Why Muschamp will be here next season

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n80984 said:
​ because it's just as easy to win at ole miss as it is Florida

David Cutcliffe got fired for the following SEC records, which are all as good or better than what Freeze as done:
4-4
4-4
4-4
3-5
7-1
3-5

Then he was broken off... so two seasons of 3-5, and a current season of 3-0... still not impressed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n81010 said:
David Cutcliffe got fired for the following SEC records, which are all as good or better than what Freeze as done:
4-4
4-4
4-4
3-5
7-1
3-5

Then he was broken off... so two seasons of 3-5, and a current season of 3-0... still not impressed.

it's not the same SEC west as it was back then. I'm not pumping freeze up but I do like him better than what we have and alot of other people we've thrown around. I gotta I don't think freeze would be gotten simply because he's worth more to ole miss than he would be to us and they'd match or up the anty with any offer we could give him. I think he's definitely a long shot

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
t-gator;n81016 said:
it's not the same SEC west as it was back then. I'm not pumping freeze up but I do like him better than what we have and alot of other people we've thrown around. I gotta I don't think freeze would be gotten simply because he's worth more to ole miss than he would be to us and they'd match or up the anty with any offer we could give him. I think he's definitely a long shot
Better than what we have, by a long shot

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
dubster1;81020 said:
t-gator;n81016 said:
Better than what we have, by a long shot
So settle for a slight upgrade? No thanks

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp will be at Florida for a long time because Foley doesn't want the cost of his "buyout" on his record.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now way we win that many games. I don't see more than 2-3 more wins on the schedule. He will not be back next year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n80991 said:
I don't want a coach that has gone 3-5 the last two SEC seasons, and could still potential do the same this year.
You think Freeze may go 3-5 in the SEC again this year? :crazy:

I'd fall on my knees and thank God if we landed someone like Hugh Freeze. The very idea of even a mildly competent staff makes me feel kinda funny. Just imagine watching football again and not feeling embarrassed!

For all those who complained that the bar was set too high at UF, they should be happy. It's been lowered so far it's rolling on the ground.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
rogdochar;n81040 said:
Muschamp will be at Florida for a long time because Foley doesn't want the cost of his "buyout" on his record.
Fooley is an idiot. Chump should of been fired seconds after the ga.southern fiasco.yet he retains this idiot and makes a mockery out of our football program. And you have these pumpers in wait and see mode. You cant make this shi5 up

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n81097 said:
Fooley is an idiot. Chump should of been fired seconds after the ga.southern fiasco.yet he retains this idiot and makes a mockery out of our football program. And you have these pumpers in wait and see mode. You cant make this shi5 up

Foley could call any one of about 100 or so Bull Gators that would personally cut the check to pay for any buyout involved. I call bull****.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
10,000 empty seats is at least $500,000-1,000,000 per game. I'm not going to try to imagine lost merchandise, lost concessions, lost booster memberships, and other costs of losing. Yeah, I know we're rich from the SEC contract but lost revenue is lost revenue.

They are still trying to sell seats THIS YEAR after a full court press by UAA/Super Pumper/ Fat Tooley and company line of "It's going to be all right because Jeff's back." Imagine what the cost of keeping Chimp will be next year. I won't be surprised to see 20,000-40,000 empty seats.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n81103 said:
Foley could call any one of about 100 or so Bull Gators that would personally cut the check to pay for any buyout involved. I call bull****.
Thats my point, why do we have to put up with this bullsh34, because of fooleys ego, fucn.idiot

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law98gator;n81104 said:
10,000 empty seats is at least $500,000-1,000,000 per game.

They are still trying to sell seats THIS YEAR after a full court press by UAA/Super Pumper/ Fat Tooley and company line of "It's going to be all right because Jeff's back." Imagine what the cost of keeping Chimp will be next year.
Hell fooley and many gator fans want to give the chump one more year.word from pumpers is that he can still win the east. Look at the previous games, seriously, damn this is lunacy

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
dubster1;n81109 said:
word from pumpers is that he can still win the east. Look at the previous games, seriously, damn this is lunacy
Ex pumper here and I'll tell you I held out hope until the Bama game.....Then reality set in.....Then depression.
BTW I agree about Hugh Freeze, despite taking over at a place that is hard to win he has won more games since he's been at OM than Muschamp has here 22-11 to 18-12. He's getting better recruits the last few years too.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a different take on Muschamp. What does he do if Treon starts to play and he is actually competent? I think we all know the whole team is going to rally around Harris, they've already shown that at UT. If Harris actually plays well, will Muschamp actually begin to trust the offense enough for us to be successful? The point is that the coaching staff may be playing tight because Driskel has the same effect on them as he does on his teammates. Driskel is just so uninspiring. Can Harris actually change the way Muschamp and Roper are coaching?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n81144 said:
Here's a different take on Muschamp. What does he do if Treon starts to play and he is actually competent? I think we all know the whole team is going to rally around Harris, they've already shown that at UT. If Harris actually plays well, will Muschamp actually begin to trust the offense enough for us to be successful? The point is that the coaching staff may be playing tight because Driskel has the same effect on them as he does on his teammates. Driskel is just so uninspiring. Can Harris actually change the way Muschamp and Roper are coaching?

Here is the reality of it all. It's not Driskel so much that has ruined things, it's Muschamp aided by Charlie Weis, Brent Pease and now maybe even Roper. I watched JD play a lot in HS and he is NOWHERE near the same player now than he was then. JD used his legs to evade the rush and buy time for his receivers to get open or would haul ass and make plays with his legs. There was no indecision in his thought process. This all started to change when Weis came in under Muschamp. Weis's idea was that he wanted a prototypical type drop back passer, not a guy that could create with his athletisism.....Second round of brain washing came under Brent Pease who was controlled by Muschamp. The 2 of them put such a bubble around Driskel he had no chance to flourish. Not nearly enough option football, and too few passing plays stunted JD's development even more, not that he was ever going to be a drop back passer but they didn't even use moving pockets and rarely rolled him out.......JD only throws the ball well on the run. Meanwhile we saw less and less designed runs and options which is confusing considering we had a lot of success running option plays early with Jeff......why did they ever stop ??
I'm not going to say JD would have ever had a career like TT but IMO JD would be looked on a whole lot differently had he played under Urban Meyer AND TT probably would have been average at best under Will Muschamp & Co.

Good luck Treon, I hope Muschamp is gone before he taints your CFB career also........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.