Why is UAA still paying Foley $500K a year?

AgingGator

Oct 3, 2018
He wasn't worth half of $500K per year even when he was the AD. He ruined the football program. People give him credit for hiring O' Sullivan but he whiffed quite a few times on baseball coaches before he finally got it right.

Good riddance Jeremy! Can't wait until you're completely off the payroll.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have the hate for Foley until I think about how long Butters was allowed to stay, especially after hearing the facts. I don’t have a problem of a person making a bad hire, but damn he should have been let go a week into the first season.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even I can recognize how thoroughly Fooley screwed up UF Football The UAA should cut all ties immediately........ but that's not how pork chop politics work. The Good Ole Boys are in charge..

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would anyone assume Foley's a millionaire? He's shown he can operate on a lot less.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Even I can recognize how thoroughly Fooley screwed up UF Football The UAA should cut all ties immediately........ but that's not how pork chop politics work. The Good Ole Boys are in charge..
Haven't heard"porkchop" in years. Thought it had been forgotten.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have the hate for Foley until I think about how long Butters was allowed to stay...
HIRING Butters should have been the sign.

KEEPING Chimp after 4-8 (and after figuring out he lied to you about offensive scheme plans) should have been the sign.

HIRING Zook should have been the sign.

The slumlord mindset toward facilities all along.

There were plenty of signs long ago that he was incompetent at his job.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Sure they're paying him, he is God-like to the Deep State of university academics whose holy grail is Title Nine. They take care of themselves and never leave.

Last edited:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Foley showed that you could build a solid all-around program with high performing non-revenue sports and still be cheap. He also showed that you be cheap for awhile with your major revenue sports and still have success, but that being cheap would eventually result in the demise of the major sports.

He was admired by other major university athletic directors for his ability to build the non-revenue sports, particularly the women's programs, along with his ability to run a program without debt, and a few other little things (i.e, his strategy for eliminating storming the field, etc). And most of his coaches seemed to appreciate that he gave them a lot of rope. But football fans learned to despise his cheapness and the erosion to the brand that has resulted.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
He has has the distinct record of hiring Zook, Chimp and Sharkboy in the span of a short 13 years. Wow! Impressive!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A decade ago, UF held national titles in football and basketball at the same time, something that had never been done before and probably never will again. Jeremy Foley was the KING of AD's during that time. It was THEN that he should have started hitting up donors etc, for big-time facilities upgrades. The alums were so thrilled during that stretch they would have been falling all over themselves to donate to the program.

What a wasted opportunity. So many Bull Gators have been so pissed that getting them to open up their wallets now is an impossible task.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HIRING Butters should have been the sign.

KEEPING Chimp after 4-8 (and after figuring out he lied to you about offensive scheme plans) should have been the sign.

HIRING Zook should have been the sign.

The slumlord mindset toward facilities all along.

There were plenty of signs long ago that he was incompetent at his job.
I’m slow to anger Swonkey.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have the hate for Foley until I think about how long Butters was allowed to stay, especially after hearing the facts. I don’t have a problem of a person making a bad hire, but damn he should have been let go a week into the first season.
Stay? That ****ing dip**** should have never been interviewed let alone hired which precedes the stay part

Edit* i now see the donkey beat me too it...and did a much better job

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Stay? That ****ing dip**** should have never been interviewed let alone hired which precedes the stay part

Edit* i now see the donkey beat me too it...and did a much better job

Remember this picture through the window in Colorado? What was Foley thinking during that interview?

635531594604846986-FTC1202-JimEcElwainFoley156A.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Remember this picture through the window in Colorado? What was Foley thinking during that interview?

635531594604846986-FTC1202-JimEcElwainFoley156A.jpg

"I don't smell smoke. Gotta be coffee. Must just drink a ton of coffee...has to be something in the coffee out here...no other explanation....anyways, it's an easy fix and I'm sure he'll address it. Besides he's paying to join like some kind of MLM. What could go wrong?"

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
From a story about his retirement:

And even though Stricklin is taking over as the school’s athletic director, Foley will still be here. Per his contract agreement, Foley is able to remain at the school as Emeritus Athletics Director through 2018, a position that enables to him to still see a share of his projects, including the $100 million master facility plan, come to fruition.

No mention of the salary, it was 1.2 million. He also is on a couple of boards that should pay something.

I think overall he was a very good AD, everyone makes some mistakes, and if he raises money I will be fine with that. Seems SOS is probably getting paid something as well, nobody is unhappy with that.

Read more here: As Jeremy Foley era ends at UF, coaches, former players reminisce on his career

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.