Why I dislike dislikes

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
(I have) a conundrum.

When I ask for likes, I get dislikes. When I invite dislikes, I get dislikes. I dislike dislikes. I feel trapped. I'll probably get dislikes for mentioning this.

Clearly, I'm fukked.

FIFY

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's just another form of communication like flipping a Bird......

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always like the Swonkey dislikes 2 weeks after the post was made. Those are the best. You know he has real intent at that point.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I like the dislikes........it separates the wheat from the chaff.........flushes out the curmudgeons.......lets me know someone may not like what I say but they read it and have to think about it maybe just a little bit. So I give this thread a like.........
like Far out man...................
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I always like the Swonkey dislikes 2 weeks after the post was made. Those are the best. You know he has real intent at that point.
Hell, earlier in the year he was going back to years-old threads when we hired Butters and disliking any post that didn't slam the hire. That kind of dooshbaggery will get your like/dislike privileges revoked.

And yes, with one click I can take that option away. Someone says something insane, you look for the dislike/facepalm/drunk icons, and there's nothing there.....just a blank wasteland. Just imagine that kind of hell.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, earlier in the year he was going back to years-old threads when we hired Butters and disliking any post that didn't slam the hire. That kind of dooshbaggery will get your like/dislike privileges revoked.

And yes, with one click I can take that option away. Someone says something insane, you look for the dislike/facepalm/drunk icons, and there's nothing there.....just a blank wasteland. Just imagine that kind of hell.
Someone is in a Grinch mood.

a583e0704fb3bcda0014a700efe07917.jpg

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like the dislikes........it separates the wheat from the chaff.........flushes out the curmudgeons.......lets me know someone may not like what I say but they read it and have to think about it maybe just a little bit. So I give this thread a like.........
like Far out man...................
giphy.gif
I do too. I generally like to know the buttons. It also makes me laugh most of the time.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
As the king of dislikes, likes and especially dislikes tend to push people towards conformance and uniformity of thought. Kind of turned this place into Facebook.

It is also partly just popularity contest. I came back as a different identify once and nobody knew who I was and I got lots of likes and hardly any dislikes even though I was saying mostly the same things.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As the king of dislikes, likes and especially dislikes tend to push people towards conformance and uniformity of thought. Kind of turned this place into Facebook.

It is also partly just popularity contest. I came back as a different identify once and nobody knew who I was and I got lots of likes and hardly any dislikes even though I was saying mostly the same things.
Reinventing yourself as L-boy's cousin with the Foley av is probably not the most undercover thing you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.