Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They kinda sputtered last year and most forgot about him. After looking at how things are going this year I guess he should get a look. An offensive guy and a damn good recruiter. The bowling Green loss is ugly though

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
They kinda sputtered last year and most forgot about him. After looking at how things are going this year I guess he should get a look. An offensive guy and a damn good recruiter. The bowling Green loss is ugly though

No more weirdos...fleck is a weirdo

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Just personally, to me where a guy like Tucker immediately jumps in front of a guy like Fleck is that he’s already looking for a top of the mountain job. I think taking a job like Minnesota in the first place is a major red flag, but staying there beyond two years is comparable to Mullen at MSU or other cases like that. A winner can’t stand the thought of losing and there’s no way anyone could be coach of Minnesota and not lose. It should’ve been an immediate springboard and it wasn’t. Now you’ll get that guy, but ultra rich. It would be DM 2.0.

Plus the weird thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
probably because we watched him lose to a mid major earlier this year

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Still with the Kiffin BS? It's embarrassing. I was forced to watch the Auburn/Ole Miss game. Kiffin looked like he was going to cry the entire game. He's a pitiful figure and he's never won ANYTHING as a head coach. Why the EFF does anyone think he would lead UF back to the promised land?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Still with the Kiffin BS? It's embarrassing. I was forced to watch the Auburn/Ole Miss game. Kiffin looked like he was going to cry the entire game. He's a pitiful figure and he's never won ANYTHING as a head coach. Why the EFF does anyone think he would lead UF back to the promised land?

Maybe because we're fuching desperate.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

You're playing with fire no matter who you hire. Kiffin at least has P5 experience, a decent offense and ability to recruit. Mel Tucker is a defense, ball control guy that can recruit and Napier is an unknown...those three would be most likely. Who else would you like?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're playing with fire no matter who you hire. Kiffin at least has P5 experience, a decent offense and ability to recruit. Mel Tucker is a defense, ball control guy that can recruit and Napier is an unknown...those three would be most likely. Who else would you like?
What makes you think Kiffin has the ability to recruit? Based on what? Even his hotshot QB fell in his lap when Mullen told him to take a flying f*** at a rolling donut.

I'm on the Walt Bell train and I'm staying there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I just saw that Ole Miss is only favored 9.5 at home over Liberty. Kiffin is going down AGAIN, and they are going to end the season unranked AGAIN.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
What makes you think Kiffin has the ability to recruit? Based on what? Even his hotshot QB fell in his lap when Mullen told him to take a flying f*** at a rolling donut.

I'm on the Walt Bell train and I'm staying there.

You'd think he would be able to but again like I said, it's playing with fire. I really dont have an answer. Id throw everything at Mel Tucker but thats just me and even then he's a risk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Never open the possibly someone on here is right... then they start to feel arrogant (not arrogant c u n t level). Then they start to tell you there are two seasons, football season and then recruiting season. And for fuch sake don't ask about recruiting during football season. Then they will look at you like you have gone full injun, you never want to go full injun. Then you will start holding a urg rope, and wondering where the fuch this came from. Next thing you know sluggo knocks you out and you are waking up wearing a dress, then what happens next is between you and sluggo. Then your trying to explain what happened to the Cockgobbler, and he isn't going to hear it because you know in the 60s they all loved cock. Then you end up working for Tijuana watching a fuching donkey plow T's mom 8 times a week (one show a day, except Sunday where it's a double feature).

But at the very least don't swallow a belly full of Mullen seed by playing his skin flute like our world reknown flutist. Then you are just a Mullenite.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The problem with that approach is they often eventually find that the love affair is quite one-sided. It's why guys like Kingsburry, Patterson and other coaches at mid-tier programs still get sent packing. Even VT, after seeing the benefit of decades-long stability under Beamer, has had Fuente on the block for two years because of a few mediocre seasons. So the idea of rationalizing that you should stay out of obligation, or even because your family is content doesn't make any sense because in the current landscape if you aren't winning you're likely in trouble. May as well cash in while you have a chance and try to get some place where you have all the resources to do so.

I just think we need someone with killer instinct that is up for the task. A guy who signs up at Minnesota, and stays this long, does not fit that bill, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator