Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can see that on mobile. any chance you could summarize?

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize Stidham is a spread QB and we don't run a spread offense? So, is the offense going to change or are we going to fit a spread QB into a prostyle offense?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize Stidham is a spread QB and we don't run a spread offense? So, is the offense going to change or are we going to fit a spread QB into a prostyle offense?

He played in a spread offense, not a spread option offense. He's not a run-first guy, and will fit into any type of pro style offense.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After Mac's visit...

I just want to assist a few of the poor confused folks around here. I understand many of you have difficulty understanding Twitterese. This tweet in no way shape or form indicates that he's considering UF. All it means is he's bragging to his twitter groupies about all the choices he has because he's so awesome.

I just couldn't stand the thought of so many people losing sleep worrying about whether this kid was going to pick us or not. You're welcome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He played in a spread offense, not a spread option offense. He's not a run-first guy, and will fit into any type of pro style offense.
Youre wasting your time. Most of these people think that Urban runs THE SPREAD and the Big12 runs The PROSTYLE.

I swear we had about a hundred threads on this at gsmb and most are Concreteheads.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What is scary is that we are recruiting this guy hard. What does that tell you about LDR, Franks, Trask and Allen?

Not good folks, not good. I hope he comes here. Because I am not liking next year without him. Mac might be getting desperate.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Stidham is definitely making it interesting. The local talk radio shows here in Gainesville reported that Stidham started following Callaway and Cleveland on Twitter before the SEC championship game and has been talking to them privately. Stidham was quoted as saying that he can't wait to play in the SEC championship game next year. The radio guys were taking that to mean that he is thinking hard about coming here. His tie to Auburn is the OC and it looks like the OC is going to leave after this season.

I still think it's a long shot, but it looks better than it did a few days ago.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm assuming he's going to Auburn until I definitively hear otherwise. I can't handle any more disappointment in recruiting, so I'm just going to operate as if he's not coming. We've taken way too many L's lately, on and off the field.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Invite Stidham to add his high octane to our offense so our defense won't get gassed.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm assuming he's going to Auburn until I definitively hear otherwise. I can't handle any more disappointment in recruiting, so I'm just going to operate as if he's not coming. We've taken way too many L's lately, on and off the field.
Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna be a tigger, the check has already cleared. Aubbie like Bama and the holes will do whatever it takes to win. We're gonna have to start getting our hands a little dirty if we want to be elite nowadays.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is this guy really that good? I watched tape of him. Seems to get rid of the ball quick, but that sidearm motion is pretty unorthodox.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say better than we have, for sure, and that's all that matters, right? Quick release and accuracy is more important, actually the only thing that is important IMO. Arm strength really doesn't matter. We won two championships with weak armed Wuerrfel and Leak. Some claim Tebow is weak armed too, though I've never agreed.

It's hard to say when he was playing against Big 12 defenses but it's a lot better than sucking vs. Big 10 defenses (AA).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Decent highlight reel if you can stomach the music.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is this guy really that good? I watched tape of him. Seems to get rid of the ball quick, but that sidearm motion is pretty unorthodox.
He's really that good but I won't feel like we missed out if he decides to go run the triple option at auburn.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His stature and motion actually remind me a little of (don't puke when I say this) Bradford.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watched his first start and he balled out. Had to look it up. He went for over 400 yards vs Kstate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator