Why Muschamp will be here next season

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n80614 said:
True.....Buuuuttttt.....we're also potentially not one but two blown game second clock calls from being 1 - 4. A couple of calls that could have and probably should have gone the other way and GatorNation is in FULL MELTDOWN. Don't fool yourself, we could VERY EASILY be 1 - 4. We're a lot closer to meltdown mode than the aforementioned "feeling really good."

We could easily be 1-4, but it's not due to those two clock calls. They were correct the way they were called and have been called that way for a very long time. We have been on the otherside of those types of calls before, if the ball is in motion within a second of the clock going to 0 it's not going to get called. People need to get off those two plays they were called as they should and almost always have been called.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
ANYONE thinking we are going to the SEC championship game is....:pumper::crazy:
Why do you guys think all of the sudden Muschamp has the stones to beat UGA? Richt has his number... dude has choked in Jax his entire playing and coaching career....

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GMDGATOR;n80666 said:
ANYONE thinking we are going to the SEC championship game is....:pumper::crazy:
Why do you guys think all of the sudden Muschamp has the stones to beat UGA? Richt has his number... dude has choked in Jax his entire playing and coaching career....
Please see posts #38/39 in this thread.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds good, but will it happen with these coaches? I'll believe it when I see it...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n80681 said:
Please see posts #38/39 in this thread.

obviously, I disagree.... Just like when SOS was dominate there, something to be said about a player/coach psyche.... And IMHO, WM chokes in Jax....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n80590 said:
Foley doesn't give a damn about Muschamp's record as a player.

If we go 1-7 against our 2 biggest rivals and Muschamp is retained then its obvious Foley doesn't care about his record as a coach either.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n80912 said:
If we go 1-7 against our 2 biggest rivals and Muschamp is retained then its obvious Foley doesn't care about his record as a coach either.

Unfortunitely, I think Foley still considers Tennesse as one of our big rivals due to the 1990's, so that record could be 5-7 for Foley.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80156 said:
I honestly don't know if the fan base could handle another year of this.

Saw a man outside a Publix collecting money for a charity, had his gator shirt on. We start to talk and unfortunately as you mentioned before the TN game that apathy might set in if we suck again this season. He tells me a minute in to the conversation that he's given up on this year after watching the LSU game and may not watch anymore, he's so disgusted with the overall performance of the team, blamed it coaching...

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
CaribGator;n80939 said:
Saw a man outside a Publix collecting money for a charity, had his gator shirt on. We start to talk and unfortunately as you mentioned before the TN game that apathy might set in if we suck again this season. He tells me a minute in to the conversation that he's given up on this year after watching the LSU game and may not watch anymore, he's so disgusted with the overall performance of the team, blamed it coaching...

:sadnanner:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
CaribGator;80939 said:
oxrageous;n80156 said:
I honestly don't know if the fan base could handle another year of this.
Did he happen to say who should replace Muschamp?

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n80943 said:
Did he happen to say who should replace Muschamp?
Yep as a matter of fact he did, hugh freeze, ole miss

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n80967 said:
Yep as a matter of fact he did, hugh freeze, ole miss

So 3-5 SEC record is unacceptable for Muschamp, but ok, for Freeze? Irony? If it isn't good enough for one, it isn't good enough for the other.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80976 said:
So 3-5 SEC record is unacceptable for Muschamp, but ok, for Freeze? Irony? If it isn't good enough for one, it isn't good enough for the other.
Ok, who then

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n80976 said:

​ because it's just as easy to win at ole miss as it is Florida

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n80980 said:
Ok, who then

That's Foley's job not mine, let the season play out. I don't want a coach that has gone 3-5 the last two SEC seasons, and could still potential do the same this year. We all want a bright Offensive Mind, maybe Blake Anderson from Arkansas State, being the recent history of coaches Freeze, Malzahn, and Harsin might be at least a place to start. Also a number of other options out there, but why would we want another coach that does what our coach already does. Freeze and Mullen appear to be having a great year this year, but from the outside looking in for 2012 so was Muschamp.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80991 said:
That's Foley's job not mine, let the season play out. I don't want a coach that has gone 3-5 the last two SEC seasons, and could still potential do the same this year. We all want a bright Offensive Mind, maybe Blake Anderson from Arkansas State, being the recent history of coaches Freeze, Malzahn, and Harsin might be at least a place to start. Also a number of other options out there, but why would we want another coach that does what our coach already does. Freeze and Mullen appear to be having a great year this year, but from the outside looking in for 2012 so was Muschamp.
Although i disagree, you dont have to wait and see to see what you have in the chump, and i dont trust fooley track record when it comes to selecting head football coaches i will allow you to that

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n80981 said:
Never mind you probably think the chump needs an extension

Of course, I forgot when you're logic is flawed and it is pointed out... you are that guy. By your logic 3-5 is good enough, what has Freeze really done? The same thing that got David Cutcliffe fired from Ole Miss.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n81002 said:
Although i disagree, you dont have to wait and see to see what you have in the chump, and i dont trust fooley track record when it comes to selecting head football coaches i will allow you to that
I think he was saying let the season play out so we can see what coaches are for real

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n81005 said:
Of course, I forgot when you're logic is flawed and it is pointed out... you are that guy. By your logic 3-5 is good enough, what has Freeze really done? The same thing that got David Cutcliffe fired from Ole Miss.
Well by your logic lets stay the course

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.