Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You fuchers acting like UF is in a position to turn it's nose up at Lane Kiffen is silly. Are you forgetting our last 3 coaches were Will Muschamp, Butters and Mullen? Kiffen takes shyts that know more about scoring points than those 3 combined. Outside of Meyer, Saban, Riley and Dabo (0% chance we get any of those) who else would make a bigger splash then Kiffen right now? Kiffen with Durkin would recruit with uga and what we need first and foremost is someone to come restock the talent.

Sure it's probably 50-50 chance Lane would get fired in 3 or 4 years for fuching a co-ed but we'd be loaded on both sides of the ball. There's a reason Kiffen was scooped up so fast from FAU while the other group of 5 coaches some of you keep fawning over weren't. His offensive philosophy is the closest to SOS's as anyone in the game today and he's a shyt talking smart ass to boot.

Him with Durkin is first on my list with probably Cristobal 2nd. If UF can't land either of those I'd rather go get a young offensive coordinator from the NFL than a group of 5 guy.

There’s a large anti-Kiffin bias on this board well earned by virtue of the ridiculous immaturity he displayed while at Tennessee and by the failure at USC. The fact is, he’s one of the brightest offensive minds in the game and he can recruit, both qualities we yearn for in spates. Where he’s failed thus far at Ole Miss is in fielding a competent defense. That’s going to be a hard sell given what we’ve been through of late.

I think what we’re looking for is someone with proven head coaching experience, someone without a chicken neck, someone with an explosive offense and someone with some degree of recruiting charisma. Kiffin fills that bill.

Whoever it turns out to be, let the chips fall. If it points to Kiffin, I personally don’t mind. He’s a relatively safe pick. Everyone deserves a chance at redemption. Just win, baby.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I believe Kiffin has a relatively low buyout, but I doubt we'd look in that direction, and if we had to get in a bidding war, we'd go cheap and lose out anyways. Malzahn also has a 7 million buyout I believe, he's who I think this administration will target early. Sorry guys, but if you think this administration is gonna land a home run hire, your insane.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Look at Lane's resume:
The son of NFL royalty he then married the smoking hot daughter of Gator royalty. He's like a prince.
Cut his teeth in the NFL. Took the Tennessee HC job just for shyts and grins and then left them holding their dicks in their hands which is some level one trolling. Getting fired from USC in communist kalifornia is a badge of honor. Then he goes to Alabama and drags Saban's offense into the 21st century. Moves back to his first love the state of Florida to enjoy the sunshine and bang coeds at FAU. And then off to ole piss for an easy paycheck, elevates their recruiting and wins games without really trying.
Fcvk, he's tan, he's rested, he's ready. He's ready-made for the Florida job.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You fuchers acting like UF is in a position to turn it's nose up at Lane Kiffen is silly. Are you forgetting our last 3 coaches were Will Muschamp, Butters and Mullen? Kiffen takes shyts that know more about scoring points than those 3 combined. Outside of Meyer, Saban, Riley and Dabo (0% chance we get any of those) who else would make a bigger splash then Kiffen right now? Kiffen with Durkin would recruit with uga and what we need first and foremost is someone to come restock the talent.

Sure it's probably 50-50 chance Lane would get fired in 3 or 4 years for fuching a co-ed but we'd be loaded on both sides of the ball. There's a reason Kiffen was scooped up so fast from FAU while the other group of 5 coaches some of you keep fawning over weren't. His offensive philosophy is the closest to SOS's as anyone in the game today and he's a shyt talking smart ass to boot.

Him with Durkin is first on my list with probably Cristobal 2nd. If UF can't land either of those I'd rather go get a young offensive coordinator from the NFL than a group of 5 guy.
My brother. :fistbump:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffen would be a cancer here. But I understand why people want to take the risk

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Speaking stop endorsing Kiffin before someone reading message boards and doesn't know and better....like in the administration... takes you seriously.

I've read things that make me believe that Kiffin is talking through back channels to UF right now. Don't shoot the messenger, but I think Kiffin is the most likely candidate right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that USC had #1 recruiting classes when he was the recruiting coordinator at USC. The fact he has been a recruiting coordinator at a big time program means something.
3 #1 classes in a row. Is what I read

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've read things that make me believe that Kiffin is talking through back channels to UF right now. Don't shoot the messenger, but I think Kiffin is the most likely candidate right now.

Thanks for waiting until almost noon to reply to aka. Word is he tied one on pretty good last night.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffen would be a cancer here. But I understand why people want to take the risk

It’s funny how cancer can turn to testosterone. I hated Rodman when he was with the Pistons. He quickly became a fan favorite when he helped the Bulls to the second three-peat. But fans would be quick to turn on Kiffin if he effed up. Lightning quick.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Funny thing is I’ve read some things on the internet that said the same thing about Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer as well. Could we be landing all 3?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a large anti-Kiffin bias on this board well earned by virtue of the ridiculous immaturity he displayed while at Tennessee and by the failure at USC. The fact is, he’s one of the brightest offensive minds in the game and he can recruit, both qualities we yearn for in spates. Where he’s failed thus far at Ole Miss is in fielding a competent defense. That’s going to be a hard sell given what we’ve been through of late.

I think what we’re looking for is someone with proven head coaching experience, someone without a chicken neck, someone with an explosive offense and someone with some degree of recruiting charisma. Kiffin fills that bill.

Whoever it turns out to be, let the chips fall. If it points to Kiffin, I personally don’t mind. He’s a relatively safe pick. Everyone deserves a chance at redemption. Just win, baby.

I wonder how many people on this board did embarrassing or immature things 10-12 years ago?

I suspect that the number is pretty high given the age of many of the posters.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s funny how cancer can turn to testosterone. I hated Rodman when he was with the Pistons. He quickly became a fan favorite when he helped the Bulls to the second three-peat. But fans would be quick to turn on Kiffin if he effed up. Lightning quick.

I have always marveled at the “transformation” of Rodman.

Dirty player in Detroit.

Great defender in Chicago.

His game did NOT change at all.

Gee, I wonder what changed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have always marveled at the “transformation” of Rodman.

Dirty player in Detroit.

Great defender in Chicago.

His game did NOT change at all.

Gee, I wonder what changed.

A disinterested and divisive Maverick in Dallas, too. He had all the markings of a has-been until he didn’t.

Correction: Make that a Spur in the ass.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

ole miss defense is playing pretty damn good and Durkin is turning heads. Kiffin is no slouch at this point and is definitely upper tier.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Kiffen in no way would be my choice, but at least he gives a s*it. The last two haven’t cared at all or understood that your perceived genius can’t overcome poor assistant coaches and abysmal recruiting. Chump may have been a baffoon but at least he seemed to care.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I will never understand how mullen ever became confused with a developer of quarterbacks. His track record is one of ruination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator