Why Muschamp will be here next season

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
One thing I know to be true is a really good QB can cover a multitude of sins. Now he is a true freshman so I don't think that will be the case here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley won't fire him short of 4 losses prior to the FSU game and many articles have floated that out there also. If we beat Missouri then he probably just has to split Georgia and SC to remain. I don't agree with that but I think that is how it will play out. I personally think he should be fired right after another Georgia loss no matter what happens in the rest of the games.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n80171 said:
Agree.

Hypothetically if we beat UGA but lose to USCe. UGA then loses to Auburn. We both have 3 losses but win east cuz we beat UGA. Three loss winner is being the tallest midget. Okay granted farfetched. n/m

We will know after this weekend. Following weekend worst case. Once we are eliminated from possibly winning the SECe hopefully we can breath easier. But now I'm wondering of the announcement comes after F$U instead of UGA.
Foley couldn't possibly keep Champ w/o us winning the East could he?

That is not far fetched at all. If we beat Missouri and Georgia looking at the other schedules I think we would win the East at 5-3 regardless if we lose to SC.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Love the positive vibe here, but we are not beating UGA or USCe. Not unless something drastic changes in the next week. And change is about the worst thing Muschamp can think of.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n80326 said:
That is not far fetched at all. If we beat Missouri and Georgia looking at the other schedules I think we would win the East at 5-3 regardless if we lose to SC.

Missouri would need that third SEC loss as well.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
We're not going to beat UGA.. chump is going to go 0-4 against the leghumpers. That would put him at 0-8 in that game as a player and coach. It got his coach fired, and it will (should) get him fired.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n80413 said:
We're not going to beat UGA.. chump is going to go 0-4 against the leghumpers. That would put him at 0-8 in that game as a player and coach. It got his coach fired, and it will (should) get him fired.

if he goes 0-4 against UGA, I don't think a SEC Championship Game apperance will save his job.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If there's ever a year to beat UGA it's this one. They're winning, but I don't know how. They have a very mediocre team.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n80429 said:
If there's ever a year to beat UGA it's this one. They're winning, but I don't know how. They have a very mediocre team.

Their schedule has been weak.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n80296 said:
Champ beats a gurley-less UGA and a Winston-less FSU...back for 2015. 11-2 all over again...smoke and mirrors. Worst case scenario.[/QUOTE]

I never would have thought victories against fsu and uga, our two most bitter rivals, would be worst case scenario. What has happened to the once proud Gator Nation? It's like we're living in the twilight zone.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n80438 said:
T REX;n80296 said:
Champ beats a gurley-less UGA and a Winston-less FSU...back for 2015. 11-2 all over again...smoke and mirrors. Worst case scenario.[/QUOTE]

I never would have thought victories against fsu and uga, our two most bitter rivals, would be worst case scenario. What has happened to the once proud Gator Nation? It's like we're living in the twilight zone.

We have fans that hate Will Muschamp so much, they want to lose games to get rid of him. I'm not at that point yet, but I do feel we've seen enough from him to know what our Gators are going to look like as long as he is our head coach. It's a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't scenario that quite frankly has me a bit nauseous. I just want my Gators to start winning again. Whoever provides that, be it a new head coach, a new quarterback, whoever, I'm ready for it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's been said over and over again that Mizzou is a must win game and I think that is definitely the case. If the team beats Mizzou then they have an extra week heading into the game with UGA to get Treon more reps (hopefully). There is still hope that this team can turn it around. The team is close. A couple mistakes from being 4 - 1 and having everybody feeling really good.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n80453 said:
We will see how weak their schedule is in a few days. They kicked the crap out of Misery with no Gurley. If Misery kicks the crap out of us, we have no chance and Muschamp might as well call the moving company.

The schedule is weak, all a loss to Mizzou proves it how bad we are. Missouri isn't a good team.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Treon could be the second coming of Don Gaffney in 1973, but II just don't know if Muschamp has it in him to make the complete replacement of Driskel.

We saw SOS make it work in one or two games in 1997 with Doug and Noah, but that was SOS. And besides the famous 1997 defeat of FSU in The Swamp, there weren't too many other games that season where they alternated, whether it was every play (FSU) or every other series. Doug sat out against Auburn because he was on SOS's s**t list, Noah played that entire game. I know they didn't alternate, even every other series, against UGA. And I can't remember how he handled it in subsequent games against Vandy and SC.

So I don't know if Muschamp/Roper can make an alternating Driskel/Harris work. At some point, I think they will be forced to go bold and just use Harris. Maybe that's what this game is set up to prepare the team for - the eventual selection of Harris. But it can't do much to Driskel's already shot confidence. I think the coaches are going to have to select one or the other sooner or later - and if Harris performs well Saturday night, he'll be playing 100% against the Puppies on November 1st.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n80314 said:
Why is it so hard for you to ignore when someone says Champ instead of Muschamp?

It's harder for me to read posts (fewer and fewer of them) that name former fat-boy OC Charlie Weis as Charlie Weiss. No second s in his last name.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n80413 said:

Foley doesn't give a damn about Muschamp's record as a player.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n80590 said:
Foley doesn't give a damn about Muschamp's record as a player.

Totally agree. It's actually stupid that it is brought up every year. He was a defensive secondary player and a college kid during those years. One has nothing to do with the other.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n80508 said:
It's been said over and over again that Mizzou is a must win game and I think that is definitely the case. If the team beats Mizzou then they have an extra week heading into the game with UGA to get Treon more reps (hopefully). There is still hope that this team can turn it around. The team is close. A couple mistakes from being 4 - 1 and having everybody feeling really good.

True.....Buuuuttttt.....we're also potentially not one but two blown game second clock calls from being 1 - 4. A couple of calls that could have and probably should have gone the other way and GatorNation is in FULL MELTDOWN. Don't fool yourself, we could VERY EASILY be 1 - 4. We're a lot closer to meltdown mode than the aforementioned "feeling really good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.