Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Now we got clairvoyants.

UGA, FSU and LSU have all picked up multiple players the past 10 days in the portal who will start for them next year while preparing for a bowl game. We've got Louisville's 3rd string DT and the Mertz while sitting at home.

We need major upgrades at QB, TE, OT, DT, LB and Safety. Florida's lack of action in the portal bothers me more then that shyt sandwich we we're served the last few games of the season.
Miami has gotten a few also, an OL from Bama, LB for Washington State and a CB from UCF, all 4 stars who will all be starters.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9D327844-32C0-4601-A301-09E9310036B0.jpeg

…where Billy, Mario, Graham, the NCAA, etc. have touched/hurt you.

:lol:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Everyone needs to accept the fact that winning next season isn't in Billys plan. Thats the only way to rationalize the lack of interest in portal players. He sees it as a 2 year roster flip and isn't going to change his plan just to win a few more games in year 2. He has to know the fans will hate him for it, but must be circling year 3 as the year we will be competitive. Thats the only conclusion I can come to. Not saying I'm down with it, but it just has to be his thought process. Otherwise hes toast.
This is what I believe as well. Muschamp and butters were morons, Mullen was a lazy, arrogant *******. I don't believe Napier is like the last 3 in any of those regards. I believe he has a system and a plan and is going to stick to it regardless. I also believe next year is gonna be a trainwreck, by not loading up in the portal he doesn't appear to be willing to sacrifice year 4 or 5 to fix year 2. It may pay off in the long run who knows, but I do know he better kick ass in year 3 or he won't make it past Halloween.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Everyone needs to accept the fact that winning next season isn't in Billys plan. Thats the only way to rationalize the lack of interest in portal players. He sees it as a 2 year roster flip and isn't going to change his plan just to win a few more games in year 2. He has to know the fans will hate him for it, but must be circling year 3 as the year we will be competitive. Thats the only conclusion I can come to. Not saying I'm down with it, but it just has to be his thought process. Otherwise hes toast.
FWIW - Last summer I went to a luncheon where the featured speaker was Tony Barnhart (formerly a sportswriter for the Atlanta paper (AJC) who currently works for CBS sports as a "college football insider"). While he is an Ugly homer - and predicted they'd win the title again this year - he spoke at length about the SEC and ACC. When asked about CBN, he stated he thought it was a great hire, but that UF fans would need to be patient as it wouldn't be until year three that there would be positive results. He cautioned the Ugly fans in attendance - about 3/4 of those present - that the Napier hire would likely mean UF would soon be challenging the dwags for supremacy in the SEC east.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
You Lie Harry Potter GIF by Sky

Can't be. It's common knowledge BN rides the short bus and the whole staff shuns recruiting to play the hokey pokey over happy hour drinks.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW - Last summer I went to a luncheon where the featured speaker was Tony Barnhart (formerly a sportswriter for the Atlanta paper (AJC) who currently works for CBS sports as a "college football insider"). While he is an Ugly homer - and predicted they'd win the title again this year - he spoke at length about the SEC and ACC. When asked about CBN, he stated he thought it was a great hire, but that UF fans would need to be patient as it wouldn't be until year three that there would be positive results. He cautioned the Ugly fans in attendance - about 3/4 of those present - that the Napier hire would likely mean UF would soon be challenging the dwags for supremacy in the SEC east.
When your rivals are speaking well of you... /Spurrier

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1672375771633.png
We had a Defensive Back in High School that looked like this. Coach said the reason he was so good was because he could keep one eye on the ball and one eye on the receiver

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Please see 2003 Florida football stats - Chris Leak
Mertz’ stats from last year are very similar to Leak’s freshman & junior years. If Rashada could be in that range I’d play him to get him experience over playing Mertz because he feels safer having more experience. Rashada has a huge potential upside that requires game reps to actualize or determine isn’t so great.

Or be like Spurrier & pull whoever is having a rough patch and try the other guy(s). Get Rashada in games early and often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator