Brady beat as Head coach?

Muschamp can’t hold Fickel’s jock.

Look, let’s wait for the playoff before completely dumping Fickel in the ****ter.

If we don’t swing for the fences, with Dabo or Lincoln Riley or Ryan Day , then, we are going to need to take a shot with a successful mid major group of 5 head coach.

No coordinators!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator