Will Muschamp in play at the University of Houston?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator Wray;n130342 said:
Question:? Is Meyer winning because he is a great coach or is the BigTen really that bad?

Both. He is a good coach but in a weak conference. He didnt do well here once his staff split up....I am thankful for the 2 NCs he left us with...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n130338 said:
You guys are right, we're in way better shape without Meyer. Thank goodness he quit and we hired muschamp. We're better off because of it. It's not like Meyer's still winning and muschamp didn't fail miserably here.

What I said is that Meyer left the program in worse shape. Meyer was no putting 100% in the last couple of years and it showed. The last year specifially. The culture was bad and the players had entitlement and off the field issues. The arrests were starting to make us look like Miami and FSU.

Remember one of the first things that Muschamp did was dismiss Jenkins (CB) who was one of his best players.

OH... and regarding the falciy of Muschamp not recruiting OL...

2011 - 2 OL... this was his first class when he was in transition from Meyer and basically was trying to hold onto Meyer's class
2012 - 3 OL... certainly not enough
2013 - 6 OL ... this is the class where he really focused on OL
2014 - 6 OL...

So his first full year recruiting he did not get enough, but the other 2 he got 6 each. Some have transferred and some have left due to injury. Max Garcia was a JC transfer, but he did recruit them... the truth is they just haven't really panned out.

2008 - 4 OL recruited by Meyer
2009 - 5 OL by Meyer
2010 - 2 OL by Meyer

So you can see.. the 2010 and 2011 classes were the ones that have really set us back from an OL perspective. Both can be attributed to Meyer...IMO. This is one of the key ways he broke the program and left the cupboard bare... the lack of recruiting OL (and he knew this) set anybody up for a rough couple of years.

We all know the defense kept us close in 2012, but we couldn't protect the QB at all. In 2011 we couldn't protect the QB and on and on.

I do think Muschamp should have had this fixed by this year... and he didn't, but he also didn't break it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n130342 said:
Question:? Is Meyer winning because he is a great coach or is the BigTen really that bad?

Meyer has won big wherever he's been. He's one of the best in the college game during this era and anyone that tries to argue that is just a fool or a hater.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
Houston: According to Yahoo Sports' Pat Forde, Ohio State offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Tom Herman is a candidate

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n130362 said:
OH... and regarding the falciy of Muschamp not recruiting OL...

2011 - 2 OL... this was his first class when he was in transition from Meyer and basically was trying to hold onto Meyer's class
2012 - 3 OL... certainly not enough
2013 - 6 OL ... this is the class where he really focused on OL
2014 - 6 OL...

2008 - 4 OL recruited by Meyer
2009 - 5 OL by Meyer
2010 - 2 OL by Meyer
Still sucking that D I see. Embarrassing. Don't the other Muschimps live in Atlanta? :hmmmm:

And where the hell are you getting your numbers? You counting punters, long snappers or walkons? Here are the real numbers (with the link for proof):

2010 2 Meyer's disaster.
2011 2 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...011/florida-67
2012 2 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...012/florida-67
2013 5* (really only 3) http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...013/florida-67
2014 6* (really 5) http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...014/florida-67

Let's take a closer look:

2011- Tripp Thurman (4*) and Daz' project Tommy Jordan. It appears Chimp just stood pat with Creyer's class. (I doubt anyone but Daz was responsible for two kids from the northeast.) Jordan was hurt when we signed him and never played a play, I think. Chimp was certainly hamstrung by this being a transitional year. However if he had recognized the problem, especially given Creyer's whiff the year before, he could have at least looked for juco patches and more 2/3 star filler (preferably ones without back or shoulder issues) like Jordan to plug the holes. Apparently he believed Abowlverdi's predictions that we were going to land every 5 star.

2012- Dunker (4*) and Humphries (5*). Nice start. Why did he quit? Again, if he had realized the calamity he could have reached for more filler, at least, but he was clueless still. This, and missing on all the offensive playmakers, like Agholor, Diggs, and Mike Davis, was exactly why it was easy to predict Chimp was destined to fail... even when most of chided me for the prediction.

2013- Trent Brown (juco), Dillard, Octavius Jackson, Rod Johnson, Trevon Young. Well, at least this was a marginal class. Only four freshmen. Brown was a JUCO upperclassmen and everyone knew Trevon Young was a basketball player who probably would never play. He didn't make it through the first semester. Again, we really only signed 3 real freshman OL EVEN IN THIS CLASS. Chimp is a zombie at this point. Dead man walking. Rotting flesh falling off as he stumbled around.... even while some of you parroted what a great recruiter he was and how he was building a program.

2014- Dorsey, Harkless, Kelleher (4*), Andrew Mike, Sarvary (JUCO), Sharpe (4*). Finally, 5 freshman!!!!!!!! Wow! It only took 4 classes. Not really though because two were injured when we signed them. We probably SHOULD have been begging for 2-3 jucos in each class to make up for the past Chimp recruiting disasters. Just 1 Juco signed, and he was hurt. Oh well. That's what you get shopping in the seconds bin because no one anywhere wants to watch your brand of football much less play in it.

It should be noted by 2013 we were no longer getting 4 or 5 star players with regularity, and stealing or linemen from Vandy and Indiana.

It doesn't really matter whether he was apathetic toward the offense, stupidly unable to assess talent and predict commits and flips, or just unlucky. Hell, his recruiting at any other position other than CB and DE is basically the same song, different octave. Anyone who consistently signs 2-3 OL and 4-6 DBs deserves getting fired.

SEE YA Chimp!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n130342 said:

he is a great coach. Period. No question. None.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n130380 said:
If he takes the gig, his wife will love it here. There is so much to do. She will be the social butterfly. There is like a charity event event almost every week. I would not be surprised if we ran into each other. There are only 2 areas where he would possibly live. if he coached the Cougs. My wife is totally bummed out. Now we can BOTH scream at the TV, or in person. We have good seats.

Bad news Avatara, I just saw this:
@Joseph_Duarte: Source: Former Florida head coach Will Muschamp has interviewed with University of Houston officials about vacant head coaching job

It's not looking great for you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n130408 said:
he is a great coach. Period. No question. None.

It became even more evident when he went to a second major program and turned it on a dime.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got notice he's poised to take the Auburn DC job.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he is going to Auburn as DC and taking t rob with him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Houston watched game film of UF and decided against it, according to sources. :lol: jk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator