Will Griers attorney says Florida fans can rest easy when it comes to his appeal

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n300233 said:
He took Extenze
I used to laugh at Matt on stuff like this, but he's been right so often that I'm just in wait and see mode now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n300208 said:
Stupid move. Really unwise. The article I read states it was from one of the attorneys,and it clearly by the name, wasn't the primary attorney. Sounds like a young man's ego got in the way of their client's best interests.

I agree. Why poke the NCAA acting cocky like that even if that wasn't their intention..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Usually, when the defense attorney has a strong case, they confidently show you what they have and ask for a great deal. When they run to the press, they don't have anything.

I hope that is not the situation in this case.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300196 said:
This is the part I don't get with MJM's hard core stance. Unless Grier was shooting steroids into his ass, this is a ridiculous rule. Over the counter protein shakes are not the same thing in any way shape or form and should not carry the same penalty. Dude really must've been Jesus Christ when he was a young man. That's the only explanation I can think of for his deep enmity for any breaking of any rules at all, no matter what the circumstances...

Like I've started, my issue is with his stupidity. Name any college football player that has ever failed one of these for taking something over the counter. I can't and that list includes tens of thousands of idiots that are in college because they're big and fast. Hell, no Nole has ever failed one of these to my knowledge. How ****ing stupid does he have to be? :facepalm:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n300224 said:
The big deal is it not only is unprofessional, but it is terrible pre negotiation strategy. It is one thing to be confident t about your chances o your client and even your adversary, but you don't go flaunting your ego and calling sucess, pre negotiation with a despotic organization, if you have any sense. . . I would bet this is some junior attroneyr brought in to do research and infatuated that he is included in on the case preparation. Stupid move that can hurt their client and deter the results they might have gotten otherwise.

Now the NCAA might decide it needs to show them and the world how really tough they are and that you can't take them for granted.

You got all that from Matt Morgan tweeting "Rest Easy" ?

Jenny On The Railroad;n300208 said:
Stupid move. Really unwise. The article I read states it was from one of the attorneys,and it clearly by the name, wasn't the primary attorney. Sounds like a young man's ego got in the way of their client's best interests.

What article. I'd like to see it. I've seen a few articles, and none have the attorney's speaking like that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see a stat on how many PED tests are done on college football players because of the very rare nature of anyone getting busted for this in college football. You know a bunch of kids are taking OTC stuff despite the coaches warnings etc. If this was done like the other drug testing you would hear about a bunch of positives. I know a lot of places don't test for steroids unless they get a specific allegation because of the higher costs for the test.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I thought this thread was about the stupidity of the attorneys. I think we can all agree Will did something incredibly dumb -- there's a lengthy thread about that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n300247 said:
Like I've started, my issue is with his stupidity. Name any college football player that has ever failed one of these for taking something over the counter. I can't and that list includes tens of thousands of idiots that are in college because they're big and fast. Hell, no Nole has ever failed one of these to my knowledge. How ****ing stupid does he have to be? :facepalm:

I agree it was stupid, but you seem to be holding some real deep aggression towards his mistake.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Chomper;n300162 said:
I don't understand why any OTC item, legally available to anyone without a prescription at your neighborhood Walgreen's. CVS. Publix, or wherever, should be of concern to the NCAA.

Exactly and it that is the case then they should ban protein shakes and energy/recovery drinks.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300253 said:
I agree it was stupid, but you seem to be holding some real deep aggression towards his mistake.
Everyone is really pissed about finally finding a damn QB, then 2 weeks later having him gone for 12 months because of stupidity.

Some aim that anger at Will, some at the NCAA, and some at Treon.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Here's the reality, Grier was set up and both the attorney's and the NCAA know it....Now the NCAA can't prove with 100% certainty the "handling procedures" of the sample.....Same way I've seen several Central Florida Deputy's Sheriff's get off of DUI.....technicality's with testing equipment/out of date equipment. NCAA will still try and stall but Grier will be back at the start of next season...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n300258 said:
Everyone is really pissed about finally finding a damn QB, then 2 weeks later having him gone for 12 months because of stupidity.

Some aim that anger at Will, some at the NCAA, and some at Treon.

Well imo it belongs on the NCAA. Grier made a monumentally stupid mistake, but he's not a wise and learned adult yet. He's still a young man, prone to making mistakes as he learns how to be a man in a world full of crossroads.

Having the same punishment for over the counter supplements as steroid injections is completely ridiculous. In fact, banning anything that is readily available without a prescription is pretty stupid when you think about it. Performance Enhancing? Maybe, but if everybody has the same access to it, then why is it considered illegal? Nobody has an advantage if everybody has access.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n300264 said:
Here's the reality, Grier was set up and both the attorney's and the NCAA know it....Now the NCAA can't prove with 100% certainty the "handling procedures" of the sample.....Same way I've seen several Central Florida Deputy's Sheriff's get off of DUI.....technicality's with testing equipment/out of date equipment. NCAA will still try and stall but Grier will be back at the start of next season...

hopefully before that. Four games would be reasonable, more not!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300266 said:
Well imo it belongs on the NCAA. Grier made a monumentally stupid mistake, but he's not a wise and learned adult yet. He's still a young man, prone to making mistakes as he learns how to be a man in a world full of crossroads.

Having the same punishment for over the counter supplements as steroid injections is completely ridiculous. In fact, banning anything that is readily available without a prescription is pretty stupid when you think about it. Performance Enhancing? Maybe, but if everybody has the same access to it, then why is it considered illegal? Nobody has an advantage if everybody has access.

To me it would depend on what it was. A few years back you could get OTC stuff at health food stores that were legal at the time that were directly converting into testosterone once the liver added something to it. I think they finally got most of those banned but I saw people gaining 20 pounds of muscle in no time on that stuff.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n300168 said:
You're a good poster and we're typically on the same page, but you seem to be really harsh on what may have been a kid making an honest mistake.

If you had ponied up already and sent ox ten bucks, you would know that MJM is somewhat of an authority on kids breaking the rules.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300270 said:
I think they finally got most of those banned but I saw people gaining 20 pounds of muscle in no time on that stuff.

My point is, who cares? If it's OTC, then every single dick and harry out there can get their hands on it. NOBODY has a competitive edge if EVERYBODY can easily get it. That's my point. What the hell is the NCAA's reasoning for them being banned? I don't see the competitive edge it can give anybody.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300295 said:
My point is, who cares? If it's OTC, then every single dick and harry out there can get their hands on it. NOBODY has a competitive edge if EVERYBODY can easily get it. That's my point. What the hell is the NCAA's reasoning for them being banned? I don't see the competitive edge it can give anybody.

It is silly, but somehow, some way every college football player in the country has managed to avoid the pitfall...except for one.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n300299 said:
It is silly, but somehow, some way every college football player in the country has managed to avoid the pitfall...except for one.
At this point I'm starting to think you want the kid executed.

Yeah, it was dumb. Should it cost him his career?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.